Lunardi on ACCN this morning | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi on ACCN this morning

I met him at a Nats - Phils game, super nice guy and has a great sense of humor about himself and about the Cuse bubble stuff.

Only in America can someone get paid to do what he does.

Yeah I met him at a conference at St. Joe's a few Summers ago. He hung around for the entirety of the conference, including attending the social events. When he found out that my co-worker and I were from Syracuse and big SU fans, he pre-empted us by saying "I don't know what Syracuse's prospects for the tourney are this upcoming season!" He was a nice guy. Chatted with us for a good 15-20 minutes.

Lunardi should compare us to Ville. They skipped games @vt, virginia twice, syracuse twice, Pitt with (champaigne this time.) Nc state, plus greensboro the first place team in the southern division.
Fla state cancelled us and Wake would of probably put us at 17 wins

Our 2 wins against nc state balences their two against duke.
Leaving us with 3 good home wins to their 2. So basically we just cancel two tough road games we lost, and we would be in to with an easier uneeded acc tournament game.

Howbout Georgia tech. they are 14-8, to our 15-8, and got to play nebraska dead last in Big 10.
wins floridastate clemson, unc, cuse at home (to bad we didnt get them at home) vt on the road.

UNC is 15-9
no good road wins, only fla state ville wake forest and us at home.

We are closer to those 3 teams than it looks. Stupid Pitt late game rebounding blunder.
They only skipped the @UVa game. UVa and Louisville are still scheduled to play Saturday @ Louisville. It's the "traditional" season-closer that replaced the UVa-Maryland traditional season closer.

Honestly what do you want Lunardi to say? He just admitted he can't get Cuse right. He's admitting Cuse is very difficult to project and that he has been wrong before. I honestly don't know what the problem is with him saying that, and why we devoted a thread to trash him
because syracuse fans are insecure. and we also need something to talk about.

Once sat behind Lunardi when he was the color analyst on the St. Joe’s radio broadcast. Was one of the more demonstrative color analysts I’ve seen. He would flail his arms like he was auditioning to be the Hawk mascot.
Why does that not shock me?

Honestly what do you want Lunardi to say? He just admitted he can't get Cuse right. He's admitting Cuse is very difficult to project and that he has been wrong before. I honestly don't know what the problem is with him saying that, and why we devoted a thread to trash him
Well put. It's hard to give him credibility a lot of the time. I actually enjoyed the part when he said he should recluse himself from doing any kind of projections for Syracuse, it was actually funny. I also enjoyed his comments about the possibility of us playing Duke in the 8/9 game which could very well be a "play-in" game for two HOF coaches. This particular interview is probably one of the most enjoyable I have witnessed from him.

Anyone who brags about how good they are at their job, even if they ARE good at their job, deserve derision. He is also not good at his job. So thread created, and I stand behind it
So wait a minute ... aren't you essentially doing the same thing Lunardi does, except within the context of this thread?

Bracketology/Done Well is to Lunardi, is akin to ...
Thread Creating/Done Well is to Ragman2000

YOU now officially have the full force of my complete derision.

Lunardi: "I'm not good at picking SU."
SU fans: "You're not good at picking SU! Wait what? DON'T AGREE WITH ME."
This is a great oversimplification of what I said. What makes him annoying is him bragging about how good he is at his job when he's clearly not. But feel free to spin it however makes you happy.

Lunardi has SMU lumped with Cuse in the Next Four out group and they have ZERO quad one or quad two wins. He's so incredibly bad at what he does.
SMU has 4 Q2 wins lol

SU fans are legendary in their insecurity, and what better place to showcase it then here...on a message board...for SU sports?
No worries- I’m just waiting for the perennial;
“ Doug Gottlieb is a (fill-in-the-blank), because he said something about us” thread!

Last edited:
I feel like we as Syracuse fans always feel like we have more work to do than we really do. It seems like those years that we think are really tight or we're on the outside looking in, we squeeze in.

We were robbed wholeheartedly in 2007. In 2008 & 2017, I think we had a pretty strong case. But outside of that, I feel like when we're close, we get in.

Can't wait for Saturday. I think a W there puts us in a good place.

No Q1 would typically be a dagger, but this year that may slide a bit.

I feel like we as Syracuse fans always feel like we have more work to do than we really do. It seems like those years that we think are really tight or we're on the outside looking in, we squeeze in.

We were robbed wholeheartedly in 2007. In 2008 & 2017, I think we had a pretty strong case. But outside of that, I feel like when we're close, we get in.

Can't wait for Saturday. I think a W there puts us in a good place.

No Q1 would typically be a dagger, but this year that may slide a bit.
What’s Saturday? Did we add a game?

I've seen ALL over the place that with one more win, we're in. I'll feel better with 2 but it will be interesting

I'd love to know how much ESPN pays Lunardi for this bracketology gig. But have to give him credit for thinking this schtick up many moons ago.

Lunardi would have made a better proctologist than a bracketologist. I apologize to any proctologists or their family and friends and to anyone who deems my quip as making light of a very important medical procedure that can save lives. I especially want to apologize to Alsacs because I know my attempt at humour will cause him great angst and distress.

This may be a newsflash, but Lunardi is a complete dooooosh.

On Packer and Durham this morning, "I know that it's easy to come across like the kid in the back of the class who thinks he knows everything, nobody likes that guy...but I'm pretty good at this, and I can never get Syracuse right. I just can't do it. They're my kryptonite. So to answer the question, 'what does Syracuse need to do?' Pay me a lot of money to leave them out, and then they're a lock. Good lord the last time I picked against them they went to the final four."

I would argue he's worse than the kid in the back of the class who thinks he knows everything, he's the dumbest kid in the class who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Ironically, if we were to pick an NCAA tourney of good bracketologists, he would not be an at-large pick.
At least Lunardi admits he doesn’t know how to judge us and always gets us wrong. But, yea, he might have popularized bracketology, but he’s not the best at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom