Louisville Game POSTPONED (again) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Game POSTPONED (again)

It's incredible that the overall case count is dropping steadily over the last several weeks, but we are still seeing a very drastic impact on college ball.
It’s probably due to other students now being back on campuses since late January. They’d been gone since before Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
I understand the conferences don't really care about just geographical location etc and there is more to it than that, but Louisville ever being in the big east or the ACC makes no sense at all to me.
The Big Ten has 14 members.
The Big XII has 10 members.

These conferences don’t make sense.
The ACC only took Louisville because Florida State and Clemson didn’t want UConn.

The Big Ten has 14 members.
The Big XII has 10 members.

These conferences don’t make sense.
The ACC only took Louisville because Florida State and Clemson didn’t want UConn.
I know... and it's insane. Irrationally bothers me. Louisville fits like a glove into the Big 12 imo.

Yet no Syracuse-Georgia Tech tomorrow.
So we could get 3 games in the last week of the season.

3-1 Big Monday North Carolina

3-3 Wednesday Clemson they are on the early week bye that week.

Then Saturday 3-6 at Miami. If BC stays on Covid shutdown for the season like I believe they will we can fill the BC slot at Miami.

That gives us 3 games the last week.
if BC stays shut down, we can play FSU on 3/3 when BC is scheduled to play FSU.

I know... and it's insane. Irrationally bothers me. Louisville fits like a glove into the Big 12 imo.
I guarantee the Big XII regrets not scooping up Louisville and Cincinnati when they added West Virginia.
However Texas didn’t want to feed more mouths that wouldn’t have brought more money.
They were wrong Louisville and Cincinnati with WVU would have hurt the ACC and then maybe Clemson and Florida State become Big XII 13 and 14 and they kill the ACC.

Texas really doesn’t care about the rest of the Big XII they only care about themselves.

Now if West Virginia didn’t have crazy fans they are probably the correct call to replace Maryland instead of Louisville.
Their fanbase nuked any possible relationship with the ACC.

We could play FSU

if BC stays shut down, we can play FSU on 3/3 when BC is scheduled to play FSU.
Yeah it could be FSU but I would prefer Clemson either team would be fine though.

So we could get 3 games in the last week of the season.

3-1 Big Monday North Carolina

3-3 Wednesday Clemson they are on the early week bye that week.

Then Saturday 3-6 at Miami. If BC stays on Covid shutdown for the season like I believe they will we can fill the BC slot at Miami.

That gives us 3 games the last week.
we're gonna get zero

I could fix this in half an hour.
Georgia Tech at Syracuse Friday
Notre Dame at Syracuse Sunday
Georgia Tech af Miami Sunday
Syracuse at Duke Tuesday
Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech Tuesday
Syracuse at Georgia Tech 2-27.
Could’ve just gotten the FSU game made up tomorrrow

I understand the conferences don't really care about just geographical location etc and there is more to it than that, but Louisville ever being in the big east or the ACC makes no sense at all to me.
1_PKxxUfUZDdrMtevTgAde9w.jpeg

I rewatched one of our games from 2012 vs Lville to sort of make up for the postponement. I used to like playing Louisville but I've realized now it was mostly because Pitino was coaching them.

I’m really bummed about tonight’s game being off. We needed a good win.

I don’t see how the NCAA committee will be able to fairly pick the at large tournament teams this year with so much variety in team schedules (home/away, who you play, what players are missing etc). I think there will be MANY coaches complaining after the selections that his team was deserving because of what Covid caused to their schedule and players to miss games.

Take Minnesota - the Gophers have several great wins (Michigan, Ohio St., Iowa) but have ZERO road wins but they are currently in the projected bracket.

I don 't know about the NCAA tournament but keeping the winning season streak going is lookin' pretty good right now. :cool::rolleyes::oops:
Might as well run a four corners on this god forsaken season

I think JB doesn't want any non-conference games because he knows we could lose such games, and really doesn't benefit us to beat lesser schools. That said why the ACC isn't doing all it can to re-schedule further leads me to think that something is going on behind the curtain.

I think JB doesn't want any non-conference games because he knows we could lose such games, and really doesn't benefit us to beat lesser schools. That said why the ACC isn't doing all it can to re-schedule further leads me to think that something is going on behind the curtain.
If we could play Colgate we should do it.
They are a good team and it would actually help our resume.

Ryan McMahon mentioned them. I doubt we will do it though. Too many hurdles.

If we could play Colgate we should do it.
They are a good team and it would actually help our resume.

Ryan McMahon mentioned them. I doubt we will do it though. Too many hurdles.

The Patriot won’t play non-conference games.

The Patriot won’t play non-conference games.
They let Army and Navy do it.
If Colgate pushed the envelope I am sure they could get one as well but as I said there are too many hurdles.

We would have to pay for Colgate’s bracelets and contact tracing tests. Etc.

They let Army and Navy do it.
If Colgate pushed the envelope I am sure they could get one as well but as I said there are too many hurdles.

We would have to pay for Colgate’s bracelets and contact tracing tests. Etc.

Yes, they were the only schools. And you bring up a good point about the bracelets. I don’t think the school wants to chance playing a mid major without the same covid protocols after what happened with Buffalo.

Yes, they were the only schools. And you bring up a good point about the bracelets. I don’t think the school wants to chance playing a mid major without the same covid protocols after what happened to Buffalo.
Yeah which is why I said their would have to be hurdles.

They would be off that week in March 6th but honestly they have no reason to play us as we can’t pay them much and they would be waiting to play their conference tournament and don’t need the game as they wouldn’t get an at-large if they lost.

Yeah which is why I said their would have to be hurdles.

They would be off that week in March 6th but honestly they have no reason to play us as we can’t pay them much and they would be waiting to play their conference tournament and don’t need the game as they wouldn’t get an at-large if they lost.
Maybe Colgate would like the chance to break the record long losing streak.

Specifically, regarding Colgate, which is 9-1 and ranked No. 11 in the NCAA’s NET rankings, Boeheim said, “Their conference won’t let them play (outside the conference).’'
Not to bash Colgate, a great upstate school, but doesn't this represent how far the SYR program has fallen if we are considering adding a Colgate game to enhance our NCAAT resume? It's almost sacrilege to think about that.

Not to bash Colgate, a great upstate school, but doesn't this represent how far the SYR program has fallen if we are considering adding a Colgate game to enhance our NCAAT resume? It's almost sacrilege to think about that.
About 10 years ago Cornel went to the sweet 16. That may gave been SU's best non-conference win that season.
T SU'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom