Louisville Attendance | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Attendance

Keep in mind there are plenty of seats in "non-preferred" sections available for fans looking for a more wallet-friendly price. If this weren't the case, maybe I'd feel differently.

And the specific scenario where a season ticket holder lists his tickets on the University affiliated Ticket Exchange where there is a floor price set only to see the Box Office sell comparable seats well below that floor price would certainly risk some ill will.

We all want the same thing but I won;t criticize the University for making decisions meant to protect the base while they cultivate new fans. In another thread someone made a case to make unsold premium seats available at face value to donors who already have the same level of tickets. To me that would be a no-brainer. Helps me recruit other fans to come to the Done, rewards me for my loyalty and helps fill the seats.

I think the answer is keep the preferred donor seating, but make the area much smaller, until demand catches up. I am so tired of seeing so many silver benches where the best ticket holders should be sitting.

You don't get the perspective of empty space between people from that angle. I don't know numbers, but on tv you could see empty space in the lower bowl at midfield all game. I guess 40,000 seems about right. Hopefully the people that paid a crapload of money for those premium seats start showing up so you can't see the silver on tv.

At least put actual seats in there, and paint them blue and/or orange.

I’m sure there will be people not going because of working to 5 or something and just wanting to get home. But that’s off set by people who will go to the game because it is a Friday night and easier for them than a Saturday game.

Kickoff would have been better if it was 7:30 or 8. People will have to come straight home from work to game. Theres a double header on ESPN that night thats why are games at 7.

Kickoff would have been better if it was 7:30 or 8. People will have to come straight home from work to game. Theres a double header on ESPN that night thats why are games at 7.

except that would be worse for out of town people since the games take 3.5 hr to 4 hours usually

EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE THERE!!!!
I BROKE MY ELBOW ON SUNDAY, AND AM FLYING OUT FROM ARIZONA FOR THIS GAME. IF I CAN BE THERE, THAN ANYONE WITHIN 200 MILES OF SYRACUSE CAN BE THERE.
MY BIGGEST FEAR IS GETTING MY ARM BUMPED. HOPING TO FIND SOME SAFE SEATING. .MAYBE IN A BOX. MY SEATS ARE GOOD, BUT THE SECTION CAN BE ROWDY.

It blows my mind that we have one of the top Sport Management programs in the country and aren’t using the sales class as an outbound call center. Practical experience is the best tool to prepare these kids for a sales career.

They should focus on group tickets in areas further out. Buffalo. Watertown. Albany.

Tons of potential if they executed this.

It blows my mind that we have one of the top Sport Management programs in the country and aren’t using the sales class as an outbound call center. Practical experience is the best tool to prepare these kids for a sales career.

They should focus on group tickets in areas further out. Buffalo. Watertown. Albany.

Hey Buffalo - the Bills have scored 7 TDs this year. Syracuse scored 6 on Saturday night. Come check it out!

I mean, it markets itself.

I think they should increase the size of the seats in the prime area so that less seats are actually required to be sold down there, more space for people buying the seats and less empty seats they cant sell. since the goal is probably go to real seats in some of those areas anyway then just do it now by putting new stickers. reduce every row by 2-4 seats. some people will get bumped a bit but if its going to happen anyway just do it.
if need be offer people a small discount for the inconvenience.

people between the 40s will barely be moved.. will people at the 30 complain if it becomes the 25 ?

seats from the 20 to the 20 arent really going to cause bball issues anyway.

Gotta win the 60 and 90 mile rings first.

They should go with Orange Pricing for individual game tickets along the sidelines. This would be similar to Northwestern’s Purple Pricing. It’s a modified Dutch auction system. Prices start high and will drop as supply and resale markets dictate. At the end of the sales period those that bought early are reimbursed the the difference between the price they paid and the last/lowest price. For high demand games the AD will make more and for low demand games there’s a greater chance of increasing the number of tickets sold.

If (when) we beat wake this game will be damn near a sell out. 47k+, being ranked, exciting offense, last home game, senior night, Friday night, SU really pushing this game already. I really wouldn’t be shocked if this game ends up selling out if we beat Wake.

Yes bus them up from Ft Drum, I know they used to do a lot of bus trips out of Watertown.

As you said get creative with some marketing, esp target the younger generation to develop life long fans

Ft Drum , Boys and girls club. Send a 100 tickets to every Pop warner organization with in 45 minutes. thats 5k right there. As i posted before, get it filled anyway you can for this year then use this success to jump season ticket sales for next year.

That’s interesting because I also have 4 preferred $500 tickets including donation but I see it a bit differently.

I want the University to set whatever price for those tickets sells, regardless of the discount to me. In my mind I may be paying a premium (if that game was low demand and such individual tickets ended up discounted) but I think I get 3 major rewards for my potential premium.

#1 We know where we are going to sit every game and we can settle into a bit of a routine (my wife especially love this and she lets me go, so cheers to #1)

#2 I do look at a peice of my ticket as a pure donation. It is the first time since I started working that my finances allowed this (read: student loans are done) and so this is my start.

#3 Most importantly I get to GUARANTEE access to my preferred seats for each and every game regardless of demand for an individual game. Sure I could gamble that the University starts discounting the individual game tickets and I could save money, but at the cost of potentially missing a game, or having to buy crappy tickets for said game.

Either way, the most important thing to me is a full dome which leads to great wins and a great program that leads to high demand for tickets which solves the whole discounting debate because they will be bought as seasons eventually. The circle of life!
This is one of the greatest posts I’ve ever read. I’ve been trying to convey this exact sentiment for awhile.

Sometimes I think we play up the attendance thing too much

I was looking at this earlier

Syracuse Football Home Attendance (Since 1964)

Yes. 2015-2016 was uniquely bad. But The team was as DOWN as it had been. Look at the history. Ebbs and flows all over the place. With the exception of a year or two, the early to mid 80s are not far from the last couple years. Then we had a nice 20 year run which coincided with years we were solid, for the most part (last few years being the exception).Then down. Then up. And then down again.

I think if this team finishes with 8 or 9 wins + and then next year STILL struggles under a 40k average, we a can start to look more at the fans than the team. But this team is good, has a bright future. I expect a 40K average next year with 1 or 2 45k+ games, and if we have another good season, a move into the 42-44K range the year after with our first "sellout".

This pic was posted in the other thread, but I don’t get where Rocco, IB and Phat are getting this 30k stuff from. Sure the upper rows of some sections are sparse but there’s not 20k empty seats. We haven’t seen some of those sections that filled in a long time. Definitely 40k.

View attachment 142855
37k - ish

I think they should increase the size of the seats in the prime area so that less seats are actually required to be sold down there, more space for people buying the seats and less empty seats they cant sell.
Take the seats out altogether. Make it a sloped Field Turf lawn.

Sometimes I think we play up the attendance thing too much

I was looking at this earlier

Syracuse Football Home Attendance (Since 1964)

Yes. 2015-2016 was uniquely bad. But The team was as DOWN as it had been. Look at the history. Ebbs and flows all over the place. With the exception of a year or two, the early to mid 80s are not far from the last couple years. Then we had a nice 20 year run which coincided with years we were solid, for the most part (last few years being the exception).Then down. Then up. And then down again.

I think if this team finishes with 8 or 9 wins + and then next year STILL struggles under a 40k average, we a can start to look more at the fans than the team. But this team is good, has a bright future. I expect a 40K average next year with 1 or 2 45k+ games, and if we have another good season, a move into the 42-44K range the year after with our first "sellout".
I think, depending on how things play out this season and early next, we could sell out the Clemson game.

They should go with Orange Pricing for individual game tickets along the sidelines. This would be similar to Northwestern’s Purple Pricing. It’s a modified Dutch auction system. Prices start high and will drop as supply and resale markets dictate. At the end of the sales period those that bought early are reimbursed the the difference between the price they paid and the last/lowest price. For high demand games the AD will make more and for low demand games there’s a greater chance of increasing the number of tickets sold.

That sounds way too complicated for folks that can't spell names of retired jersey's correctly

I think, depending on how things play out this season and early next, we could sell out the Clemson game.

Possible. But if not, as long as we are trending significantly upward, then the pattern holds

Right now,the upper level is ahead of where it was for State at the same time. The lower level is far behind though. Hope a win Saturday lights a fire on sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom