Louisville Attendance | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Attendance

I am not seeing a big bump in ticket sales since Monday. Maybe the Ticketmaster map will look better at 5:00 p.m. after the box office closes.

Checked the $20 tickets and they are available in the same section as last night which is not a good sign.

I have a bad feeling that we are not going to draw more than 35,000 which is unbelievable for the #13 ranked team.
tickets are have sold in the 200 level and some end zone, If you dont see some of the upper levels turn to light blue in the next 36 hours it could be below 35 as you said.

tickets are have sold in the 200 level and some end zone, If you dont see some of the upper levels turn to light blue in the next 36 hours it could be below 35 as you said.
I guess I was crazy thinking that people in CNY would finally come out and support the football program on Friday night. I have heard very excuse in the world for not buying football tickets for the last 10 years (Shaw said get a life, Gross moved the games to the Meadowlands, it’s to hot in the dome, etc.) so what is the excuse now for not buying a $20 ticket to support a team that is undefeated at home and ranked #13 in the country.

What I do not understand is locals or people within an hour staying home with no plans and watching on TV when we have something magical going on. Hell its a radical plan and would never happen but it makes you wonder if the old NFL blackouts would work.

You don't seem to understand that the fan base is getting older, a lot older. The lack of parking, the walking up the Hill (yes, I know how lame that sounds), and then the general blah atmosphere in the Dome except for a handful of times per year is why the attendance keeps declining.

Blackouts aren't going to help a 60+ year old walk up that hill, and then walk up about 144 steps without a hand rail to get to their seats in the upper tier. They should have benches and oxygen tanks halfway up the upper tier.

And even on those "good" game days when the Dome is jumping, you can't walk through the hallways and can't get into a bathroom. I drink less beer than I used to at games because I had seats near the top of the Dome and just don't want to make the walk down and back at halftime to take a leak.

P.S. - I am going to the game on Friday to thank the seniors and show support for the program. But I did get seats in the lower level.

You don't seem to understand that the fan base is getting older, a lot older. The lack of parking, the walking up the Hill (yes, I know how lame that sounds), and then the general blah atmosphere in the Dome except for a handful of times per year is why the attendance keeps declining.

Blackouts aren't going to help a 60+ year old walk up that hill, and then walk up about 144 steps without a hand rail to get to their seats in the upper tier. They should have benches and oxygen tanks halfway up the upper tier.

And even on those "good" game days when the Dome is jumping, you can't walk through the hallways and can't get into a bathroom. I drink less beer than I used to at games because I had seats near the top of the Dome and just don't want to make the walk down and back at halftime to take a leak.

P.S. - I am going to the game on Friday to thank the seniors and show support for the program. But I did get seats in the lower level.

I agree thanks to GRob, Shafer, etc we have lost an entire generation of fans. My 19 year old nephew could care less about SU football biggest the program was awful when throughout his childhood but he loves SU hoops.

The university needs to make a major change to ticket pricing for the fans 18 and under. They need to offer $10 individual game tickets and $60 youth season tickets to make it affordable for families to attend a game and get the younget generation interested in the football program.

Maybe this board can put together some ideas to improve season ticket and game day ticket sales which the moderators can be forward to John Wildhack.

I agree thanks to GRob, Shafer, etc we have lost an entire generation of fans. My 19 year old nephew could care less about SU football biggest the program was awful when throughout his childhood but he loves SU hoops.

The university needs to make a major change to ticket pricing for the fans 18 and under. They need to offer $10 individual game tickets and $60 youth season tickets to make it affordable for families to attend a game and get the younget generation interested in the football program.

Maybe this board can put together some ideas to improve season ticket and game day ticket sales which the moderators can be forward to John Wildhack.

One thing they can do is cut back on the amount of seating for which a donation is necessary. You have too much supply and too little demand, making for terrible optics every single time we are on TV. Shrink the preferred seating, and make more single game tickets affordable.

How much are they losing in concessions by having 10,000 less customers every game, to protect the donation crowd's (mostly unused) seating?

I think you're on to something with the youth season tickets. Half price when purchased with an adult ticket? Seems to make a ton of sense.

Can anyone confirm, I was told that they doubled the price to $20 for the student tickets for this game. IS that correct?

I really wish my wife and I could drive out there Friday afternoon. We have, unfortunately, had to make a choice, due to a family emergency, to remain home. But more to the point: my thanks to all of you who are going to be there to honor the seniors and this team as they go for win #8. Make the Loud House shake.

Can anyone confirm, I was told that they doubled the price to $20 for the student tickets for this game. IS that correct?

It’s been $20 since after the first couple games when they were $5.

One thing they can do is cut back on the amount of seating for which a donation is necessary. You have too much supply and too little demand, making for terrible optics every single time we are on TV. Shrink the preferred seating, and make more single game tickets affordable.

How much are they losing in concessions by having 10,000 less customers every game, to protect the donation crowd's (mostly unused) seating?

They did reduce the donation required seating this season.

They did reduce the donation required seating this season.

What I mean is that there needs to be a smaller donation area, overall. The amount of the donation isn't really the point. The point is that people are avoiding those seats to avoid paying a surcharge, and way too many of them are going unsold and/or unoccupied. Shrink the section, not necessarily the donation amount.

What I mean is that there needs to be a smaller donation area, overall. The amount of the donation isn't really the point. The point is that people are avoiding those seats to avoid paying a surcharge, and way too many of them are going unsold and/or unoccupied. Shrink the section, not necessarily the donation amount.

Sorry, I think I misread your reply. You're saying they did shrink the area, too. My bad.

That’s what I said. The amount of seating that requires a donation was reduced.

This is not an excuse. These same people will come to a basketball game in lake effect weather. If you don't want to go, just say you don't want to go.

This is not an excuse. These same people will come to a basketball game in lake effect weather. If you don't want to go, just say you don't want to go.

In case you haven't noticed, basketball is trending down, too. It has dropped for 8 years in a row and only averaged 21,000 last year.

i think it's important to target the under 21 crowd. That is the demographic where we need to make up the most ground. For as long as they can remember Syracuse football has been a laughing stock other then a couple years under Marrone. They have never seen a consistently good football program and it shows in the age demographic of our fans. If I was in marketing up there i would aggressively target that group with any sort of discount/specials to get them engaged.

i think it's important to target the under 21 crowd. That is the demographic where we need to make up the most ground. For as long as they can remember Syracuse football has been a laughing stock other then a couple years under Marrone. They have never seen a consistently good football program and it shows in the age demographic of our fans. If I was in marketing up there i would aggressively target that group with any sort of discount/specials to get them engaged.
If it was only so easy to target the 18-24 crowd... Every single sports organization is trying to figure this out right now.

There are alternate parking options if walking uphill is a problem. Park at Manley or Skytop and take the shuttle and walk across the flat earth that is the Quad. I'm kind of tired of the complaint of the uphill walk because it's not required.

All about price point. Of tickets aren’t moving it’s because people don’t see the value.

The $20 tickets are great but they are only offered to season ticket holders and it’s up to us to try to move them

The $10 promo was great, sold tickets got people in there.

Once again the $110 tickets in the 300’s are KILLING them. I’m a HUGE CUSE fan but I’m not sure I would spend that much for where those tickets are. Like I’ve said in the past, those tickets are some of the highest priced face value tickets in the country for where those seats are. That needs to change. Those tickets should be about $75.

There are alternate parking options if walking uphill is a problem. Park at Manley or Skytop and take the shuttle and walk across the flat earth that is the Quad. I'm kind of tired of the complaint of the uphill walk because it's not required.

Whenever I have done that, I've missed the start of the game, because the closer you get to game time, the slower the traffic on Colvin. It's only 1 lane in each direction. If it was 2 lanes in each direction, that would make it a lot better.

I'm going to give the Shaughnessy's shuttle a shot on Friday. In the past, I've never even been able to find the supposed shuttles that ran from various places in Armory Square on a game night.

Reactions: FAL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom