Louisville Fires Bobby Petrino / Hires Scott Satterfield | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Fires Bobby Petrino / Hires Scott Satterfield

It will be interesting to see how they play against N.C. State. I think it will say a lot about the atmosphere within which Petrino coached. With him gone, they might surprise.

Although, they could completely disintegrate, especially with some of the injuries they have sustained.

I'm glad we faced them with Petrino at the helm.

This firing is everything wrong with the world today. People are so fickle and can't handle any adversity these days.

One bad season and Petrino is gone.

Petrino is 119-56.

His teams finished ranked 7 times in the 14 years he's coached. Final AP finishes of #5, #5, #6, #12, #19, #21, #24.

He won an Orange Bowl at Louisville and lost a really tough battle against Ohio State 31-26 in the Sugar Bowl while at Arkansas.

There's no denying that Louisville looks like garbage this year but he has a proven track record of winning and the first year his team sucks he's shown the door.

This firing is everything wrong with the world today. People are so fickle and can't handle any adversity these days.

Petrino is 119-56.

His teams finished ranked 7 times in the 14 years he's coached. Final AP finishes of #5, #5, #6, #12, #19, #21, #24.

He won an Orange Bowl at Louisville and lost a really tough battle against Ohio State 31-26 in the Sugar Bowl while at Arkansas.

There's no denying that Louisville looks like garbage this year but he has a proven track record of winning and the first year his team sucks he's shown the door.
It's because he's a tool.

Petrino is 119-56.

I was thinking this as well. He’s a dirtbag, but winning is above all else especially for a dirt bag school like Louisville.

I think the only way that this starts to change if these schools dismiss and then strike out on their top candidates. But I have to think they know they have a good shot at Brohm or else they wouldn’t have fired Petrino.

Petrino is 119-56.

Your facts would lead one to the conclusion it's not wins and losses

If we started firing everyone we don't like then a large majority of the world would be without a job.
Ok.

Results matter. So does how you get the results.

If how you get the results isn't great, once the results disappear, so does the opportunity.

The thing is - he'll land somewhere. Might take a while, might not be a great gig, but someone else will hire him knowing exactly what they're getting.

And he'll probably do well for a while, but in a not great way, and once he stops doing well history will repeat itself.

This Louisville team is about as bad as any P5 team I have seen during the P5 team era.

Jamie "Ban White Males" Carroll

Really? Yeah nothing wrong with that at all.

These racist liberals that hate white people are pathetic. Why would you even link his tweet?
I am linking the picture of the crawl on the TV screen. I didn't even look at who owns the twitter account. If the mods want it down they can take it down. I apologize. The tweet has gone viral because of the irony of on his own TV show they announce his firing in the crawl underneath. Most aren't looking at the twitter account handle here. I think everyone got the point of this was a funny picture of the firing being announced on the crawl during his weekly TV show.

I am linking the picture of the crawl on the TV screen. I didn't even look at who owns the twitter account. If the mods want it down they can take it down. I apologize. The tweet has gone viral because of the irony of on his own TV show they announce his firing in the crawl underneath. Most aren't looking at the twitter account handle here. I think everyone got the point of this was a funny picture of the firing being announced on the crawl during his weekly TV show.

No prob then. Twitter is a cesspool

Dakich posted this tweet last Thursday, before our game

Dan Dakich

✔ @dandakich

Huge news coming out of Louisville in the next 72 hours..remember last time I gave U of L news it was spot on

How do they have all this money? How can they keep spending it with no consequences? Are they made of money? Is reality ever going to set in and they run out? I know they have great fans but come on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom