Class of 2015 - Lydon, Bryant, Dienge - who's the 2 guard? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Lydon, Bryant, Dienge - who's the 2 guard?

I felt we lost because MCW, James and Triche had poor offensive games. We held Mich low enough to win and would have been matched up against a team we had beaten in the Championship. I do feel that we were lacking enough offensively as a team and that was why we couldn't quite pull it off.

And even though we underperformed offensively, we were still just a couple bad calls away from the title game. We are playing at a very high level these days. No complaints here. But if we want to get over the hump in the next couple years, that's my only concern about the roster. Otherwise, we will continue to be loaded with players geared to our system.

And even though we underperformed offensively, we were still just a couple bad calls away from the title game. We are playing at a very high level these days. No complaints here. But if we want to get over the hump in the next couple years, that's my only concern about the roster. Otherwise, we will continue to be loaded with players geared to our system.
it was the 3 3pts from about 100' collectively that killed us. The hole we could not get out of.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

You do recall that Dion wasn't a great 3 point shooter right? The type of player you want and are describing would be someone in the top 5 and every program in the country would want him. Think we will be fine. Cooney looked great during MM. I think he's turning the corner.

Because right now, our best (non-frosh) shooter is missing 3 out of 4 from deep and can't seem to settle down and play.
Little premature. We have to make sure we can replace players we haven't even seen yet? Are we expecting that every player we bring in for 2015 is going to have to start as a freshman? Sounds like everyone we bring in is either going early to the NBA or not worth playing time ever. How about we keep bringing in roster balanced classes and see what the coaches can put on the court. It appears to me that in 2 years we'll stillhave the same 4 options at the 2 guard as we do this year. If they're not going to be good enough in 2 years what does that say about this year?

Little premature. We have to make sure we can replace players we haven't even seen yet? Are we expecting that every player we bring in for 2015 is going to have to start as a freshman? Sounds like everyone we bring in is either going early to the NBA or not worth playing time ever. How about we keep bringing in roster balanced classes and see what the coaches can put on the court. It appears to me that in 2 years we'll stillhave the same 4 options at the 2 guard as we do this year. If they're not going to be good enough in 2 years what does that say about this year?
No doubt it's premature (as O/G pointed out). By 2015, TC will be a senior -- and I hope tearing up the ACC with Scott-Woods-like outside firepower. Not to mention that KJ will be here next season.

My general point was that TC has placed the position in jeopardy temporarily because he's been in a slump for a year + ... we need him to break out of it b/c SG is a pivotal position for the offense and BJ's still finding his sea legs.

I think we need to settle down a little bit. Although Cooney redshirted (technically 2 years), he has only actually played one year of college basketball. Practicing and playing in a game are completely different experiences. It took Rautins time to adjust, I think Cooney will be just fine. It was only MM, but you could see the difference in Cooney's demeanor and shot. Last year he looked like he was rushing everything, he looked calm and cool when he received the ball during MM and knocked down those shots with ease. They looked pure!!!

I felt we lost because MCW, James and Triche had poor offensive games. We held Mich low enough to win and would have been matched up against a team we had beaten in the Championship. I do feel that we were lacking enough offensively as a team and that was why we couldn't quite pull it off.
It was a miracle that we were down 1 with a minute to play with MCW having scored 2 pts. If Hardaway doesn't save that ball, that possession would have been for the lead.

Triche didn't have a poor offensive game. He didn't light it up, but he wasn't the issue in that game. MCW [2 total points] and Southerland [didn't score until the last two minutes of game] were the primary culprits.

I think we need to settle down a little bit. Although Cooney redshirted (technically 2 years), he has only actually played one year of college basketball. Practicing and playing in a game are completely different experiences. It took Rautins time to adjust, I think Cooney will be just fine. It was only MM, but you could see the difference in Cooney's demeanor and shot. Last year he looked like he was rushing everything, he looked calm and cool when he received the ball during MM and knocked down those shots with ease. They looked pure!!!
I'm hoping it is just a maturity thing with Cooney. The kid is a knockdown shooter. I remember watching him in pre-game warmup his redhsirt year. He made 10 straight 3's without even making the net move. If maturity slows the game down for him and he has a relaxed confidence he can be tremendous.

I'm hoping it is just a maturity thing with Cooney. The kid is a knockdown shooter. I remember watching him in pre-game warmup his redhsirt year. He made 10 straight 3's without even making the net move. If maturity slows the game down for him and he has a relaxed confidence he can be tremendous.

Which is what I believe has frustrated the fans whom are so frustrated with him the most. I certainly went into the offseason wondering if he would be a big factor this or if he could be passed by MikeG, Buss or even BJ. The thing he had going for him is that other tha the shooting for a first year guy he played very well IMO. After 4 sorta meaningless Canadian Exhipitions and the Orange Madness (also meaningless) I feel confident that Cooney is ready to take a step toward being the shooter he can be. He just looks (other than early 1st canadian game) to be taking a fraction longer getting his feet set before shooting. I really feel like tyou could see his belief in himself grow over those 4 games and then translate into major confidense in the Orange Madness scrimage. I also think that he seems to be developing a nice report with Ennis who is obviously confident in Trevor's ability to make and take shots which will only help.

Triche didn't have a poor offensive game. He didn't light it up, but he wasn't the issue in that game. MCW [2 total points] and Southerland [didn't score until the last two minutes of game] were the primary culprits.

You very well could be correct, I guess my memory is that with MCW and James obviously having trouble Brandon didn't seem to really try to take over and push things and we intern looked for CJ a lot more instead which worked out well for periods of time.

You very well could be correct, I guess my memory is that with MCW and James obviously having trouble Brandon didn't seem to really try to take over and push things and we intern looked for CJ a lot more instead which worked out well for periods of time.

I think he had 11 or 13 [off the top of my head] and a bunch of assists. Not a huge scoring night, but he had a stretch where he got hot and carried us for a bit, and was much better of a playmaker than MCW that game. I was just pointing out that of all the things that went poorly that day, I wouldn't lump Brandon in. He also got screwed on that drive to the basket toward the end, where he scored but they waved it off as an offensive foul, on a play that would have given us a late lead.

I also don't mean to throw our kids under the bus, but MCW and Southerland just didn't provide enough for us to win. Those guys were important offensive cogs all season long--can't get 7 combined, and 2 combined until Southerland scored his 5 total points in the last 90 seconds or so. That's too much to overcome.

I think he had 11 or 13 [off the top of my head] and a bunch of assists. Not a huge scoring night, but he had a stretch where he got hot and carried us for a bit, and was much better of a playmaker than MCW that game. I was just pointing out that of all the things that went poorly that day, I wouldn't lump Brandon in. He also got screwed on that drive to the basket toward the end, where he scored but they waved it off as an offensive foul, on a play that would have given us a late lead.

I also don't mean to throw our kids under the bus, but MCW and Southerland just didn't provide enough for us to win. Those guys were important offensive cogs all season long--can't get 7 combined, and 2 combined until Southerland scored his 5 total points in the last 90 seconds or so. That's too much to overcome.

I hear you and I wasn't trying to toss any of them under the buss. We struggled for whatever reason that day specifically MCW and James with his shot. Triche definitally got screwed on that call late. He got screwed against OSU as well on the same type of call if you remember. They need to cut that out of the game.

I hear you and I wasn't trying to toss any of them under the buss. We struggled for whatever reason that day specifically MCW and James with his shot. Triche definitally got screwed on that call late. He got screwed against OSU as well on the same type of call if you remember. They need to cut that out of the game.
That awful call still hurts my heart till this day lol.
120324-osu-cuse-ss5_ss_full.jpg

That awful call still hurts my heart till this day lol.
View attachment 5447
I feel that was the most important moment of the game. We had played one of our worst games of the year yet if that charge had not been called, we would have taken the lead after trailing most of the game. You could feel how much that call took the air out of our sails. It still hurts when I remember that play. That said , I cannot remember ever looking forward to the start of a new season. And the first Syracuse basketball game I went to was 1970. Let's go Orangemen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom