Looks like Mark Coyle has quite the mess at Minnesota | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like Mark Coyle has quite the mess at Minnesota

Too bad Seinfeld is over, he could have been Newman's stunt double

20131101__131102claeys.jpg

1329866-seinfeld_220_1_337x233_040920080126.jpg

What kills me is over on their forum, multiple posts claiming Fleck would be in over his head / they're above him... Ummm, you should be praying that you get as good a candidate as Fleck right now.

Actually might be the perfect fit with fleck. A Midwest guy who brings some juice (although i think he is bit of a clown). Coyle scooped Dino from the MAC, seems like just about the same scenario. Fleck might even be viewed as a better get for Coyle as he is staying in his recruiting backyard.

Reactions: CIL
What kills me is over on their forum, multiple posts claiming Fleck would be in over his head / they're above him... Ummm, you should be praying that you get as good a candidate as Fleck right now.

That's a bad hill to die on when you're in the job market. I would probably choose a candidate who didn't throw a tantrum in defense of his gang raping teammates.

Getting nasty for sure.. lots of grenades being tossed.. Gophers will be very lucky to get Fleck or Boise coach at this point.. not very attractive walking into this hot mess. Going to cost them for sure.

Might be a job for Greg Schiano

JoeChristensenVerified account ‏@JoeCStrib 10m10 minutes ago
Correction, just got word from U official clarifying that Claeys will be getting the buyout (about $500,000) not the $3.1 million.

7 #Gophers assistants who were fired will be paid in full, however. So Claeys gets buyout, assistants paid in full, per their contracts.

He will find a spot next year and bring the majority of his ex staff with him

Off to Gasparilla, then Key West, then Mardi Gras for coach

Don't be shocked if Coyle goes after Scott Frost for the Minnesota job. He interviewed him last year and wanted him at SU. Frost isn't getting the Oregon or Nebraska job anytime soon so his ears will be open.

Dino probably still feels burned by how Coyle left here so I don't think Mark has the grapefruits to even make that call. The Frost call though wouldn't shock me

Don't be shocked if Coyle goes after Scott Frost for the Minnesota job. He interviewed him last year and wanted him at SU. Frost isn't getting the Oregon or Nebraska job anytime soon so his ears will be open.

Dino probably still feels burned by how Coyle left here so I don't think Mark has the grapefruits to even make that call. The Frost call though wouldn't shock me
good point, Coyle flying out of here by the dark of night hopefully burned any bridges that might lead back to Babers.

That is the salient point.