Louisville Attendance | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Attendance

People in Europe also piss in the street and kill each other over Soccer games. I think I'll stick with some salty corn chips and processed cheese.
Not to rain on your parade but Soccer violence in Europe is drastically reduced post Hillsborough. Just doesn't happen that much anymore. You occasionally have crowds get out of hand but the brawling and mob violence has been stopped for the most part.

I guess we will have to wait until kickoff to see how many fans show up since Ticketmaster is playing games with the map.

This morning the 300 level had thousands of seats available now several 300 level sections on the sidelines only have 2 to 5 rows available and two sections appear to be completely sold out. That includes only having twenty of the $110 seats on the visitors side of the field available.

I assume the box office wants to make it look like the game is almost sold out but I actually don’t think restricting the actual seats available influences anyones decision to attend a game.

If that’s not the case then the university has decided to distribute free tickets to their sponsors and local businesses in hopes of filling the dome.

Getting back to the issue of attendance, the student government association bought an extra 1,000 tickets for Friday's game, and are giving them out to students in front of Schine. The students are gobbling them up. Great job student government association!!!! Here comes 1,000 more to the dome if they all show up.
I have a feeling SU has a couple more tricks up there sleeve before tomorrow night.

I guess we will have to wait until kickoff to see how many fans show up since Ticketmaster is playing games with the map.

This morning the 300 level had thousands of seats available now several 300 level sections on the sidelines only have 2 to 5 rows available and two sections appear to be completely sold out.

I assume the box office wants to make it look like the game is almost sold out but I actually don’t think restricting the actual seats available influences anyones decision to attend a game.

If that’s not the case then the university has decided to distribute free tickets to their sponsors and local businesses in hopes of filling the dome.
I
I think upper 320 is where the military tickets are so that could explain some of the possible change.

Upper 320 has been used for military in the past

Hopefully the 1000 extra student tickets will have a decent show rate. Student attendance is up this year...hopefully we can get back to the days of counting on 4-5k students.

from my experience you can leave 20min before kickoff and make it and its not the bus ride thats the issue its how many others are arriving late and thats no different than any other venue.

dome food is fine if you are not expecting 20 things to eat. i do wonder why they dont have burgers instead of only dogs/hot suasages but that will be fixed in 2 yrs.

on cold days woulnt mind some soup/chili type thing

but food for kids seems to be a plenty.

A burger and a chicken sandwich doesn’t seem like it should be too difficult to add to the menu.

Thats enough sold to not look bad on TV and be loud. Couple thousand away from same crowd as NC St.

My theory is that NYC alums aren’t dealing w/ logistics of a Friday night game, knowing that the team will be 8-2 in NYC playing ND next weekend.

Out of town alums can’t go because they’ve already allocated vacation, and they can’t change that on a dime to fly into SU. And no sane person would have picked this game to come to before the season, given the Friday night time and how the last 2 seasons went (and how much better UL was supposed to be).

Locals should be at the game, but the program has spent 20 years burning them, so getting them to trust the program again will take time.

Students should show up, but we don’t have 50k students, and very few of these kids signed up to go to SU because of the football team. The same will not be true of next year’s freshman class.

My guess is that’s why attendance is a battle.

The good news, though, is that it will self correct. Being good = fewer Friday night games next year (which will help alumni attendance), being good = more local trust and more self-selection by students. Also, the ND thing is a one off event.

So seriously, not being snarky, how long before gametime do you leave? An hour from Manley? Is it 1:15 or 1:20 before the start of a game from Skytop?

Maybe I am just leaving it until too late. I don't mind the walk from Comstock if I don't have to park so far away nearly as much as walking up the hill from Marshall St. or from the old train drop point.
The shuttle bus doesn't go on Colvin, it crosses it and goes through the parking lots at Manley. It's a five minute ride to college place. 20 minutes to be safe, but I've done it in 15 if the crowd isn't great.

This thread needs a reset.

If we get 40k Friday, our average home game attendance will have jumped 7.8% over last year.

It’ll be 3 straight years of increases.
It’s up 14% since Shafer’s last year.
It bucks the national trend of dwindling crowds.
All great points to make with a head coach worried about attendance.
I've mentioned this before, but most times, in sports, there is a year-long drag on attendance for teams that have good seasons or have reasons to be optimistic. And since a precious few SU faithful envisioned we'd be 7-2/8-2 and ranked #13 right now, I think this merits mention.

For instance, ... in a somewhat similar scenario to ours, the Miami Hurricanes reached 10-0 last season. Their fans were elated, high on life. They went into this season with a top 10-12 ranking and things have gone a bit sideways (they have QB issues), but their attendance is decidedly up.

So, I ran some basic numbers:
  • Miami averaged 56,263 fans in 2017 (4th in ACC)
  • Miami is averaging 61,842 fans in 2018 (only one crowd sub 60K: 59,814 for FIU)
So, their attendance is up almost exactly 10% from last season's terrific campaign.

I am going to guess that we will see some similar gains next year at the Dome.

One positive schedule note: we appear to have a worthy/healthy QB to be excited about (Miami didn't). Big plus for season ticket totals.

We also don't have the most attractive home slate next fall (WMU, Holy Cross, Wake, Pitt, Clemson, BC). Far from awesome, but to be fair, ... not terrible either.

I dont think miami is going people in the seats though from people i know that go and have season tickets down there.

you can get to manley 30 min before a game, park get on a bus, ride over, walk the quad, go in and get food and not miss a kickoff 90% of the time. i think entry with the new rules is much faster too

I think that our best moves are to give some tickets to Fort Drum, and to give some to non-profits that help give guidance to urban youths. Big time athletics are fantastic at building community pride, and I’d rather show some kid that Syracuse is more than a beat up, rust belt city. It has been, is, and will continue to be something of which they can take pride in being a part. Best case scenario, some young kids turn into life long SU fans which having their world outlook changed. Worst case scenario, some kids in need get a 4 hour break from life’s hardships.

SU should also aggressively market throughout New York State. We have a quality product, and t-shirt fans can make a difference, even if they can’t attend many games.

Also, we should give some extra tickets to local high schools tomorrow. Maybe that will be a difference maker to get some incremental bright minds to choose SU in the spring.

The shuttle bus doesn't go on Colvin, it crosses it and goes through the parking lots at Manley. It's a five minute ride to college place. 20 minutes to be safe, but I've done it in 15 if the crowd isn't great.
Just as quick to tailgate at Manley and walk through cemetary.

I've mentioned this before, but most times, in sports, there is a year-long drag on attendance for teams that have good seasons or have reasons to be optimistic. And since a precious few SU faithful envisioned we'd be 7-2/8-2 and ranked #13 right now, I think this merits mention.

For instance, ... in a somewhat similar scenario to ours, the Miami Hurricanes reached 10-0 last season. Their fans were elated, high on life. They went into this season with a top 10-12 ranking and things have gone a bit sideways (they have QB issues), but their attendance is decidedly up.

So, I ran some basic numbers:
  • Miami averaged 56,263 fans in 2017 (4th in ACC)
  • Miami is averaging 61,842 fans in 2018 (only one crowd sub 60K: 59,814 for FIU)
So, their attendance is up almost exactly 10% from last season's terrific campaign.

I am going to guess that we will see some similar gains next year at the Dome.

One positive schedule note: we appear to have a worthy/healthy QB to be excited about (Miami didn't). Big plus for season ticket totals.

We also don't have the most attractive home slate next fall (WMU, Holy Cross, Wake, Pitt, Clemson, BC). Far from awesome, but to be fair, ... not terrible either.
Miami must be using the “Pull a Random Number out of a hat” counting for attendance. Considering Hard Rock Stadium has a capacity of 65,326, there is no way they are averaging that high. If that’s the case, Cuse might as well say that Friday night is a sellout.