Louisville Fires Bobby Petrino / Hires Scott Satterfield | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Fires Bobby Petrino / Hires Scott Satterfield

How do they have all this money? How can they keep spending it with no consequences? Are they made of money? Is reality ever going to set in and they run out? I know they have great fans but come on.
Basketball made the AD a crap ton of money for fifteen years or more, and Football helped too. Plus a lot of their expenses were covered by huge boosters over the years

Easier to find boosters when you are winning. People want a sure thing when investing.

If they keep losing the money well will dry up

A "contributing factor" to his firing after one poor year is that everyone who was involved in his return, Jurich, the president, etc., were fired over the Rick Pitino stuff. He had no one in any sort of position of authority who was willing to back him up. As best as is known, he kept his nose clean in this second tenure.

Pork_Chop_medium.gif

I don't like the guy at all, but one bad season does not justify firing a guy who has had the kind of success he's had. Must be other factors including a cleansing of the Athletic Department

Actually, even with Lamar last 2 years, the team underachieved. They have had a terrible defense since Grantham left, and even he had troubles his last season or so. Being local, I had not heard about other happenings causing his termination, although his team was falling apart and just not the same this season, especially as L's mounted. I just think Petrino couldn't care less and knew he was a lame duck. Of course, who knows what went on behind the scene and other issues may have been involved, although despite his checkered past, Petrino kept out of the local news for the most part around here concerning any behavior similar to the past, but again who knows.

Fans wanted him gone big time here, and I, who wasn't anti-Bobby in past seasons, certainly am now. Definitely time for a change, and I assume the rest of his family coaches are gone too along with their DC, can only hope!

I wonder if the AD fired him in person or just left a note in his office.
I assume you are being sarcastic, which I get. But AD Tyra seems like a respectable genuine guy so I'm sure he did it the right way, if there is a right way for such things. Certainly, some fans around here seemed like they would have just given him a stiff kick in the back side only.

I know he was fired, but maybe he had to reCUSE himself instead, ha ha.

I assume you are being sarcastic, which I get. But AD Tyra seems like a respectable genuine guy so I'm sure he did it the right way, if there is a right way for such things. Certainly, some fans around here seemed like they would have just given him a stiff kick in the back side only.

Yes I was joking since Bobby left the Falcons by leaving a note in each players locker rather than telling them in person.

Dino was the straw that broke him. I love that.

Does this automatically make Petrino a potential replacement for Ash?
Nothing against Cuse, but it was almost pick a team out of a hat as to which would be the last team he faced, as his team was getting blown out by everyone. But glad it was the Orange.

Yes I was joking since Bobby left the Falcons by leaving a note in each players locker rather than telling them in person.
Oh I didn't realize that, so I get the joke now!

This firing is everything wrong with the world today. People are so fickle and can't handle any adversity these days.

One bad season and Petrino is gone.

Petrino is 119-56.

His teams finished ranked 7 times in the 14 years he's coached. Final AP finishes of #5, #5, #6, #12, #19, #21, #24.

He won an Orange Bowl at Louisville and lost a really tough battle against Ohio State 31-26 in the Sugar Bowl while at Arkansas.

There's no denying that Louisville looks like garbage this year but he has a proven track record of winning and the first year his team sucks he's shown the door.

His record is built on teams recruited by college COACHES. Every time he leaves, the cupboard is bare. They guy does not recruit as well as many believe and does not coach up players.

He is a very good offensive schemer and can make offensive calls in a game. He sucks regarding D. Cannot work well with others. Grating and degrading personality. Hires family for many positions (nepotism is acceptable if the family member is competent but is an utter failure when they are not competent) who are not competent for their positions. He lacks any morals. He follows the money more than anything else. He tried to leave last fall and expected to do so, but no one came calling. His own players are seeking releases and his recruits are withdrawing commitments.

Really, not much good to say about the man. Not worth keeping on the payroll if he cannot sustain a winning program with his own recruits.

Oh, yeah, one bad season... the same thing happened at Atlanta, one bad season and he quit on the team. The only reason he didn't "quit" on Louisville is because of the guaranteed contract and the likelihood he will not gat another contract.

I think Petrino quit on his team but knew he’d need to get fired to get the $$$. His players knew he was a jerk but didn’t know he’d go that far. So they quit on him.

Right?

I wonder if the AD fired him in person or just left a note in his office.
There was a post where he was on his show talking about this past week and on bottom scroll it said he was fired. I guess they didn't tell him in person

I think Petrino quit on his team but knew he’d need to get fired to get the $$$. His players knew he was a jerk but didn’t know he’d go that far. So they quit on him.

Right?
Puma Pass is their QB

Nice player but he ain't Lamar. Or Teddy

In case anyone needs reminding, last fall, this is what made headlines:

Morning Coffee: Five reasons to think Bobby Petrino could leave Louisville football

4 reasons Bobby Petrino should bolt Louisville to take over Tennessee

Bobby Petrino on speculation about other jobs: ‘I don’t really worry about it’

Every Cardinal player knew this was the real Bobby Petrino. They knew he was looking for a new job. They searched his history of leaving. They knew he would throw them aside for a perceived "better" job. He was at Louisville auditioning for a bigger stage. The players did not quit on Bobby Petrino, he quit on them last November. It took this long to foment (probably due to the high buyout clause).

Regardless, BP deserved to get fired and I hope the Louisville lawyers are able to prove some level of cause (personally, I think this season should be sufficient cause, but a Kentucky labor law/contract law attorney will need to chime in and address).

P.S. See the below link for the CFN identified candidates for the Louisville job:

Bobby Petrino on speculation about other jobs: ‘I don’t really worry about it’

Conspicuously missing is our own HCDB. I bet because Louisville is a step down from SU in the overall CFB world; at best, Louisville would be a lateral move. CFN knows this and recognizes L'ville would not have advantages many think.

Reactions: FAL
20 kids asked for their release this week. Kids backing off of their verbals. The school had no choice
i do not believe it was all on petrino.the ville had issues

He is such a cinnamon ring. LVille administration danced with the devil and it turned out how many of us thought it would... in a heaping pile of flames.

Bon voyage Petrino, you're not a leader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom