Louisville Attendance | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Attendance

All about price point. Of tickets aren’t moving it’s because people don’t see the value.

The $20 tickets are great but they are only offered to season ticket holders and it’s up to us to try to move them

The $10 promo was great, sold tickets got people in there.

Once again the $110 tickets in the 300’s are KILLING them. I’m a HUGE CUSE fan but I’m not sure I would spend that much for where those tickets are. Like I’ve said in the past, those tickets are some of the highest priced face value tickets in the country for where those seats are. That needs to change. Those tickets should be about $75.

And how about $60 tickets for nosebleeds for basketball games? One time I brought my daughter and 4 friends to see a quality ACC opponent on her birthday, and I damn near fainted at the price, plus the cost of dinner for them all.

Then we couldn't find the damn shuttle from Armory Square and wound up driving up there at the last minute after having paid for parking downtown, and then spending another $20 on parking up on Crouse, and STILL having to walk up the damn hill.

That was a $500+ weeknight to see a basketball game.

And how about $60 tickets for nosebleeds for basketball games? One time I brought my daughter and 4 friends to see a quality ACC opponent on her birthday, and I damn near fainted at the price, plus the cost of dinner for them all.

Then we couldn't find the damn shuttle from Armory Square and wound up driving up there at the last minute after having paid for parking downtown, and then spending another $20 on parking up on Crouse, and STILL having to walk up the damn hill.

That was a $500+ weeknight to see a basketball game.

I refuse to go to basketball games. Terrible prices for terrible seats.

I agree thanks to GRob, Shafer, etc we have lost an entire generation of fans. My 19 year old nephew could care less about SU football biggest the program was awful when throughout his childhood but he loves SU hoops.

The university needs to make a major change to ticket pricing for the fans 18 and under. They need to offer $10 individual game tickets and $60 youth season tickets to make it affordable for families to attend a game and get the younget generation interested in the football program.

Maybe this board can put together some ideas to improve season ticket and game day ticket sales which the moderators can be forward to John Wildhack.

Its simple and we don't need a formal committee to realize what's needed. the ticket prices are way to high. not seasons which, even after the donation, the season tickets are $600-800. great seats and you know what you are getting up front . no complaints . That said , look at what the secondary market and even the dome BO tickets are going for . as a season tix holder, yes, pay roughly $100/game and that's ok given they are great seats and come understandably with the donation.

Then, we get to the individual game pricing asking for >$100 for 200 and 300 level seat which is just not an option for most lookimg for single game seats. then, 3rd party outfits get the tix and its a disaster.

I refuse to go to basketball games. Terrible prices for terrible seats.

The only way basketball makes sense is to buy season tickets. Single game ticket pricing is awful. It's a disincentive to go to games. If you don't believe, or want to say "well, it costs a lot more than that to see a pro game", yes, it does. But it's also not surprising that our attendance in basketball has dropped every year for almost a decade. We haven't won the attendance title in 10 of the last 12 seasons. We used to win it every single year, and not just when Derrick Coleman and Pearl Washington were playing on the Hill.

we won before other places built new shiny stadiums and got real good too.

It has to be a Syracuse thing so many dame errors. Syracuse.com has a note about the Bills/Pats game tonight. First the link/quick blurb says the game is at 1. Then when you read the story it says the game is at NRG (or whatever the Texans stadium is named) field in Houston. Christ does anyone proof read this crap.

Freaking dames. What is this a 40s musical?

Freaking dames. What is this a 40s musical?
1541637836525.jpeg

Any ticket movement today? What’s the prognosis
id say some progress in the endzones and upper deck though little to none in the 2 sections in lower bowl which has serious inventory still

Its simple and we don't need a formal committee to realize what's needed. the ticket prices are way to high. not seasons which, even after the donation, the season tickets are $600-800. great seats and you know what you are getting up front . no complaints . That said , look at what the secondary market and even the dome BO tickets are going for . as a season tix holder, yes, pay roughly $100/game and that's ok given they are great seats and come understandably with the donation.

Then, we get to the individual game pricing asking for >$100 for 200 and 300 level seat which is just not an option for most lookimg for single game seats. then, 3rd party outfits get the tix and its a disaster.

The answer is always "drop the ticket price" or "give tickets away".

And then you actually do that and now your budget number isn't getting hit because it's still the same 35,000 people showing up, they're just spending less money to do so.

you could reverse price it if you created an account and came last week you got some drop this week?

if we were getting 35K consistently there it would be a good thing. we can get to 40K just not sure how muc more it can go game after game.

its like bball where 15K show up the first 15 games and 25-35K for 4-5 games that matter. problem is football we cant get those 5k to come no matter what now..

All about price point. Of tickets aren’t moving it’s because people don’t see the value.

The $20 tickets are great but they are only offered to season ticket holders and it’s up to us to try to move them

The $10 promo was great, sold tickets got people in there.

Once again the $110 tickets in the 300’s are KILLING them. I’m a HUGE CUSE fan but I’m not sure I would spend that much for where those tickets are. Like I’ve said in the past, those tickets are some of the highest priced face value tickets in the country for where those seats are. That needs to change. Those tickets should be about $75.

I think the $110 tickets is something we should all complain to AD Wildhack about because it is crazy how many unsold seats there are between the 40’s.

Any ticket movement today? What’s the prognosis

The 100 level is sold out except for the $110 tickets at the 50 yard line.

The 200 level should sell out tomorrow since there are only a couple of hundred tickets left.

As for the 300 level the $20 tickets are now being sold in Section 336 / Row V which is a good sign but there are a ton of tickets available from the goal line to the 35 yard line on both sides of the stadium. The 300 level end zones also have a lot of seats available.

Let’s hope tomorrow is a big day at the box office and there is a big walk up crowd on Friday with the Fastrac vouchers and veterans/military.

Hoping we can hit 40,000 but there is a lot of work to do.

Whenever I have done that, I've missed the start of the game, because the closer you get to game time, the slower the traffic on Colvin. It's only 1 lane in each direction. If it was 2 lanes in each direction, that would make it a lot better.

I'm going to give the Shaughnessy's shuttle a shot on Friday. In the past, I've never even been able to find the supposed shuttles that ran from various places in Armory Square on a game night.
I always go in the back way, Jamesville Rd. Saves a lot of time.

The answer is always "drop the ticket price" or "give tickets away".

And then you actually do that and now your budget number isn't getting hit because it's still the same 35,000 people showing up, they're just spending less money to do so.

Good point and I get it. Problem is, those upstairs prices shouldn't be real and actually budgeted in and counted on from an accounting perspective. volume can always make up for individual pricing. the 3rd party scavengers can ask for big $$$ but their price is gonna be based off our face value. if FV is north of $40 for 200 and 300 level tix, that's the origin of the problem.

Looking at Ticketmaster it looks like there has been a lot of tickets sold since Monday. My question is what's going on in section 116? A bunch of of seats bunched together still available. Usually those are gone? If tickets continue go to like they did from Monday - Wednesday from here until Friday, plus the walk-up, that should get us to 40k no problem.

volume can always make up for individual pricing.
Sorry, this is unbelievably off base. Attendance has gone up this season. Over the next few years, with the Dome renovation and with a football team poised to be in and around the top 25, you can reasonably expect attendance to continue to rise. Dropping prices means raising prices as demand goes up.

It's a shortsighted overreaction to one game. Not to mention they've had two weeks to sell the "ranked team" thing. When you have a full offseason, things get a lot better.

Syracuse has 40% higher revenue selling 35,000 tickets at $40 than 50,000 tickets at $20.

Sorry, this is unbelievably off base. Attendance has gone up this season. Over the next few years, with the Dome renovation and with a football team poised to be in and around the top 25, you can reasonably expect attendance to continue to rise. Dropping prices means raising prices as demand goes up.

It's a shortsighted overreaction to one game. Not to mention they've had two weeks to sell the "ranked team" thing. When you have a full offseason, things get a lot better.

Syracuse has 40% higher revenue selling 35,000 tickets at $40 than 50,000 tickets at $20.

Ok, you know better than I. Good chat but wish we weren't having this discussion. :)

Ok, you know better than I. Good chat but wish we weren't having this discussion. :)

Rome wasn't built in a day, and the Dome won't be filled in a day. Providing a great game day experience with a good product on the field is what we've been doing since Wildhack took over. That's how you turn single game buyers into flex plan holders into season ticket holders. It's a process.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and the Dome won't be filled in a day. Providing a great game day experience with a good product on the field is what we've been doing since Wildhack took over. That's how you turn single game buyers into flex plan holders into season ticket holders. It's a process.
The real opportunity is the first season after the first renovation. If you give the lookie loos get a good product to view...they’ll come back.

Last edited:
we won before other places built new shiny stadiums and got real good too.

If that's all there was to it, then why is OUR attendance going down?
It's not about what is in Cincinnati or Phoenix. It's what we have here in Syracuse.
The hoops teams have been good for half a century. That's unheard of.
Football finally seems like it might be back.

People aren't going to come back the first time we have a winning record when the experience is so crappy. I'm sorry but going to the Dome sucks. Most of the food is awful. There's little place to park, and you can't get to the bathrooms at halftime. Buffalo, Rochester and Albany all have better venues.

I think the $110 tickets is something we should all complain to AD Wildhack about because it is crazy how many unsold seats there are between the 40’s.

I love it. It makes it very easy to buy cheap tickets and then slide into these seats at kickoff.

I'm sorry but going to the Dome sucks. Most of the food is awful. There's little place to park, and you can't get to the bathrooms at halftime. Buffalo, Rochester and Albany all have better venues.

I used to downplay this stuff, but you’re right. I went to one of the exhibition games hungry and in a rush to get there as I had no time to eat before. Walked the concourses at halftime and came up empty. There’s nothing there that I had any interest in eating.

I’ve been to enough games that I never have any trouble finding a parking spot, but I can see where less experienced Dome visitors would find that a big problem. It’s not real easy. Not much you can do about that though.

The concourses suck. Bathrooms themselves are so efficient though. Love the troughs.