Louisville still at it on Rivals | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville still at it on Rivals

Dino will show up on the Purdue Top 10 names list when it comes out (Thamel, Feldman, whoever).

It's not USC but I think it's still better leverage for Dino's agent than Maryland, Colorado, Texas Tech, or Louisville.

I'm planning on hearing the noise. But I think it's all about negotiation with SU, nothing more.

Dino will show up on the Purdue Top 10 names list when it comes out (Thamel, Feldman, whoever).

It's not USC but I think it's still better leverage for Dino's agent than Maryland, Colorado, Texas Tech, or Louisville.

I'm planning on hearing the noise. But I think it's all about negotiation with SU, nothing more.
When Locksley gets the Maryland job will Dino be on the list for Alabama OC and HCIW?

Gotta think Scott Satterfield or Seth Littrell. Maybe a guy like Jason Candle or Mike Norvell too. If I'm Ville AD, those are the guys I'm reaching out to (if they havent already). I think UNC is going to look very stupid for not hiring Satterfield

Gotta think Scott Satterfield or Seth Littrell. Maybe a guy like Jason Candle or Mike Norvell too. If I'm Ville AD, those are the guys I'm reaching out to (if they havent already). I think UNC is going to look very stupid for not hiring Satterfield
Yep

Brohm getting $6M / year. Good lord.

Just posted this in the other thread about this. Crazy stuff. Good for Purdue for ponying up for the guy they wanted to keep long term.

When Locksley gets the Maryland job will Dino be on the list for Alabama OC and HCIW?

I can't understand why anyone would hire Locksley to be a HC. But with that 3-31 career HC record...what do I know?

Maybe they can chase Greg Robinson if Locksley isn't available lol.

Some folks on their site are already claiming to stop supporting the team and to burn all of their apparel if they hire Satterfield or Neal Brown. I think either one of those guys would do well there. Satterfield more so.

Yeah he is . . . not worth that at this point. That's BONKERS.

He is about to coach in his 5th straight bowl game (every year he's been a head coach), he's won every bowl game he's coached in, and currently has a top 20 recruiting class coming in. The guy is worth every penny if the school is serious about investing in football. Purdue just proved they are.

He is about to coach in his 5th straight bowl game (every year he's been a head coach), he's won every bowl game he's coached in, and currently has a top 20 recruiting class coming in. The guy is worth every penny if the school is serious about investing in football. Purdue just proved they are.

3 of those bowl games were when he was at WKU in CUSA. I'm not saying he's not a good coach, but let's get real. He isn't the 3rd best coach in the B1G.

3 of those bowl games were when he was at WKU in CUSA. I'm not saying he's not a good coach, but let's get real. He isn't the 3rd best coach in the B1G.

Yeah, he took over WKU and had double-digit win seasons and conference championships in 2/3 years. I honestly can't think of a whole lot of coaches in the BIG that I would take over him. Urban and who else for sure is better? He's definitely in the discussion for top 5 coaches in that conference at the very least. Purdue maybe paid a slight premium to keep the guy they wanted. He's worth it.

Yeah, he took over WKU and had double-digit win seasons and conference championships in 2/3 years. I honestly can't think of a whole lot of coaches in the BIG that I would take over him. Urban and who else for sure is better? He's definitely in the discussion for top 5 coaches in that conference at the very least. Purdue maybe paid a slight premium to keep the guy they wanted. He's worth it.

We can agree to disagree, but at this point, Urban is better, Dantonio is better, Harbaugh is better (albeit, he's an ass), Chryst is better, and Frost will likely end up being better. They didn't pay a slight premium; they overpaid. He does not deserve to be the third highest paid coach in the B1G at this point.

We can agree to disagree, but at this point, Urban is better, Dantonio is better, Harbaugh is better (albeit, he's an ass), Chryst is better, and Frost will likely end up being better.

So, a bunch of guys who mostly walked into programs that were already good, an old defensive coach and a guy who might be good. Even if all of those were true, you would consider Brohm at 6? right? None of those other coaches had schools attempting to poach them. Purdue paid what was necessary to keep the guy they wanted. A guy who has done incredibly well as an OC and HC for the last 10 years. He's 47. Purdue keeping him now means they could have him for another 20 years. It's worth the investment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom