Louisville vs Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Louisville vs Rutgers

Rutgers will win

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Which team will win their game?
Louisville has the better offense. RU is quite impotent.
Rutgers has the better defense. The troubled UL secondary is going to have a tough time covering the RU WRs, especially given UL has no pass rush at all.
Rutgers also has a big advantage with their special teams units.
And the game is at Rutgers.

I think Rutgers will probably win, but they will lose to UC.

No top 25 teams in the Big East this season, but there are 4 good teams not too far from that level.

Which team will win their game?

Well they have 5 between them...

It should be noted here, I stalk the Ville a lot. Many of the Card faithful saw our game as the hardest left (UC for the year) I really think they match up much better with Rutgers than Syracuse. We have a dynamic offense led by a 5th year QB with Lemon Sales West, Rutgers has Gary freakin Nova and Coleman (who is IMO the purely gifted WR in the league)
Kyle Flood and Gary Nova are <<<<<<<< Charlie Strong and Teddy Bridgewater

Where Rutgers can win is obviously specials, the Ville is a train wreck there.

I see it playing out like this.

Rutgers loses out (@ UC this weekend, @ Pitt and the Ville) 4-3

UC and UofL both Finish 6-1. H2H and ranking Ville still last BCS pick.

Syracuse in 3rd at 5-2, we would have to play like we did @Minny to lose to Temple.

cinci beats rutgers. UL loses to Uconn

really think Pitt beats rutgers as well. USF will give Cinci all it wants to try and save the coach

that makes the last two weeks really interesting.

too bad we blew the cinci game or we could have clinched vs temple.

cinci beats rutgers. UL loses to Uconn

really think Pitt beats rutgers as well. USF will give Cinci all it wants to try and save the coach

that makes the last two weeks really interesting.

too bad we blew the cinci game or we could have clinched vs temple.
Who wins UL Cincy?

simply incredible that any of those teams will get to play in a BCS bowl game - even if SU was still in the BE I would be appalled by the prospect of one of those teams representing a conference in the BCS...

Rutgers does not win out, I think they lose to both Cincy and Louisville. I'm not bashing Rutgers, just stating my opinion that their defense is solid but not as great as everyone pretends. Rutgers has a weak offense and their receivers may be big, but they were essentially ineffective against Syracuse so I don't think they will be a major factor against Cincy or Louisville. Both Louisville and Cincy can score , I think their offenses win over Rutgers' D. Rutgers got a lucky break versus Syracuse. Cincy and Louisville will be tough and have played tougher schedules than Rutgers.

simply incredible that any of those teams will get to play in a BCS bowl game...I would be appalled by the prospect of one of those teams representing a conference in the BCS...

Good thing that won't be a problem for the Big East after 2014 much.

I'll take L'ville.

I watched a lot of the Army vs. RU game this Saturday while my SU vs. L'ville stream was pathetic. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot. Army statisically dominated the game and easily could've been up 21-24 to 7 early 4th quarter. To that point, they had twice fumbled (unforced error type) in the red zone and missed two field goals as well. With about 10 minutes to go, Army had the ball in Rutgers territory again and self inflicted with yet another turnover leading to RU's ensuing TD and first lead of the game at 14-7. On the next possession, Army snapped it over the head of its punter and RU recovered at the one punching it in a play later...21-7 and the falsely perceived rout was on. RU was not impressive at all...very lucky again to pull out that W.

Rutgers is going to close the season losing 3 straight. Cincy this weekend, then Pitt and then LVille.

I'll take L'ville.

I watched a lot of the Army vs. RU game this Saturday while my SU vs. L'ville stream was pathetic. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot. Army statisically dominated the game and easily could've been up 21-24 to 7 early 4th quarter. To that point, they had twice fumbled (unforced error type) in the red zone and missed two field goals as well. With about 10 minutes to go, Army had the ball in Rutgers territory again and self inflicted with yet another turnover leading to RU's ensuing TD and first lead of the game at 14-7. On the next possession, Army snapped it over the head of its punter and RU recovered at the one punching it in a play later...21-7 and the falsely perceived rout was on. RU was not impressive at all...very lucky again to pull out that W.

Army statiscally dominated the game. Rutgers managed a whopping 250 yards of offense and gave up 337. Army is 2-8. Stony Brook beat up Army 23-3 this year and put up over 400 yards on them.

Rutgers is typically a very lucky team, the smoke and mirrors charade continues.

If they manage to win the league this year then I'll tip my cap to them - they'll have earned. Their last 3 games are at Cincy, at Pitt and home to Lville

Don't know about Louisville game, but I'll be very surprised if RU doesn't lose at least one more. Think new coachitis is going to kick in.

Have a feeling there will be a shared BE title this year.

I have to give credit to Rutgers because they keep winning, but really, they haven't played anyone. They force TOs and don't beat themselves, which is supremely important because they have one of the most ineffective offenses in D1. But they are good for 1 defensive TD and a special teams TD almost every game. I still get ticked off that we lost to them with all of the self-inflicted damage (same with Cincy).

AS for UL at RU, I think it depends on what happens with RU the next 2 weeks. If they go 1-1 or better then I think RU wins due to the energy they will have for a home finale for the BE title. If they go 0-2 the next two, I think UL wins by a couple of TDs. I wouldn't be surprised by either outcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom