Louisville Attendance | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Attendance

Not saying this is indicative of a big crowd, but immediately upon arriving at the office this AM I had multiple people ask me the best way to get tickets for Friday. And these are folks who do not go to SU football games. As someone else said, people in this town love an event...and Friday night in the Dome, ranked #13 in the nation seems to qualify. LGO!

Yea, that’s the student overflow overflow.

How many times has that overflow overflow had occupants? Two whole sections in addition to 306?

How many times has that overflow overflow had occupants? Two whole sections in addition to 306?

This year once. Another game had a few dozen students there.

Not saying this is indicative of a big crowd, but immediately upon arriving at the office this AM I had multiple people ask me the best way to get tickets for Friday. And these are folks who do not go to SU football games. As someone else said, people in this town love an event...and Friday night in the Dome, ranked #13 in the nation seems to qualify. LGO!

I think this is the biggest factor into ticket sales is we still have a whole work week left to work with. Let the water cooler talk start, the talk radio cycle, the news coverage of this game ramp up and let it become an event that you can't miss and the sales will start happening this week.

Add in a basketball game on Tuesday right after the CFP ranking announcement and I think the lines at the ticket windows in the second half of what is hopefully a blowout basketball game will be huge (even though it would be nice to think that the 20k going to the basketball game on Tuesday already have their football tickets)

I don't remember if it was in this thread or not but someone said the Crunch were able to get over 20k to the fairgrounds outdoors to watch hockey on a race track and then were able to get 30k in the dome against Utica by turning those games into can't miss events. Syracuse marketing still has 5 days to do that and turn this into a cant miss event and they at least have a good start going.

Looking at ticketmaster, less than 30,000 still

I heard from someone in the know that they weren't doing as well as they'd like selling tickets

I sitll dont get why these local teams cornell/colgate/lemoyne/occ/clarkson etc dont cross promote especially on weeks they dont have local games.

I heard from someone in the know that they weren't doing as well as they'd like selling tickets
That is the same thing I heard last week. Hoping things change this week because a crowd of 35,000 for the #13 team in the country on senior day would a disgrace.

Last edited:
I think I win the longest travel prize. Driving about 4 hours from Bemus Point, NY
but my wife and I are bringing two Rotary exchange students from croatia and paraguay. I will leave it to my wife to explain the game while I watch. Those kids are excited to see SU Football.
Hey Greg, you know that I have a longer distance than you! ;)

Syracuse has not done a good job promoting. Babers, Matt Park and the players are doing what they can. The University should be giving tickets to fort drum, first responders etc. to fill the Dome. Hell, even have some interns walking up to people in the mall and talk to people. Advertise all local hotels etc. I constantly advertise for the university all day long while i uber people lol.

the 100 level is almost sold, thats about 18K

the 200 level is coming along about 7K there about 5K sold

the upper maybe 20% sold of the 23K so thats 4-K sold

no idea how many sit in the boxes but probably 1-2K

thats puts us in 27-30K range

hopefully they market it hard at the bball game and get some sold there.

the other thing is that almost everything sold the last 2 weeks will be people showing up and not seasons who dont show.

tarp corners move the $100 ST to the 5-10 and compress the sidelines. then you can market the specials in the endzone as needed.

Praying for 43,500

Rationally believeing 39,000

The sections that were grayed out yesterday in the upper deck are back available now. And one of those 2 overflow sections for students is now available.

This is the most honest Ticketmaster map of available seats that I've seen this year. And it's fairly depressing.

Capture.JPG

The sections that were grayed out yesterday in the upper deck are back available now. And one of those 2 overflow sections for students is now available.

This is the most honest Ticketmaster map of available seats that I've seen this year. And it's fairly depressing.

View attachment 143658
There are actually more tickets available today then yesterday when Ticketmaster released a new seating map at 3:00 p.m.

I am hoping we see a big change on the Ticketmaster map by tomorrow otherwise we looking at a crowd of 30,000 on national television for the #13 team in the country.

Last edited:
I am hoping we see a big change on the Ticketmaster map by tomorrow evening otherwise we may be looking at a crowd of 30,000 on national television for the #13 team in the country.

It's going to have to be a record breaking walk up.

Last years senior day against BC got 30 thousand with Rex Culpepper playing QB. I can't believe we are only on pace to get that again this year being ranked 13th. Still have today, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but its gonna be a miracle to get over 36k I think.

Marketing department can hit the bball game tonight hard but I would hope that the 20k going to the game tonight have their football tickets for Friday already so who knows

this whole strategy of waiting until game week to try and unload tickets is hard to watch.

The should have pushed harder from week 1 to try and get more sold on later games.. everyone one off could have netted a cheaper 2nd game ticket. its not like we ever threatened to sell the 10K we left sitting in a box every week. $10 tickets sold ok, $20 tickets have not yet.

maybe thats the market?people would rather pay $20 to see a 1.5 hr movie than $20 to see a 4hr game..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom