Louisville Game POSTPONED | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Game POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so there would be times when the flu was going around a team and few guys would be out. They never postponed games. You field however many guys you have as long as u have 5 players on the court.
Dude WTH? The flu is much less contagious, especially now with covid variants, and doesn’t kill people nearly at the rate of covid or leave lasting effects. No comparison. There also is an incubation period so testing someone right after exposure may not be accurate.

Stop being selfish and argumentative, and think of the safety and well being of others! Geez!

Okay so there would be times when the flu was going around a team and few guys would be out. They never postponed games. You field however many guys you have as long as u have 5 players on the court.
I thought covid was the flu at first too it's not it's much worse. I can't remember a cuse player in recent memory being out with the flu.

If this was March April 2020 but not Febuary 2021 when cases are declining and we have multiple vaccines. Time to get back to normal.
More than 3,000 people are still dying of the disease every day. There have been more than 400,000 deaths in the US alone so far. And many who contracted the virus and survived have really bad long term health consequences. Yes, most people don’t die from the virus. Maybe 1-2 percent and concentrated among older people and those with comorbidities. But it’s a highly contagious and deadly virus and 25-50 percent of transmission is happening from asymptomatic individuals, so there’s no way to be sure if someone has it and why it’s been so hard to stop. That’s why we’re in a public health emergency. You personally will probably be fine but it’s important that we all work together, collectively, as a society to slow the spread. Btw, we’re still not doing enough testing nationally and just starting to ramp up vaccinations. There is no debate among public health experts: We need to be staying vigilant. The pandemic won’t ease for several more months, probably til late spring/summer. And these new variants, which are more contagious and possibly more deadly, could throw us another curveball. We should just appreciate the fact that there’s any basketball being played at all.

More than 3,000 people are still dying of the disease every day. There have been more than 400,000 deaths in the US alone so far. And many who contracted the virus and survived have really bad long term health consequences. Yes, most people don’t die from the virus. Maybe 1-2 percent and concentrated among older people and those with comorbidities. But it’s a highly contagious and deadly virus and 25-50 percent of transmission is happening from asymptomatic individuals, so there’s no way to be sure if someone has it and why it’s been so hard to stop. That’s why we’re in a public health emergency. You personally will probably be fine but it’s important that we all work together, collectively, as a society to slow the spread. Btw, we’re still not doing enough testing nationally and just starting to ramp up vaccinations. There is no debate among public health experts: We need to be staying vigilant. The pandemic won’t ease for several more months, probably til late spring/summer. And these new variants, which are more contagious and possibly more deadly, could throw us another curveball. We should just appreciate the fact that there’s any basketball being played at all.
Very well said. Thank you.

Honestly thought that was the whole reason behind the chips they use. Who or what determines whether to hold out individuals vs. postponing the game. If they need more time to complete analysis, just stay in Syracuse and play tomorrow afternoon.
I don’t know if the contract tracing athletic departments are using with the chips is enough. the virus really can stay airborne for several hours indoors, which is why indoor dining is so risky. 6 feet isn’t necessarily enough indoors, especially if you’re not wearing a mask (properly fitted). Read about what the NFL learned about transmission and how it’s changed the way the CDC, epidemiologists and public Heath experts are looking at how the virus spreads.

Dude WTH? The flu is much less contagious, especially now with covid variants, and doesn’t kill people nearly at the rate of covid or leave lasting effects. No comparison. There also is an incubation period so testing someone right after exposure may not be accurate.

Stop being selfish and argumentative, and think of the safety and well being of others! Geez!
Welcome to everyone's nightmare.

I thought covid was the flu at first too it's not it's much worse. I can't remember a cuse player in recent memory being out with the flu.
report back when a family member dies. beacuse that's what happened to me, so you look like an imbecile.

Wish the NCAA would purchase a bunch of vaccines for the student athletes.

Be all for it. Also MLB players reporting to spring training delay the start of the spring training to make sure all players and team personnel get vaccinated twice.

Ummmm, no. Not until high risk populations get it first.

Ummm. Yes. There is enough Vaccine. We have 2 vaccines out right now being produced 24/7.

I had Covid 19. Can't taste salt and sugar for one week. Coke tastes like ginger. Sprite tastes like sparkling water. Body temperature went one degree higher than usual. I don't like it. But I had worse with some common Flu. Covid 19 is mild compared to them.
For you. My situation was different and im very fortunate.

Ummm. Yes. There is enough Vaccine. We have 2 vaccines out right now being produced 24/7.
Then why can't I get one?

You have told us repeatedly that "this is no threat to young people". Repeatedly.

If NCAA athletes get the vaccine before I do, I will be righteously pissed.

And no, there is NOT enough vaccine yet. You just make things up to fit your opinions/desires.

Then why can't I get one?

You have told us repeatedly that "this is no threat to young people". Repeatedly.

If NCAA athletes get the vaccine before I do, I will be righteously pissed.

And no, there is NOT enough vaccine yet. You just make things up to fit your opinions/desires.

My parents got their first dose already. My Fiance parents have theirs scheduled. And Me and my fiance we are getting ours Feb 24th.

Do you have any bleeping idea how long it takes to manufacture these batches.
It’s not easy.
The chemistry has to be done perfectly and the science has to be perfect.
Those 2 companies have to get the materials as well.

It’s not easy. It’s not what you said.

If we get 75% of the country vaccinated by June the country will be lucky.
Stop doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors