Louisville still at it on Rivals | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville still at it on Rivals

So, a bunch of guys who mostly walked into programs that were already good, an old defensive coach and a guy who might be good. Even if all of those were true, you would consider Brohm at 6? right? None of those other coaches had schools attempting to poach them. Purdue paid what was necessary to keep the guy they wanted. A guy who has done incredibly well as an OC and HC for the last 10 years. He's 47. Purdue keeping him now means they could have him for another 20 years. It's worth the investment

Again, we can agree to disagree, but it's not "maybe if this is true." It's true. The coach that "might be good" took a one win UCF team and got it an—albeit feebly—contested national championship. Maybe Purdue will have him for 20 years; maybe not. Regardless, they overpaid for him this year.

Again, we can agree to disagree, but it's not "maybe if this is true." It's true. The coach that "might be good" took a one win UCF team and got it an—albeit feebly—contested national championship. Maybe Purdue will have him for 20 years; maybe not. Regardless, they overpaid for him this year.
History has shown that hiring a coach is a 50/50 coin flip in regards to them working out. I'd rather pay a premium for a known quantity

That’s my point. Sometimes the best move is to let them go. Maybe /maybe not but 6 mil
is dumb money for a coach with his resume. Being serious and being stupid about football are two different things.

I dont necessarily disagree, but the Big 10 West is pretty wide open. There's no reason Purdue can't do a lot of damage. Get to the title game and get lucky against one of OSU, Michy, or PSU, and off to the Rose they go.

That’s my point. Sometimes the best move is to let them go. Maybe /maybe not but 6 mil
is dumb money for a coach with his resume. Being serious and being stupid about football are two different things.

$6 mil/yr at Purdue. I wish there were signs of excess anywhere.

If the coach made 1/2 that ($3M) they could pay all 85 scholarship players $35k a year with the other $3M.

Definitely not a crazy amount of excess money in football :rolleyes:
This is the best post I have read today. It has a big, up-front "haha" taste, but the long tail goes, "Ooooo, you know what? yeah..."

3 of those bowl games were when he was at WKU in CUSA. I'm not saying he's not a good coach, but let's get real. He isn't the 3rd best coach in the B1G.
Let me know how much that OSU win made him. Some guys have made some good points on hear but we need to pay Dino. Market is calling for it. I just don’t wanna lose him.

Let me know how much that OSU win made him. Some guys have made some good points on hear but we need to pay Dino. Market is calling for it. I just don’t wanna lose him.

I'm not arguing against paying Dino; I'm arguing against paying Dino 6M. I'd happily pay Dino 4M and match for his staff.

I'm not arguing against paying Dino; I'm arguing against paying Dino 6M. I'd happily pay Dino 4M and match for his staff.
No u miss understand I agree that’s a lot but he beat OSU. That’s their stepping stone. What. If we beat Clemson 55-24 would u not wanna pay Dino more than 5 to keep him I would that’s what I’m saying. We didn’t and I agree but if we did?

Brohm could still leave Purdue down the road when a bigger job than Louisville opens up.
Maybe he just didn’t want to go home with that mess now.

Brohm could still leave Purdue down the road when a bigger job than Louisville opens up.
Maybe he just didn’t want to go home with that mess now.
He's scared of DFB. ;)

No u miss understand I agree that’s a lot but he beat OSU. That’s their stepping stone. What. If we beat Clemson 55-24 would u not wanna pay Dino more than 5 to keep him I would that’s what I’m saying. We didn’t and I agree but if we did?

I don't know if I would, but again, who knows? I want to pay Dino, but there are limits to what we can and should pay for him. I'll let Wildhack decide what that is. It's likely 4M. It could be 5M, but I feel like any more isn't worth it.

I don't know if I would, but again, who knows? I want to pay Dino, but there are limits to what we can and should pay for him. I'll let Wildhack decide what that is. It's likely 4M. It could be 5M, but I feel like any more isn't worth it.
Ur right but that signature win by that margin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom