Lunardi still has us in but dropped to 11th seed in South.. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi still has us in but dropped to 11th seed in South..

Flame out? I think they had really one disappointing season recently losing to Wichita St. last year in the first round as a 6 seed I think. Otherwise we are talking THREE E8s between 2011-2015. 2 of them losing to Wisconsin in which one was in OT and we know how excellent those Wisonsin Kaminsky/Dekker teams were. They also lost a Sweet 16 game to a Craft OSU team because LaQuinton Ross hit a game winning 3. They have been very consistent and obviously producing in the Tourney. If just because Miller doesn't have his F4 (more on bad luck than anything else) discredits how consistent and solid Arizona has been in season and in the post-season; then I don't know what to tell you. Has Syracuse been a more solid program than Arizona the past 5-7 years because of our F4s? The answer is no.
People have no clue

Meh. Cuse fans will laugh at other programs "underachieving" and then make every excuse under the sun for our past failures.

I mean, three elite eights in six years. One an OT loss. What underachievers.
Well we're using different measuring sticks then - almost counts as much as actually getting there?
Syracuse underachieved a whole bunch in the late 80s and early 90s with the ridiculous talent on hand (and a couple of times since then, too) - not hard to acknowledge that

but you are wise and all-seeing!

You're so annoying man. You love attacking people, just like in the thread earlier about WSU. You said mathiang is better than lammers...that should have been an automatic 2 week ban.

at what point do you stop using the woe-is-me hard luck excuse, though? Ultimately success in this sport at this level amounts to F4s and rings. Coaches like Miller and Bennett shouldn't be included in the pantheon of greats yet.
Arizona's winning % has been great, and Miller (thanks Book) is one of the elite recruiters, but... I think you're being a bit disingenuous or maybe biased if you try and argue that they haven't underachieved in the tourney with the ridiculous talent they have every year
Is Ollie better than Miller and Bennett ?

Patiently awaiting your reply. Pls respond.

You love attacking people
you know that expression about the pot and the kettle? all you ever do on here is attack people - cuz yeah, expressing my opinion hating Marshall/WSU is quite an attack on another poster... but hey man that edgy snark of yours is why people keep coming back here!

you know that expression about the pot and the kettle? all you ever do on here is attack people - cuz yeah, expressing my opinion hating Marshall/WSU is quite an attack on another poster... but hey man that edgy snark of yours is why people keep coming back here!

You're welcome.

Is Ollie better than Miller and Bennett ?

Patiently awaiting your reply. Pls respond.
Of course there's no hard, fast rule and there are always going to be exceptions and anomalies. Kevin Ollie (thanks mostly to Shabazz Napier) is the epitome of anomaly. So, no, Ollie is not better than either of those coaches.

Agree 100%. That's also the reason [I believe] why Lunardi gets worked up when the committee's results don't match his own.

I view bracketology as a high-level bench mark, at best -- hardly a source of "truth" about how the field will shake out. .

I totally agree with this. They try to make it like "Joey Brackets" is a freaking genius, but all they are really measuring is if he gets the right 64 (I will never accept "68") teams overall. He never gets the whole thing right. But they act like he does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom