Lull in Commitments | Syracusefan.com

Lull in Commitments

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
Our last verbal was received from Augustus Edwards back on July 10, 2012. Since that time UCONN and South Florida have received 7 verbals each. Cincinnati, WVU and Boston College have each received 6 verbals since July 10. Pitt has received 4 and Rutgers and Temple have 3 each.

Anyone think there is any reason for concern? I don't, but I'm getting a little impatient for the next announcement. Sue me.

This is often a dead time in the recruiting game. It's football season after all. Plus, we're waiting on the decisions of a bunch of guys who are withholding their answers until late in the process.

Already g
Our last verbal was received from Augustus Edwards back on July 10, 2012. Since that time UCONN and South Florida have received 7 verbals each. Cincinnati, WVU and Boston College have each received 6 verbals since July 10. Pitt has received 4 and Rutgers and Temple have 3 each.

Anyone think there is any reason for concern? I don't, but I'm getting a little impatient for the next announcement. Sue me.
oing into twitch symptoms for lack of positive news like commits from quality prospects.Give me smith and Officer for starters. If there is a high end CB or WR on the list that would be great. Minimum two high end O-line kids. Not projects.We must move up from the"coach up" kids.We need the ready and able types now.

Already g
oing into twitch symptoms for lack of positive news like commits from quality prospects.Give me smith and Officer for starters. If there is a high end CB or WR on the list that would be great. Minimum two high end O-line kids. Not projects.We must move up from the"coach up" kids.We need the ready and able types now.

You do realize that when it comes to offensive lineman that it is fairly rare for true freshman to be able to play right away. It's not like runningback, Olineman need to develop regardless of how highly rated they are. Getting a true freshman starter on the offensive line would be pretty surprising.

You do realize that when it comes to offensive lineman that it is fairly rare for true freshman to be able to play right away. It's not like runningback, Olineman need to develop regardless of how highly rated they are. Getting a true freshman starter on the offensive line would be pretty surprising.
A true freshman starting O-lineman would mean our line is in big trouble.

i just went into our committment list looking for a kid named "lull" in there thinking thats what was meant by this thread

i need more sleep

Coach was very positive about the class of 2013 at the luncheon today. He could not mention any names but a QB out of TX had a great visit this weekend and left town this morning.

Sounds like recruiting for the 2013 class is about done and they are on to the class of 2014.

Coach was very positive about the class of 2013 at the luncheon today. He could not mention any names but a QB out of TX had a great visit this weekend and left town this morning.

Sounds like recruiting for the 2013 class is about done and they are on to the class of 2014.

How can recruiting be done? We don't even have enough commits plus until they sign, it can change. We are about 12 short. We heard last year we were done and had kids locked up with silents and then didn't end up being true.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Where did I say that a freshman lineman is required to play next year? We need to develop depth so we need to bring in quality players I think we need about two this year with Officer being one of them. Next year off the top of my head would show Emerich Pugh Hickey Palmer and maybe Foy out there which is not bad considering Knapp is on the sideline waiting. He might replace on e of the preiously mentioned names.:eek:

How can recruiting be done? We don't even have enough commits plus until they sign, it can change. We are about 12 short. We heard last year we were done and had kids locked up with silents and then didn't end up being true.

Question is do we have silent verbals? ... If that is the case then maybe they are closer to done than we realize ... is it likely that is the case ... No but heck if kids are keeping a lid on it so they can just take some trips all the power to them.

I would assume they head coach would know more than Scout or Rivals about what kids are solid commits to the program. He was very confident at the luncheon about the QB from TX (although he did not mention him by name) visit this weekend.

I would assume they head coach would know more than Scout or Rivals about what kids are solid commits to the program. He was very confident at the luncheon about the QB from TX (although he did not mention him by name) visit this weekend.

It was Zach Allen and he thoroughly loved his visit. He is a very solid commit at this point.

We've got 6-8 guys in the multiple BCS offer, will officially visit category.

Ogundeko, Officer, Curtis, L. Smith, Peters off the top of my head. Some of them may be silent verbals for all we know.

There's also 2 or 3 LB recruits that we've consistently been mentioned with. Nagchie and Benton specifically.

Ogundeko, Officer, Curtis, L. Smith, Peters off the top of my head. Some of them may be silent verbals for all we know.

There's also 2 or 3 LB recruits that we've consistently been mentioned with. Nagchie and Benton specifically.

Benton would be HUGE. It would give us a LB with great size and speed. It would also make a few people happy that he is from Jersey as well...

Who's Nagchie?

Yeah, recruiting for this class is done in February. Maybe they have a bit more time to work on 2014 if they have a lot of schollies accounted for with verbals, but in no way are they done recruiting even the kids they have.

What is a silent verbal? i ask this earnestly, not to be a pr!ck. I mean, what good is it to have a silent verbal and how does it work? The whole notion seems bizarre in the sense that public verbals are in absolutely no way, shape or form the least bit binding.

What is a silent verbal? i ask this earnestly, not to be a pr!ck. I mean, what good is it to have a silent verbal and how does it work? The whole notion seems bizarre in the sense that public verbals are in absolutely no way, shape or form the least bit binding.

i think it's just a term fans who are in the dark created.

recruit tells staff they are committing. Kid doesn't publicize it, staff doesn't tell anybody = silent commitment.

recruit tells staff they are committing. Kid doesn't publicize it, staff doesn't tell anybody = silent commitment.

More or less. I use it in the case where a kid has committed to the staff but it's not made public because he wants to have an announcement ceremony, or he has committed but would still like to take other visits. One is an unpublicized verbal, the other an unpublicized soft verbal.

Sometimes if it's an under the radar guy, there may be a lag as well in the reporting of a verbal because there's not much in the way of recruiting services or reporting services following him or interviewing him.

Silent but deadly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom