Long Songs ... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Long Songs ...

"When I get lonely and I'm sure I've had enough ... "

Did anyone know these guys were Dutch? And yea, it's lip synced, but it's still a great rocker ...

And while we're on Golden Earring ...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
there's a guy starting to realize
That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
It's two a.m. ...

"Twilight Zone" is a 1982 hit by the Dutch band Golden Earring. It was written by the band's guitarist George Kooymans, who got the inspiration from a book by Robert Ludlum, The Bourne Identity."

Learning how to play with other musicians is a neat experience, and so I like this one for the unrehearsed feel to it, ironically enough when Bruce joins the vocal and is searching for the note. And the accordion brings something to the party, too ...

My favorite from this album -
covering the late Dave Brubeck's

[song: Take Five]

Hey man, thanks for that. I'm not much of a jazz guy, but that was pretty cool, gotta check it out now. I like stuff that you can either really listen to, or you can just have it on as background. Traffic was the first band that really grabbed me that way.

Geez, this is LONG songs, why do I see things 4-5 minutes.

Cortez the Killer

I'm only 20 so a lot of this is before my times. Luckily I have a cool dad and he introduced me to the Grateful Dead, Talking Heads, String Cheese Incident(who I saw this summer for the first time). among many others. So thank you for posting so many good songs, this thread has only helped in broadening my musical tastes.

After that little rambling session let me add one of my all time favorite songs to the list, Hurricane by Bob Dylan. It is about Rubin Hurricane Carter and how he was framed for a murder just because he was black.