Louisville Attendance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Attendance

Flying in from Omaha on Thursday night for this one. Thankfully bought lower bowl tickets on Stubhub for 15 bucks each before the Clemson game.

Friday game is perfect for out of towners if you can make it work cause the time is set well in advanced and whole weekend is still open. We are going to fly down state Saturday and see Joel at the Garden.

If the school says it and drops tickets to $10 and people still don’t show — then whut? Who do you blame them? Not sure droppin price actually helps in long run?

Right now, upper bowl between the 20s are going for $110 per plus fees. You are going to have a hard time filling the top bowl at those rates. Most ordinary Joes can’t afford that. If attendance is important, you will see some special deal happening I would presume.

Certain posters at the Louisville game...

89B3CB7E-FE5C-4D21-91E6-85F87E29EBD9.gif

Right now, upper bowl between the 20s are going for $110 per plus fees. You are going to have a hard time filling the top bowl at those rates. Most ordinary Joes can’t afford that. If attendance is important, you will see some special deal happening I would presume.
I would reach out to John Wildhack via email and tell him about your concerns with the pricing. It is the only way things will change.

There’s no way no how there were 40 there. Not a chance
Looked pretty good on TV by late first quarter. I bet at least 38k. Always a bunch of people orbitting the concourses during the game

As long as I can read recruits saying the Dome was "electric" or the like, I'm happy. If Dino smiles when he comes out of the tunnel, I'm thrilled.

I would reach out to John Wildhack via email and tell him about your concerns with the pricing. It is the only way things will change.
Keep in mind some of these seats are through certified resale with a floor price set. I would think there would be a reluctance to undercut Season Ticket Holders using a University affiliates channel to recoup expense for tickets they cannot use. I have 4 A level preferred. Paid $500 for each including donation. Selling the unsold seats for a prorated price would be fine but significant discounting of the seat next to me would be tough to see.

I think Friday night is better than Saturday night. Beat Wake, 44K.

No way. Saturday night games get the home fans rip roaring drunk before the game. I was at Florida State in 2004, and that was the most menacing I have ever heard the place. Loud vicious drunks who wanted nothing more than to watch our kids kick your asses. It was a GREAT atmosphere.

No way. Saturday night games get the home fans rip roaring drunk before the game. I was at Florida State in 2004, and that was the most menacing I have ever heard the place. Loud vicious drunks who wanted nothing more than to watch our kids kick your asses. It was a GREAT atmosphere.

West Virginia and Clemson were huge Friday wins. Either way hope we win Saturday and the place sees Dungey, Strickland, etc out in style.

Keep in mind some of these seats are through certified resale with a floor price set. I would think there would be a reluctance to undercut Season Ticket Holders using a University affiliates channel to recoup expense for tickets they cannot use. I have 4 A level preferred. Paid $500 for each including donation. Selling the unsold seats for a prorated price would be fine but significant discounting of the seat next to me would be tough to see.
That’s interesting because I also have 4 preferred $500 tickets including donation but I see it a bit differently.

I want the University to set whatever price for those tickets sells, regardless of the discount to me. In my mind I may be paying a premium (if that game was low demand and such individual tickets ended up discounted) but I think I get 3 major rewards for my potential premium.

#1 We know where we are going to sit every game and we can settle into a bit of a routine (my wife especially love this and she lets me go, so cheers to #1)

#2 I do look at a peice of my ticket as a pure donation. It is the first time since I started working that my finances allowed this (read: student loans are done) and so this is my start.

#3 Most importantly I get to GUARANTEE access to my preferred seats for each and every game regardless of demand for an individual game. Sure I could gamble that the University starts discounting the individual game tickets and I could save money, but at the cost of potentially missing a game, or having to buy crappy tickets for said game.

Either way, the most important thing to me is a full dome which leads to great wins and a great program that leads to high demand for tickets which solves the whole discounting debate because they will be bought as seasons eventually. The circle of life!

Last edited:
That’s interesting because I also have 4 preferred $500 tickets including donation but I see it a bit differently.

I want the University to set whatever price for those tickets sells, regardless of the discount to me. In my mind I may be paying a premium (if that game was low demand and such individual tickets ended up discounted) but I think I get 3 major rewards for my potential premium.

#1 We know where we are going to sit every game and we can settle into a bit of a routine (my wife especially love this and she lets me go, so cheers to #1)

#2 I do look at a peice of my ticket as a pure donation. It is the first time since I started working that my finances allowed this (read: student loans are done) and so this is my start.

#3 Most importantly I get to GAURENTEE access to my preferred seats for each and every game regardless of demand for an individual game. Sure I could gamble that the University starts discounting the individual game tickets and I could save money, but at the cost of potentially missing a game, or having to buy crappy tickets for said game.

Either way, the most important thing to me is a full dome which leads to great wins and a great program that leads to high demand for tickets which solves the whole discounting debate because they will be bought as seasons eventually. The circle of life!

I have tremendous respect for both of you and your support for the program and I can definitely see both perspectives. But #2 is key - all fans are great and we need them all to fill up the done, but ultimately the ones who donate are the people who keep the program running so maybe thinking of it like that instead of just a ticket price, for lack of a better way of saying it. Now whether they can provide more/better incentives to those who donate is also a discussion point.

They should do whatever it takes to fill seats from now until he renovation is done, then reevaluate everything

They're going to dynamic pricing for marquee basketball games. They may decide to do the same for all b'ball and f'ball games eventually to undercut the secondary market.

#3 Most importantly I get to GAURENTEE access to my preferred seats for each and every game regardless of demand for an individual game. Sure I could gamble that the University starts discounting the individual game tickets and I could save money, but at the cost of potentially missing a game, or having to buy crappy tickets for said game.

They’ve already studied this as has been said before. They aren’t going to short change their donors. Do that and they’ll start losing donors who see they can get the same or similar seat for ticket price only.

Of course their first email advertised UL as a saturday night game, but they’ve since corrected. Classic

In the correction e-mail they said that they corrected the "date" not the day. Too funny.

In the correction e-mail they said that they corrected the "date" not the day. Too funny.

It has to be a Syracuse thing so many dame errors. Syracuse.com has a note about the Bills/Pats game tonight. First the link/quick blurb says the game is at 1. Then when you read the story it says the game is at NRG (or whatever the Texans stadium is named) field in Houston. Christ does anyone proof read this crap.

Ironically, the same attendance that night as this past Saturday.

We're having great success with Friday night games and the atmosphere. If you don't count the Louisville game two years ago when Lamar Jackson wore a cape with a large S.

I don't remember any night games like this, this late in the season. It hit me as I parked Saturday to a near empty lot and no people outside their cars. I'm getting old but I can't remember a pre-game that hasn't had a little light for.

Keep in mind there are plenty of seats in "non-preferred" sections available for fans looking for a more wallet-friendly price. If this weren't the case, maybe I'd feel differently.

And the specific scenario where a season ticket holder lists his tickets on the University affiliated Ticket Exchange where there is a floor price set only to see the Box Office sell comparable seats well below that floor price would certainly risk some ill will.

We all want the same thing but I won;t criticize the University for making decisions meant to protect the base while they cultivate new fans. In another thread someone made a case to make unsold premium seats available at face value to donors who already have the same level of tickets. To me that would be a no-brainer. Helps me recruit other fans to come to the Done, rewards me for my loyalty and helps fill the seats.

It’ll be the same or better than NCSt. If the weather is decent, I’d expect a little more than the 40k last night. Maybe 42k. It’s been awhile since we had back to back 40k+.
It sure is nice to be talking about 40,000 for games at the end of the season instead early non-conference games against some big name.

This pic was posted in the other thread, but I don’t get where Rocco, IB and Phat are getting this 30k stuff from. Sure the upper rows of some sections are sparse but there’s not 20k empty seats. We haven’t seen some of those sections that filled in a long time. Definitely 40k.

View attachment 142855
You don't get the perspective of empty space between people from that angle. I don't know numbers, but on tv you could see empty space in the lower bowl at midfield all game. I guess 40,000 seems about right. Hopefully the people that paid a crapload of money for those premium seats start showing up so you can't see the silver on tv.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom