Looks like MCW remembered he's a rookie... | Syracusefan.com

Looks like MCW remembered he's a rookie...

44PRIDE

All Conference
After a sizzling start to his rookie season, MCW's stat line has returned to earth. Still had a double/double last night against the Bucks tho...

He was 2 rebounds away from a triple double though. shot 4-8 from the field.. got to the line 6 times.

On a side note - SPENCER HAWES WHAT??

Hasn't he been injured a couple of games recently?

If not for fouling out he would have had a triple dub. My knicks doing a better job tanking than the sixers. Atlantic division standings are good for a laugh... 3-8 knicks, 3-9 nets or former celtahawknets

MCW is still having an amazing rookie season. Double-doubles are pretty impressive for a rookie.

MCW is still having an amazing rookie season. Double-doubles are pretty impressive for a rookie.

Yup. And people forget that MCW is still a developing player. He doesn't have a ton of game experience under his belt, and there is a lot of opportunity for development in his offensive game. This season is bound to have ups and downs, but by all accounts he's accorded himself well. He's going to be a good NBA player.

After a sizzling start to his rookie season, MCW's stat line has returned to earth. Still had a double/double last night against the Bucks tho...
12/11/8/5 %50FG is playing like a rookie, REALLY! You should have just said that he played great and unselfish to put his team in the position to have a chance at winning on committing his much needed 6th foul or something positive and been on your way!

12/11/8/5 while shooting 50% isn't exactly what I would call falling to earth and playing more like a rookie. Granted I didn't see the game so the stats won't tell everything, but that's a classic Jason Kidd stat line right there.

12/11/8/5 while shooting 50% isn't exactly what I would call falling to earth and playing more like a rookie. Granted I didn't see the game so the stats won't tell everything, but that's a classic Jason Kidd stat line right there.
I saw the game and he played well. He was composed and made some terrific plays last night. Definitely the leader of the team from a guard standpoint.

OGB, do you ever imagine another lanky young man playing next to MCW. :)

MCW is still having an amazing rookie season. Double-doubles are pretty impressive for any player getting paid to pay at the highest level.

Fixed that for you.

12/11/8/5 %50FG is playing like a rookie, REALLY! You should have just said that he played great and unselfish to put his team in the position to have a chance at winning on committing his much needed 6th foul or something positive and been on your way!

Yeah, I was expecting a thread last night talking about how well he was playing - he was most of the way to a triple/double in the third quarter. Must have cooled off a little, but that's a nice stat line for anyone.

During the GS/LAL game on ESPN last night, Van Gundy said he thought if Brown won more than 10 games in Philly it would be miracle; they've already won 6; they he said their PG play has been terrific and Hawes is an offensive weapon.

During the GS/LAL game on ESPN last night, Van Gundy said he thought if Brown won more than 10 games in Philly it would be miracle; they've already won 6; they he said their PG play has been terrific and Hawes is an offensive weapon.
Spencer Hawes- "The Great White Hope".

Spencer Hawes- "The Great White Hope".

That was some 3 point shot from the corner with his leg up like a layup.

MCW has been a great for Syracuse BB brand. He's doing awesome in the NBA. The positive press has been excellent and will help with recruiting.

If a double double is coming back down to earth I think that says a lot about where he has set his expectations.

Yeah, 2 boards shy from a triple double is playing like a rookie.

I'll take 5 rookies please at 16/8/6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not bashing the guy. It was a tongue in cheek comment. Lighten up Francis...

I'm not bashing the guy. It was a tongue in cheek comment. Lighten up Francis...

Huh? Watch out - you may trip from backtracking.;) Being fans, people here are just defending MCW and his excellent record as a rookie - if you're truly not bashing and you're a fan too - it shouldn't bother you. LGO Orange!

I was one who doubted his NBA potential. He is doing SO well. Definitely driver's seat for ROY. Even if Oladipo ups his scoring he still is turning it over WAY too much. He had 8 turnovers the other night!

MCW is in the sweet spot. ability and opportunity. seldom do the two meet so quickly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom