Louisville is stacked | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville is stacked

Isn't it the coach's responsibility to pay attention to what is happening in the game and protect his players?
The guy that hit Dungey took an upper body blindside shot on him which should get a player thrown out for at least 3 games . That is the issue here . Any player hit like that would wind up injured.

The guy that hit Dungey took an upper body blindside shot on him which should get a player thrown out for at least 3 games . That is the issue here . Any player hit like that would wind up injured.
Exactly...and perfect example why you don't leave, arguably, the best QB since McNabb in a game that is out of reach. Considering ED's injury history, this decision was a no-brainer.

He was cleared to play by a doctor . Just another flimsy charge against Shafer . Like I have been saying IF progress isn't so fast with Dino , don't start looking for issues .

Flimsy...LOL

Xm8wt96w4G-6.png

If we are losing by a lot late in the game this year , should all the starters come out ? Just play 3rd and 4th string seniors that for all intents and purposes are done with their playing career . Or is this consideration just for special players on offense . Hind site is 20/20 and if Eric didn't get hit , this would not have been an issue .

Couple things:

1. During the game, the chat room was going crazy when he came back in. That wasn't hindsight.
2. They were going crazy because... He already had the CMU hit, the Pitt hit. He's a true freshman, forced into action because of an injury to another QB. He looks to be the future of the program. You're going to risk him in mop up time?

So yes, it would be consideration for the most important position on a football team and given the circumstances in #2 above.

If we are losing by a lot late in the game this year , should all the starters come out ? Just play 3rd and 4th string seniors that for all intents and purposes are done with their playing career . Or is this consideration just for special players on offense . Hind site is 20/20 and if Eric didn't get hit , this would not have been an issue .
Surely you must know that there aren't any "3rd and 4th string" players at an away game, right? Pretty much just the 1s and 2s.

Surely you must know that there aren't any "3rd and 4th string" players at an away game, right? Pretty much just the 1s and 2s.
Then they will have come along for just such occasions . There is no hard and fast rule on this issue . Eli Manning played every minuet of the games last after the Giants were eliminated from playoff contention . I know he's pro , maybe that makes it worse . I've watch a lot of college football and some coaches leave them in and some take them out.

Then they will have come along for just such occasions . There is no hard and fast rule on this issue . Eli Manning played every minuet of the games last after the Giants were eliminated from playoff contention . I know he's pro , maybe that makes it worse . I've watch a lot of college football and some coaches leave them in and some take them out.

Do those other coaches use a 3 concussion and you're out policy?

Nope. To suggest that is ludicrous.

Just bought tickets for this game today. Let's hope we steamroll Colgate and the buzz builds so we bring in a large crowd.

Nope. To suggest that is ludicrous.
What if he was cleared on the sidelines and went to the coaches and said he wanted to go back ? If you say no , that can put something into a young persons mind that can really grow into a psychosis . I think back to the lobotomy the Yankees did on Joba Chaimberlin with the " Joba Rules".

What if he was cleared on the sidelines and went to the coaches and said he wanted to go back ? If you say no , that can put something into a young persons mind that can really grow into a psychosis . I think back to the lobotomy the Yankees did on Joba Chaimberlin with the " Joba Rules".
If the coach says no, it's no. Period. And to suggest that would lead to psychosis is ludicrous.

If the coach says no, it's no. Period. And to suggest that would lead to psychosis is ludicrous.
Just for future reference , at what point does a coach throw in the towel during a game ? I don't like to second guess coaches , so I would like to know when that is by your standards .

Again, no.

CousCuse said:
Just for future reference , at what point does a coach throw in the towel during a game ? I don't like to second guess coaches , so I would like to know when that is by your standards .

When you can't possibly score enough points in the time given is a good start.

Louisville is going to be very, very good. They're loaded with NFL talent (10th most according to NFL.com) and have one of the best coaches in college football. They're better than the Louisville and West Virginia teams we thrashed under Marrone. Winning would be like beating Virginia Tech in 2002.

CousCuse said:

Wait. Weren't you the one who said I don't know a lot about college football?

Coaches decide. The end.

Wait. Weren't you the one who said I don't know a lot about college football?

Coaches decide. The end.
I apologize for saying that , you are obviously a football fanatic who spends a lot of your free time thinking about the subject .

What's this thread supposed to be about again? Oh that's right...the tough match up with Louisville, they are supposedly stacked...can we get back to the thread subject? I read somewhere that Louisville oline could have some questions going into the season...

Based on how folks perceive Louisville Football, their tremendous coach, NFL talent all over the place, etc., etc...

'F IT We should just forfeit and save ourselves the trouble.

Can't compare college to pro's. Eli is making multi-million dollars to play QB. He has never had a concussion to boot. That is a horrible analogy.

And Eli isn't the starting QB of an option-based offense. I was really pulling for FHCSS, but that was the dumbest (of many) decision he made as our HC.

Can't compare college to pro's. Eli is making multi-million dollars to play QB. He has never had a concussion to boot. That is a horrible analogy.
It is easy to insult people on internet boards , especially someone public like a coach . The guy got fired and is gone but people still can resist taking digs at him . This thread was about the Lville game , and someone had to bring up an issue which is done and over . As for this years game , if Babers could pull off a win in 2nd game of his first year here against a team with as much mojo as Ville has got going , it would be a minor miracle .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom