Looks like no billy e Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Looks like no billy e Saturday

goodroc

Starter
Too bad. Wonder if too much pain for him to make a showing. I would think he would be welcomed with open arms

@mark_cooperjr: Craig Forth, Josh Pace, Jeremy McNeil, Josh Brooks, Matt Gorman, Andrew Kouwe and Gary Hall plan to attend. Obviously McNamara as well.

Oh, I do wish he would come!! He would be given such a welcome.

Awesome to see McNeil back! I'll never forget the free throws and put-back against Pitt.

McNeil was one of my favorites. IIRC, he lost his mother at an early age? I remember something along those lines, but might be a bit off base here. Can someone confirm this?

McNeil was one of my favorites. IIRC, he lost his mother at an early age? I remember something along those lines, but might be a bit off base here. Can someone confirm this?
I think he lost his mom during his time at SU, actually. I think maybe shortly before our championship season? I just remember when we won the title, some people commented on how he looked unhappy during the celebration, and it came to light that he was thinking about his mom and wishing she could have been there to see it, if I recall correctly.

Jeremy was one of the first people I met as a freshman at SU. Nice guy.

He lost his mother long before he came to SU. He was raised by his grandmother. He lost his grandmother around Thanksgiving of his senior year. He literally had no family to "walk" with him on Senior Night. So the entire team walked with him. It was a very touching moment.

He lost his mother long before he came to SU. He was raised by his grandmother. He lost his grandmother around Thanksgiving of his senior year. He literally had no family to "walk" with him on Senior Night. So the entire team walked with him. It was a very touching moment.

Yes, that's right, I did know this.

I also remember that senior night. I was young at the time, but I do remember the team walking with him. Wish there was a video of it out there somewhere.

Ahh, okay, so I was remembering incorrectly. Either way, Jeremy was just a good guy, if a little odd (I remember he had a bit of an obsession with remote controlled cars). He and I met on our way out of a math placement exam like three days into our freshman year, grabbed lunch at Schine, and then after that pretty much whenever I saw him he'd either wave me over to say hi or, later, whenever he saw me out at Konrad's or wherever, he'd come over and give me the "bro hug" (you know, grip of the hand, hand to the chest, bump chests sort of thing...I'm super white, that's the best way I can describe it, sue me). I also ended up in the same philosophy class with him spring semester freshman year.

He was amazed that, the first day I met him and we were walking to Schine, that I knew who he was based on him telling me his name was Jeremy and he was from Texas. I mentioned that I was a lifelong, die hard fan, and when I saw him a couple months later he mentioned that he thought he could talk to the coaches to get me on as a manager, and I politely declined because I didn't want that time commitment. Of course looking back, I really, really wish I had taken him up on it, considering my senior year was 2002-2003, so if I had been a manager all four years I would have probably been on the bench for the championship rather than sitting in my living room on Euclid.

Man, that was a lot of rambling.

My favorite walk-on that year was Tyrone Albright. It would be great to see him, and Billy E of course.

Yeah, if I remember correctly he was on the verge of transferring during his junior year. His Grandma told him that Syracuse was the place for him and something special would happen. During his Senior year she died and I believe he missed a couple games to attend her funeral. Wouldnt you know, something special did happen, we won the National Championship!! He was always one of my favorites, always thought he should get more PT. He just happened to foul a little too much.

Yeah, if I remember correctly he was on the verge of transferring during his junior year. His Grandma told him that Syracuse was the place for him and something special would happen. During his Senior year she died and I believe he missed a couple games to attend her funeral. Wouldnt you know, something special did happen, we won the National Championship!! He was always one of my favorites, always thought he should get more PT. He just happened to foul a little too much.
2003 was his junior year. Kueth was the only senior on the team that year.

2003 was his junior year. Kueth was the only senior on the team that year.

My fault, your absolutely right. I should know better, but it's been a long day. I think i got confused over him being a 5th year senior (medical redshirt). I just found this article that gives a little insight into what I was talking about: http://dailyorange.com/2004/04/deal...remained-a-true-friend-to-those-who-knew-him/

I believe the rest of the story I got from the championship DVD. Not the Finally Orange one, but the locally made one that focused solely on SU's season rather then just the tournament.

One way to get him to come is a call fe melo. I have a feeling that relationship is not what it once was.

Ahh, okay, so I was remembering incorrectly. Either way, Jeremy was just a good guy, if a little odd (I remember he had a bit of an obsession with remote controlled cars). He and I met on our way out of a math placement exam like three days into our freshman year, grabbed lunch at Schine, and then after that pretty much whenever I saw him he'd either wave me over to say hi or, later, whenever he saw me out at Konrad's or wherever, he'd come over and give me the "bro hug" (you know, grip of the hand, hand to the chest, bump chests sort of thing...I'm super white, that's the best way I can describe it, sue me). I also ended up in the same philosophy class with him spring semester freshman year.

He was amazed that, the first day I met him and we were walking to Schine, that I knew who he was based on him telling me his name was Jeremy and he was from Texas. I mentioned that I was a lifelong, die hard fan, and when I saw him a couple months later he mentioned that he thought he could talk to the coaches to get me on as a manager, and I politely declined because I didn't want that time commitment. Of course looking back, I really, really wish I had taken him up on it, considering my senior year was 2002-2003, so if I had been a manager all four years I would have probably been on the bench for the championship rather than sitting in my living room on Euclid.

Man, that was a lot of rambling.
that's some damn good and cool rambling though bro...

McNeil was a beast protecting the basket when we would press. Don't think we've had anyone since that played that particular role any better
Which game was it where we made our big comeback in the tourney, Oklahoma St.? I remember him blocking 2 or 3 in a row when they broke our press. After that they stopped trying to even score against the press and just dribbled around to set up their halfcourt offense. One of my favorite memories of that run.

Which game was it where we made our big comeback in the tourney, Oklahoma St.? I remember him blocking 2 or 3 in a row when they broke our press. After that they stopped trying to even score against the press and just dribbled around to set up their halfcourt offense. One of my favorite memories of that run.
Yup. We were down a stuff ton of points in that game

McNeil was one of the best natural shot blockers we've had at SU. He just couldn't stay on the court long enough to get noticed, and we were spoiled after years of the best shot blocker; Etan.

Awesome to see McNeil back! I'll never forget the free throws and put-back against Pitt.

I'll never forget his defensive presence against Oklahoma State. Turned that game around when we needed it most.