Lydon isn't physically mature at this stage... | Syracusefan.com

Lydon isn't physically mature at this stage...

I've convinced myself he's got mutant slender dude strength and will be fine.
I myself have not. He gets tossed around like a rag doll whenever he goes up in the air.

By no means am I suggesting that he's Damone / Hakim as frosh -- kid has a nice frame. In two years, he's going to be a monster with a back to the basket game AND perimeter skills.
Yeah, he's basically Damone/Hakim but with a VASTLY enhanced skill set at the same stage. And a little stronger (those guys were both around 185, Tyler is 200+).

jekelish said:
Yeah, he's basically Damone/Hakim but with a VASTLY enhanced skill set at the same stage. And a little stronger (those guys were both around 185, Tyler is 200+).

That 3pt block was shades of NChamp Hakim

Lydon had 6 boads today last game he had 11.
Malachi only grabbed two which made it tougher for us because he played 35 at sf.

Maybe Today Lydon Obokoh and Dajuan did not recover well baseline we exteneded the whole second half Roberson fouled out because of it (although he shouldnt of reached should have gave up the 2 points instead.)
Good job Roberson with 12 thats how you do it! Huge!

giving up 24 offensive boards is out of freaking control. 12 I can see. Bottom line thats like adding 12 turnovers to your boxscore. Ill let SWC or whoever figure out the rest :)

how about that back line of New Tyler, g and Mal?

when we go against ACC beef, thats gonna get crushed

That dunk attempt was nasty. Looked like a white shaq.

...but he is clearly our best big. Kid brings so much to the table. I don't see any way that he doesn't play. A lot.

He might be indispensable, frankly.

And how about a freshman "center" taking a 3 with just about 20 seconds still left on the shot clock while they are in "kill the clock mode" with only 3:40 left? And then calmly DRAINING it???!!!!

By no means am I suggesting that he's Damone / Hakim as frosh -- kid has a nice frame. In two years, he's going to be a monster with a back to the basket game AND perimeter skills.
He gone?

Since it's pretty obvious he hasn't completely filled in yet (and will moreso with gym time), does anyone thing he's got a little time left to continue to get taller? Lydon at 6'10" in the future with an extra 20lbs is terrifying.

He showed some good strength when he cleared out that space in the second half.

And how about a freshman "center" taking a 3 with just about 20 seconds still left on the shot clock while they are in "kill the clock mode" with only 3:40 left? And then calmly DRAINING it???!!!!

Had he missed that three and it went to Bona we would have seen a JB meltdown of Biblical proportions.

We can always list him at 6'10" if need be.
Just looking at him I would not be surprised to see him continue to grow over the next two years. Maybe top out at a legit 6'10" 6'11" if were lucky. or he turns into Jerami Grant and grows to be taller than the jolly green giant who knows

Chicago44s said:
Had he missed that three and it went to Bona we would have seen a JB meltdown of Biblical proportions.
Here's the thing I loved about it. He was absolutely demanding the ball, gets it and then goes drain-o at a most critical time. The thing I love about lydon is that he's jut a baller. There's so many athletes that play bball that aren't, but every time he plays you just see it. Moyer/Bamba is like that too. I think Mali and Howard too...no hesitation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom