Louisville is stacked | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville is stacked

Petrinos O will be much better this year our only chance is we catch them early at home and there will be very little book on us

The single dumbest coaching move of the year...why?
Because he was the best QB we had and he was a freshmen who needed playing time to become a real college QB . Let's say Hunt didn't get hurt and Lville was beating us badly , would it have been OK to put Dungey in then . Or what if Lville hadn't been such a bunch of low life trash and played a soft defense with a huge lead instead of head hunting a freshman QB . That is what usually happens , the coach puts in deep reserves and the other team scores a couple of late TD's and gets to have a little self respect .

CousCuse said:
Because he was the best QB we had and he was a freshmen who needed playing time to become a real college QB . Let's say Hunt didn't get hurt and Lville was beating us badly , would it have been OK to put Dungey in then . Or what if Lville hadn't been such a bunch of low life trash and played a soft defense with a huge lead instead of head hunting a freshman QB . That is what usually happens , the coach puts in deep reserves and the other team scores a couple of late TD's and gets to have a little self respect .

There really is no defending that coaching move.

Sorry my "why"? It was rhetorical... I lost faith in Shafer as a head coach at that moment...

Sorry my "why"? It was rhetorical... I lost faith in Shafer as a head coach at that moment...
If he had Hunt as a healthy starter for the last 2 years and Dungey could have played in packages or red shirted , well that is what might have been.

If he had Hunt as a healthy starter for the last 2 years and Dungey could have played in packages or red shirted , well that is what might have been.
And if wishes and buts were candy and nuts...

CousCuse said:
Football is a tough sport , you just have your agenda and if facts don't fit you omit them .

What's my agenda?

It was epic stupidity to leave in a recovering QB in a no win situation

Aside from the obvious, 2 other things bothered me about it:

1. The fact that it was pretty much the same score, time left in game, etc. when he was pulled against FSU.
2. The job killing explanation 2 days later. Yeah, saying it after the game is one thing, haven't had a chance to think about it. But to reiterate on Monday, that was bad.

Much as I like Coach Shafer, yeah, that wasn't smart.
If we are losing by a lot late in the game this year , should all the starters come out ? Just play 3rd and 4th string seniors that for all intents and purposes are done with their playing career . Or is this consideration just for special players on offense . Hind site is 20/20 and if Eric didn't get hit , this would not have been an issue .

I lost faith in him after that moment. And football being a tough game is not an excuse to put a true freshman back out there after having sustained head injuries previously that season. A head injury, especially with the concussion protocol that SU uses, goes way beyond that. Not to mention the "we still had a shot to win" explanation was insane. I love FHCSS but that was the moment I joined the group who wanted a change. Not going for the win in OT number 2 against UVA was the other moment that killed me. But, lets move on to happier things with year 1 of Dino!

If we are losing by a lot late in the game this year , should all the starters come out ? Just play 3rd and 4th string seniors that for all intents and purposes are done with their playing career . Or is this consideration just for special players on offense . Hind site is 20/20 and if Eric didn't get hit , this would not have been an issue .

Seriously? You're seriously asking that question?

All starters...no! But the one or ones who have a history of getting beat up and a injury history that is long and in Dungy's case has had some head injuries on the field, yes get him out of the game if the outcome of the game has already been decided.

All starters...no! But the one or ones who have a history of getting beat up and a injury history that is long and in Dungy's case has had some head injuries on the field, yes get him out of the game if the outcome of the game has already been decided.
He was cleared to play by a doctor . Just another flimsy charge against Shafer . Like I have been saying IF progress isn't so fast with Dino , don't start looking for issues .

I lost faith in him after that moment. And football being a tough game is not an excuse to put a true freshman back out there after having sustained head injuries previously that season. A head injury, especially with the concussion protocol that SU uses, goes way beyond that. Not to mention the "we still had a shot to win" explanation was insane. I love FHCSS but that was the moment I joined the group who wanted a change. Not going for the win in OT number 2 against UVA was the other moment that killed me. But, lets move on to happier things with year 1 of Dino!
So did I...couldn't believe what I watching. Then some of the later punt decisions confirmed it.

CousCuse said:

If they are the QB who has had injury issues -YES. Special consideration for the most important player on the field.

CousCuse said:

Isn't it the coach's responsibility to pay attention to what is happening in the game and protect his players?

CousCuse said:
He was cleared to play by a doctor . Just another flimsy charge against Shafer . Like I have been saying IF progress isn't so fast with Dino , don't start looking for issues .

Not flimsy at all. Bad decision that he doubled down on. I stuck up for Shafer a lot and took truck loads of cheap from people here for a lot it. I still wish he'd been smarter with his OC hires.

But his firing was not that controversial, especially in light of a brand new AD.

TheCusian said:
Not flimsy at all. Bad decision that he doubled down on. I stuck up for Shafer a lot and took truck loads of cheap from people here for a lot it. I still wish he'd been smarter with his OC hires. But his firing was not that controversial, especially in light of a brand new AD.

Yeah he didn't pay attention to the board last season if he thinks you have an agenda against Shafer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom