Long Songs ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Long Songs ...

And that brings...a song about a boat, ( or a really good beer if you are in Northeast Ohio )

29 souls

for cuseattle, with a mention of bananas

FYI this song was written about Watertown, NY. "I spent a week there one afternoon"

See, this is why these threads are awesome. I forgot what incredible storytelling his songs were. One of my earliest memories (along with riding a big wheel to the lil peach in Springfield) was my parents taking me to an outdoor concert when I was like 6 or 7 in Newport, RI I think.

You can always count on the cheap seats.

Thanks, man. The greatest short stories live album is one of my favorites. Broke it out a few months ago to listen with the girlfriend. At the end she said thanks for sharing it with her.

Yea. Well. Harry seems rather forgotten on here. His music always elicits a visceral response for me, likely because it is so tied to my innocent mind trying to learn about his adult subject matter.

Hell we got time for some more Harry right?

Oh man I am glad I found this one. Big John Wallace singing falsetto

So many colors. (the actually song might be less than 4 minutes but I truly don't care about Cowtowns rules here, I am on a Chapin kick)

Ok Ok I got another long one from another extremely underrated guitarist (Cowtown I am not comparing Prince to Knopfler, but the distance isn't a far as you think)

Yea. Well. Harry seems rather forgotten on here. His music always elicits a visceral response for me, likely because it is so tied to my innocent mind trying to learn about his adult subject matter.

Hell we got time for some more Harry right?

Harry is one of my all time favorites. I think he is woefully underappreciated.

And this is appropriate since I am going to bow out now (and count on my upcoming tees in the AM)

Great song. One of my college buddies used to get all wasted and give us his Jim Morrison impression. The kid is now a neurosurgeon. I would pay anything to see him do this song at Karaoke.

Freebird!

I recall many a drunken air guitar fest to that song.

Yea, there is a reason why it is always considered ok to yell Free Bird dunr between songs time at a concert. No matter who is playing.

The tune is so in my head, I can think the music. Google Free Bird Cover and there are like 70000 youtubes of wannabes playing it.

Lyrics and electricity are really irrelevant to its awesomeness.