Looks like Playoff Waiters is dead again. | Syracusefan.com

Looks like Playoff Waiters is dead again.

Czar

All Conference

I'm really becoming cynical that he's ever going to get out of his own way.

God forbid he opts out and overplays his hand like he did this past off season. Not taking the QO looks so bad right now, at least Donovan was willing to work with him. Spoelstra isn't that kind of coach, and expects his players to do that work on their own.

He needs to continue to trim down and get some explosion back as well, IMO. I read some article the other day where he reported to the Heat at 234 (!) and is now down to 225. He is 6'3 at best.

Why does it always seem like some "fans" love nothing more than to dump on our SU guys? Seriously, it's like they can't wait to point out every negative and emphasize the worst, even 4 games into a brand new season.
What gives w/ the miserable, whiny SOBs waiting for the minute something goes wrong to bitch, moan, and gleefully point it out? It's freakin pathetic. JMHO .

Against the Kings.
And the lowlights were against the Spurs. Arguably the best team in the league both offensively and defensively.

The Kings aren't even bad. It's not like they're the Suns or Sixers.

Why does it always seem like some "fans" love nothing more than to dump on our SU guys? Seriously, it's like they can't wait to point out every negative and emphasize the worst, even 4 games into a brand new season.
What gives w/ the miserable, whiny SOBs waiting for the minute something goes wrong to bitch, moan, and gleefully point it out? It's freakin pathetic. JMHO .

1) I'd love if Dion put it together. I'd rather he stay in the league for a decade. Also, this guy makes low light videos for EVERYONE. Even Lebron.

2) Dion highlights set to Celine Dion are the best

Playoff Waiters wasn't even good. He had one good series. That being said, it looks like he played decent last night.

I don't think people want to see SU guys do poorly. I think people get upset with former SU guys when they don't do the things necessary to put themselves in a position to be as successful as we think they could be ie. come in in shape, work hard on defense, be a good team player etc., etc.

I still think many of the people hyping him this summer were way off.

But let's give Dion some due for a very nice game tonight. Yes, his prior game before was boneheaded, but no point over analyzing every game early in the season to write him off.

I'm going to wait 20 games to see how his play is overall before passing any judgment on his new situation.

DoctorBombay said:
Why does it always seem like some "fans" love nothing more than to dump on our SU guys? Seriously, it's like they can't wait to point out every negative and emphasize the worst, even 4 games into a brand new season. What gives w/ the miserable, whiny SOBs waiting for the minute something goes wrong to bitch, moan, and gleefully point it out? It's freakin pathetic. JMHO .

It seems like our society gets pleasure in dissecting anything and everything about someone or something. People have forgotten how to sit back and enjoy things. Sure, we all get frustrated and fired up over things but come on, this isn't one of them! BTW, I thought Dion was playing well when I was watching yesterday! He does a great job of penetrating and finding open teammate.

God forbid he opts out and overplays his hand like he did this past off season. Not taking the QO looks so bad right now, at least Donovan was willing to work with him. Spoelstra isn't that kind of coach, and expects his players to do that work on their own.

That was just brutal to watch. It's funny, but that first time they called him for a travel, I thought it was a legitimate move, but he traveled about 5 other times that they didn't call it. I feel bad for Dion, but his body language is just terrible out there. His career looks about over to me.

I don't get this thread. Anybody could find a bad game by any player and make a video like that.
Exactly. It's the hate that I don't get, especially when it comes from SU fans who again, can't wait to breathlessly & gleefully highlight it on this forum.
Look, I get it. Some of our guys haven't lit the world on fire after they leave SU, but I challenge anyone to visit another board and find as much cynicism and negativity being expressed towards their own players, as you'll find here. It's bizarre and telling how much self-hatred is reflected in something like that.
I wear orange-tinted glasses as much as the next SU fan, but the emphasis on negativity is so very tired. JMHO

Exactly. It's the hate that I don't get, especially when it comes from SU fans who again, can't wait to breathlessly & gleefully highlight it on this forum.
Look, I get it. Some of our guys haven't lit the world on fire after they leave SU, but I challenge anyone to visit another board and find as much cynicism and negativity being expressed towards their own players, as you'll find here. It's bizarre and telling how much self-hatred is reflected in something like that.
I wear orange-tinted glasses as much as the next SU fan, but the emphasis on negativity is so very tired. JMHO

Just like any other Dion thread there isn't any hate. There wasn't then and there isn't now. What was more offensive was the poster who claimed Dion was better than Irving. I think that poster needed to be straightened out, obviously. Nobody wants to see him do poorly but nobody also wants to see the constant poor demeanor out there which is fact. I'm hoping he has a great season.

I don't think its cynicism or negativity towards our own players for the most part. I do think that some are too optomistic in what they see in some of our own -- to be a realist is not cynical.

In the end I think it's just COMPETITIVENESS, that occurs on most sports message boards. We spend a lot of time on the boards. The boards at times become very heated over specific items, and one of those is often "realistic" or "cynic". So then we argue -- it becomes very competitive. Winning the argument takes on a life of its own, and becomes more important than Dion himself.

When he does well or does poorly, the follow up "I told you so" are the board version of a bat flip after a home run. It's not hatred for Dion per se.

EDIT - The "Bat Flip" comment is not meant to be a shot at the OP. I know I am certainly guilty of it many times as many others are as well.

Last edited:
I don't think there's really a lot of Dion hate, it's just that, well, the general perception of Dion around the NBA is VASTLY different than the average perception of him on this board.

I root for SU guys to do well in the NBA because even if there aren't huge benefits to it, it can't hurt. But that doesn't mean I'll think a guy is playing well when he's not because of where he went to school.

Just like any other Dion thread there isn't any hate. There wasn't then and there isn't now. What was more offensive was the poster who claimed Dion was better than Irving. I think that poster needed to be straightened out, obviously. Nobody wants to see him do poorly but nobody also wants to see the constant poor demeanor out there which is fact. I'm hoping he has a great season.

Preach!

I don't think it's "hating" on our guy, I think Dion is like a Manny Being Manny type thing. I love the guy, wish we had him for a couple of more years. One of my Syracuse all time favorites.

He had 20 points on 7-14 shooting, 4 reb., and 4 assists last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom