Luke Benson | Syracusefan.com

Luke Benson

UD1954

Scout Team
l wonder what his thoughts are now on transferring .... could excelled with our new OC.

I wonder if they would have had Benson and Gadsden on the field at the same time. How was Benson at blocking? He was a smallish guys, so if his blocking wasn't good enough to beat out Mang, I'm not sure he plays much because I think Gadsden takes his snaps.

Not sure how much he’d play aside from special teams. Oronde’s got better hands, blocks better, and gets YAC.

Im gonna be honest I forgot all about Luke. Think some “fast” players end up with unrealistic expectations on this board. Hope he’s able to have a great college career

Not sure how much he’d play aside from special teams. Oronde’s got better hands, blocks better, and gets YAC.

Im gonna be honest I forgot all about Luke. Think some “fast” players end up with unrealistic expectations on this board. Hope he’s able to have a great college career
To be fair, the expectations increased when he scored some long touchdowns outrunning people. It was maddening seeing our passing game struggle last year knowing we had a guy that had been productive before that was getting so few looks. All that being said, Oronde's better.

To be fair, the expectations increased when he scored some long touchdowns outrunning people. It was maddening seeing our passing game struggle last year knowing we had a guy that had been productive before that was getting so few looks. All that being said, Oronde's better.
Sure, no doubt. I just see him as a decent home run threat but I’m not sure what else.

Respectfully, Gadsden isn't actually playing TE.
He's playing more of a hybrid which l think gives him favorable matchups because l don't think he has the speed to take the top off a defense ... that being said he has the best hands l've seen on a Syracuse receiver in a long time

Respectfully, Gadsden isn't actually playing TE.
But was Benson? He wasn't ever in with an expectation to be a good at blocking, was he? In this offense, wouldn't he have the Gadsden role?

But was Benson? He wasn't ever in with an expectation to be a good at blocking, was he? In this offense, wouldn't he have the Gadsden role?
I think his role would be similar to Gadsden's, but Benson definitely lined up as a regular TE last season.

We don't really see Gadsden putting his finger in the dirt, er, field turf at all.

Edited to add - you know who seems to be in position and run the most similar routes to Gadsden? Cooper.

I think his role would be similar to Gadsden's, but Benson definitely lined up as a regular TE last season.

We don't really see Gadsden putting his finger in the dirt, er, field turf at all.

Edited to add - you know who seems to be in position and run the most similar routes to Gadsden? Cooper.
I wonder if Benson would line up the same way this year as last.

Where would Benson fit on our O? Where is he an upgrade?

Where would Benson fit on our O? Where is he an upgrade?
He would have been playing alot of 2nd TE in a 2 WR set and single TE also. We don't play it because we don't have the personnel to do it. But it's definitely in the old UVA offense, just not our. Would have helped to diversify our offense which is always a good thing.

I don't think hes any good. Was surprised he found a P5 school to go to and didn't have to drop down.

A skinny TE like Benson was wouldn't help us at all. OG is an upgrade as the same skill type playing the same position.

I don't think hes any good. Was surprised he found a P5 school to go to and didn't have to drop down.
He surprised a few teams with his straight line speed and people thought he was one of the best weapons they’ve seen at Cuse. I’m not putting his stuff out there but he had limitations. Doesn’t mean the staff could have gave him more slide and drag routes in PA pass plays.

He surprised a few teams with his straight line speed and people thought he was one of the best weapons they’ve seen at Cuse. I’m not putting his stuff out there but he had limitations. Doesn’t mean the staff could have gave him more slide and drag routes in PA pass plays.
I was one of those that was really excited for him. We really have never had a TE with that kind of speed.

Except maybe if you count OG... ;)

I expect we will see a major reversal of fortunes recruiting TEs in future years. I sure hope so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom