Louisville Attendance | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Attendance

I bought 4 tix in 212 row b and c for the UNC game for $35 each from the Dome box office. I didn't see any for more than that in 200 level.

That's a very good deal.

I guess we will have to wait until kickoff to see how many fans show up since Ticketmaster is playing games with the map.

This morning the 300 level had thousands of seats available now several 300 level sections on the sidelines only have 2 to 5 rows available and two sections appear to be completely sold out. That includes only having twenty of the $110 seats on the visitors side of the field available.

I assume the box office wants to make it look like the game is almost sold out but I actually don’t think restricting the actual seats available influences anyones decision to attend a game.

If that’s not the case then the university has decided to distribute free tickets to their sponsors and local businesses in hopes of filling the dome.

Well that's very good news! I'd love to see a good crowd for Dungey's final game.

The good news, though, is that it will self correct. Being good = fewer Friday night games next year (which will help alumni attendance), being good = more local trust and more self-selection by students. Also, the ND thing is a one off event.

Great post. I think if we can shock the world against Notre Dame (again!!!), that is going to be as big a marker for this program as beating Clemson last year, and beating Virginia Tech the year before.

Beating Notre Dame gets us into a Top 10 ranking and one of the New Years Bowls.

If we can do that, I think we will have attendance gains to get us consistently over 40,000 next year.

The shuttle bus doesn't go on Colvin, it crosses it and goes through the parking lots at Manley. It's a five minute ride to college place. 20 minutes to be safe, but I've done it in 15 if the crowd isn't great.

Wow, that's great! I did Skytop a couple times because the Manley lot was full, and it took forever. Literally an hour, if not a little more, and I missed the first 5 minutes of a game.

Very curious about the Shaughnessy shuttle.. please give us an update sometime after the game.

Absolutely. Seems like a great idea/experience.

The problem is the lack of space for grills and no way to put an exhaust fan in the stand due to the air pressure. All these problems will be solved with a new roof system and upgrades to the concession stands.

That's something I never knew. Good info. Thank you.

From sources...40K is looking about right for Friday.

SU's marketing did a nice job and the fans responded. Time for everyone to make a last push to get some old and new fans back to the Dome. We really need to try to get to 42K...the stadium just seems sound and look much better at 42k+

Best deal if you are bringing 3-4 people
Orange 4 Pack - Fastrac

Dino, staff and players did their part...now it is our time to do our part.

Last edited:
The thing that makes it sorta crazy, is that literally thousands of parking spaces that were available 20 years ago for Dome parking are now gone!

They have not done enough to address this for fans. The parking and traffic problems that we used to see for sellouts, are now common for 30k games.

No idea what would happen if they actually sold the place out on a crappy weather day when everyone tried to get to the dome at once.

It would be chaos.

So, their attendance is up almost exactly 10% from last season's terrific campaign.

I am going to guess that we will see some similar gains next year at the Dome.

One positive schedule note: we appear to have a worthy/healthy QB to be excited about (Miami didn't). Big plus for season ticket totals.

We also don't have the most attractive home slate next fall (WMU, Holy Cross, Wake, Pitt, Clemson, BC). Far from awesome, but to be fair, ... not terrible either.

Yes, we have a very favorable schedule. While the lineup might not thrill everyone, it's still Pitt and BC, two old rivals from the Big East and before, Clemson is Clemson and Wake is not bad. It would be nice to go 5-1 at home next year. Going unbeaten at home this year (knock wood about tomorrow's game against Louisville) is amazing. If we can follow that up with a 5-1 home record.

You look at the road schedule and you see LIberty (W), then you've got Duke, Florida State, Louisville and NC State.

Florida State will either be rebounding under Willie Taggart, or they may still tank and Taggart gets fired. Their athletes at home make this a tough game. If we get up early, we could win.

Duke has won a lot more games than they used these past few years. They were great in 2013-2014, but then they started coming back down to earth. They have been to more bowls than us recently, but they are wildly inconsistent right now. On the road, I would call this one a toss up, too. This year, they beat Miami and Georgia Tech on the road. They lost a high scoring game to Pitt, just like us, but they lost to Virginia and Virginia Tech. Toss up game, leaning our way a bit.

Louisville has collapsed this year, and it's really puzzling to me. Bobby Petrino has lost that team and probably gets fired. They, too, have some great athletes. If they make the right hire, they could bounce back quickly. If they make the wrong hire and someone wants to tear things down and start over, then we could be looking at an awful Lousville again next year. They still scare me because of their athletes, but this is one I think we should win.

That leaves NC State on the road. They have been our nemesis, and even though we finally beat them this year, we are still 2-10 against them, playing them on the road. I think this one is probably a loss.

So if you tally it all up, we should go 5-1 or maybe 4-2 at home (if we split with BC and Pitt).
On the road, I see wins at Liberty and Louisville.
I see a loss at NC State, and I see toss ups with Duke and Florida State.

So, realistically, I see 8 wins from that schedule, maybe 9, and that would be another pretty good bowl, back to back.

Nothing for a football game. Who can eat after the fine mess tailgate? But for b-ball I almost always have a hot dog and a coney. With relish and mustard.
Thankfully you didn't say Ketchup

Exactly. Thank you. Not to mention an alright beer selection. Hell they even have rum and coke in a can along with other random mixed choices.

I seldom get to sit downstairs in the high roller seats. That is where the best concessions are, no question. They need to be that good in the whole Dome.

The thing that makes it sorta crazy, is that literally thousands of parking spaces that were available 20 years ago for Dome parking are now gone!

They have not done enough to address this for fans. The parking and traffic problems that we used to see for sellouts, are now common for 30k games.

No idea what would happen if they actually sold the place out on a crappy weather day when everyone tried to get to the dome at once.

It would be chaos.

Cops trying to direct traffic after the game make it much, much worse. People can get out of the Dome easier if there were no cops, and we just all followed the traffic lights.

I refuse to recognize the legitimacy of any self-proclaimed group of experts on the subject who don’t (or can’t) differentiate between hotdogs and chili dogs.

Also, relish, like all pickle-based products is a disgusting and heretical abomination of perfectly good cucumbers. It belongs in dark corners of this world, like Storrs and Happy Valley, and nowhere else.
you forgot Washington DC (GT)

Cops trying to direct traffic after the game make it much, much worse. People can get out of the Dome easier if there were no cops, and we just all followed the traffic lights.

Ditto. In the days of no cops directing traffic and no roads blocked and parking allowed on one side of all the streets, it was a lot easier to get out.

Yes, we have a very favorable schedule. While the lineup might not thrill everyone, it's still Pitt and BC, two old rivals from the Big East and before, Clemson is Clemson and Wake is not bad. It would be nice to go 5-1 at home next year. Going unbeaten at home this year (knock wood about tomorrow's game against Louisville) is amazing. If we can follow that up with a 5-1 home record.

You look at the road schedule and you see LIberty (W), then you've got Duke, Florida State, Louisville and NC State.

Florida State will either be rebounding under Willie Taggart, or they may still tank and Taggart gets fired. Their athletes at home make this a tough game. If we get up early, we could win.

Duke has won a lot more games than they used these past few years. They were great in 2013-2014, but then they started coming back down to earth. They have been to more bowls than us recently, but they are wildly inconsistent right now. On the road, I would call this one a toss up, too. This year, they beat Miami and Georgia Tech on the road. They lost a high scoring game to Pitt, just like us, but they lost to Virginia and Virginia Tech. Toss up game, leaning our way a bit.

Louisville has collapsed this year, and it's really puzzling to me. Bobby Petrino has lost that team and probably gets fired. They, too, have some great athletes. If they make the right hire, they could bounce back quickly. If they make the wrong hire and someone wants to tear things down and start over, then we could be looking at an awful Lousville again next year. They still scare me because of their athletes, but this is one I think we should win.

That leaves NC State on the road. They have been our nemesis, and even though we finally beat them this year, we are still 2-10 against them, playing them on the road. I think this one is probably a loss.

So if you tally it all up, we should go 5-1 or maybe 4-2 at home (if we split with BC and Pitt).
On the road, I see wins at Liberty and Louisville.
I see a loss at NC State, and I see toss ups with Duke and Florida State.

So, realistically, I see 8 wins from that schedule, maybe 9, and that would be another pretty good bowl, back to back.
Pretty much agree...If we string together another winning season on top of this year...we become nationally relevant again...the national recruits will start to look at us. We can't chase every one but I can see Cuse starting to land 4-5 four star kids every year with an occasional five star.

If Cuse finishes strong 9-11 wins...we will probably be Top 25 next year in the preseason magazines, ACC will schedule Clemson with ESPN's help to showcase on Primetime TV with ESPN game day. (mid September??)

It would be chaos.

This came up in a thread a year or so ago and I had some research on the subject that proved it to be a durable and popular myth. Found some notes:

"University Avenue Garage, built 2003, 818 spaces, replaced ~200 spaces and absorbed ~200 spaces on new Whitman site.
Irving Avenue Garage, built 1992, ~300 spaces, replaced frame buildings
Adams Street Garage, built 2006, 349 spaces, replaced houses, hillside, and ~50 surface spaces
Lehman lots, built 1996-2005, ~200 spaces, replaced buildings
Sheraton garage, built 1985, 301 spaces, replaced frame buildings (was temp parking for a semester or two before construction began)
Purchased HAR lot in 2014, ~150 spaces.

Lost ~175 spots on SUCOL lot and ~75 on Henry lot in 2011-2013, but both blocks were covered with buildings in the early 1980s. Gained ~40 with demolition of houses on Van Buren in 2012.

Former Crouse-Irving was demolished for construction of large private garage at Waverly and South Crouse in 1996.
Construction (1980s) and big expansion (2008) of VA garage replaced frame buildings.
Construction of several thousand spaces at Upstate (2005)."

This just takes into account big projects on or immediately next to campus and doesn't count the few dozen spots lost for Orange Grove construction in front of Bowne and Carnegie, but it shows that SU's had a better than 1-for-1 replacement of spots lost to building construction since 1980. They've way exceeded the number of spots that their 1979 agreement with the city requires them to maintain.

Yeah but Orange Man Bad

There might be as many spaces...but they are mostly garages which suck for getting out quickly and you can't tailgate in most cases.

There are a few things they can do to increase the surface lots but frankly the City would have to be a partner to help.

Last edited:

It would be chaos.
and that would be another reason why people choose to sit it out and stay home. It's not the product on the field that solves all the problems in terms of attracting and keeping fans.

Great post. I think if we can shock the world against Notre Dame (again!!!), that is going to be as big a marker for this program as beating Clemson last year, and beating Virginia Tech the year before.

Beating Notre Dame gets us into a Top 10 ranking and one of the New Years Bowls.

If we can do that, I think we will have attendance gains to get us consistently over 40,000 next year.
Beating ND = ND PR machine talking up Syracuse. They can’t say they overlooked the #13 team in the nation while playing them in a Shamrock Series game.

Winning = stories of us being elite this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom