Looking ahead - Next years Roster | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looking ahead - Next years Roster

Jarveon Howard. What’s the deal here? Don’t expect Adams back at all as he never really had a presence here. But let’s be honest...this preparing for the draft is totally unrealistic. Howard really seems like he could be a real good college back. I don’t know about NFL. Hope he comes back because we could really use him.

Going to assume that players that can comeback will comeback. Not sure beyond Cisco who would be declaring for the draft from the guys that are here today. Maybe Williams, but that's it. I think Elmore can be a swiss army guy free agent, but I don't he gets drafted.

Including current commitments.

Starting with the DL - obviously Williams and Black will evaluate their next steps and determine if they want to spend another year here.

No.NamePos.Ht.Wt.Yr.YrInDC
0McKinley WilliamsDL6/4291R-Sr.51
85Josh BlackDL6/3282R-Sr.51
9Kingsley JonathanDL6/3264Sr.41
97Cody RoscoeDL6/1258Sr.42
52Curtis HarperDL6/2296R-Jr.42
93Caleb OkechukwuDL6/4257R-So.32
88Drew TuazamaDL6/5244R-Fr.22
99Zach MortonDL6/4248R-Jr.43
61Joe RondiDL6/4272R-Fr.23
92Jason MuñozDL6/3243R-Fr.23
95Cooper DawsonDL6/5255R-Fr.24
12Latarie KinslerDL6/3213Fr.14
94Kevin LemieuxDL6/4252Fr.14
Elijah FuentesDL6/3260R05
Jatius GeerDL6/5240R05
Terry LockettDL6/1255R05
Jaelin MossDL6/5250R05
Hayden NelsonDL6/4240R05

None of these guys address the problem of a lack of a two gap nose on the roster. Probably the only route is JUCO or transfer.

Drew T has alot of upside but haven't seen him fire from the edge as of yet. Bear can and does do it. Josh black is an interesting player here for us. When we were still running a true 3-4, he converted to a tackle from DE and the results have been
...flat and at the same time this stud of a fb player has been played and driven out of position. This has happened with a few players here and its frustrating. JB has talent, had talent to play off the edge but bc of the staffs inability to find legit DTs in recruiting rhythm over the past 3 years has led to DE players being recruited into this position. Not fair or make sense.

I think one player in particular that could emerge and automatically show up as a starting tackle on the spring two-deep is Garth Barclay.

Currently 6-7, 270 lbs and got into the GT game. Another offseason hopefully gets him up to 290 lbs and then I think the sky is the limit.

Yeah I didn't mention him, I learned my lesson with Qadir White, I'll count on him when I can count on him :)

Jarveon Howard. What’s the deal here? Don’t expect Adams back at all as he never really had a presence here. But let’s be honest...this preparing for the draft is totally unrealistic. Howard really seems like he could be a real good college back. I don’t know about NFL. Hope he comes back because we could really use him.

I always thought Howard could be a very good college back and I agree that him opting out to prepare for the draft is highly unlikely.

I think one player in particular that could emerge and automatically show up as a starting tackle on the spring two-deep is Garth Barclay.

Currently 6-7, 270 lbs and got into the GT game. Another offseason hopefully gets him up to 290 lbs and then I think the sky is the limit.

Needs to hit the weight room... And dining hall hard by the looks of it. I love his potential ceiling but I can't see him playing in his first 2 seasons, especially vs Clemson and the likes, without getting steam rolled

Very possible. I think there are some really sold upgrade options on the Grad Transfer market at OT for us. I still think the offensive line could be a real surprise next year as to how quickly it could turn around.
I know but I think we’ve seen all we’re going to see from the likes of servais and vetterello. Maybe Bergeron gets better in year 3 and who the hell knows with the davis guys.

I think any kid who cant make the nfl is certifiably nuts not to come back. Free 6th year of education, training table, stipend plus you get to Ball.
Right. Unless they no longer enjoy football. Play their last year in front of fans.

The school part? Didnt Matt Leinhart famously take Ballroom Dancing to fulfill his 1 class requirement? A kid like Rex might actually want to take more classes. Why wouldn't they?

Going to assume that players that can comeback will comeback. Not sure beyond Cisco who would be declaring for the draft from the guys that are here today. Maybe Williams, but that's it. I think Elmore can be a swiss army guy free agent, but I don't he gets drafted.

Including current commitments.

Starting with the DL - obviously Williams and Black will evaluate their next steps and determine if they want to spend another year here.

No.NamePos.Ht.Wt.Yr.YrInDC
0McKinley WilliamsDL6/4291R-Sr.51
85Josh BlackDL6/3282R-Sr.51
9Kingsley JonathanDL6/3264Sr.41
97Cody RoscoeDL6/1258Sr.42
52Curtis HarperDL6/2296R-Jr.42
93Caleb OkechukwuDL6/4257R-So.32
88Drew TuazamaDL6/5244R-Fr.22
99Zach MortonDL6/4248R-Jr.43
61Joe RondiDL6/4272R-Fr.23
92Jason MuñozDL6/3243R-Fr.23
95Cooper DawsonDL6/5255R-Fr.24
12Latarie KinslerDL6/3213Fr.14
94Kevin LemieuxDL6/4252Fr.14
Elijah FuentesDL6/3260R05
Jatius GeerDL6/5240R05
Terry LockettDL6/1255R05
Jaelin MossDL6/5250R05
Hayden NelsonDL6/4240R05

None of these guys address the problem of a lack of a two gap nose on the roster. Probably the only route is JUCO or transfer.

Agree, we some biggins to play 2 gaps on the nose.

I also dont think we should expect anyone to come back for a 6th year. That's just a lot.
Q
A few might on the covid rule. Staying in college is attractive to alot of players.

I don't believe the staff expects either back.

“Fat guy in a little coat!”

I'm so far off topic, but this scene makes me think of our RBs trying to find room to run.

tenor.gif

Elmore will move back to d line next year. And maybe once or twice is the receiver in Gilbert’s play where the wide receiver is five yards behind the line of scrimmage. Devastating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom