Lydon on Draft Express | Syracusefan.com

Lydon on Draft Express

Cusesky8214

Living Legend

So two things...one I really wish we had him another year but he absolutely is making the right decision. Two is that he should of shot the damn ball more last season!!! Gunna miss him for sure but excited about this year and gunna enjoy watching more of tyler in the pros

Still makes me laugh that anyone thinks he isn't a lock for the 1st round. Better chance of him going in the lottery, hell even top 10, than the 2nd round. Teams aren't letting someone with his size, and shooting ability stick around long.

Still makes me laugh that anyone thinks he isn't a lock for the 1st round. Better chance of him going in the lottery, hell even top 10, than the 2nd round. Teams aren't letting someone with his size, and shooting ability stick around long.

Eh, I'd put my money on second round over lottery if I I HAD to place a wager. Hope he goes lottery though! :)

Eh, I'd put my money on second round over lottery if I I HAD to place a wager. Hope he goes lottery though! :)

He probably doesn't go lottery unless Miami at 14. Maybe Denver at 13, but just no way he goes 2nd round. My guess is Miami at 14, or Portland at 15, or 20. If slips past that, he will be snagged up in the 1st.

He isn't a lock, if you think he is you aren't paying attention, I will bet my house he will not go in the top ten, and for you who think I am hating on him, I hope he goes top 5.

Not gonna argue anymore. I have been paying plenty of attention, and it's pretty damn obvious. Yes, doubtful he's going top 10, but better chance of that than the 0% chance he goes in the 2nd round. We will see soon enough, so you can do your little 'I'm happy for him, but it still doesn't mean he was ready' post.

Thanks for the video, Cusesky. He's looking like he's putting in the work to get ready for the league. Hope he ends up in a good spot. Really think Portland would be great.

He isn't a lock, if you think he is you aren't paying attention, I will bet my house he will not go in the top ten, and for you who think I am hating on him, I hope he goes top 5.
I think people forget what happens so often in the NBA draft where teams at the bottom of the draft will draft a "draft and stash" Euro player that they know won't be coming to the NBA for a few years instead of an American player that they don;t think will help them this year anyhow. Portland for example...there is no way Portland uses their 3rd 1st round pick for anything other than a draft and stash because they are not bringing in 3 rookies onto that roster. Top 15 for Lydon would shock me as much as Waiters at #4 shocked me...but since that actually happened who knows. Richardson was a better NBA prospect to me with an actual position and role defined. Tall and can shoot doesn't scream lottery to me.

It seemed to me that Lydon was best as a shooter when going through his initial motion. But when he was forced to hesitate or adjust, whether due to defense or his pump fakes, then his chances of making the shot plummeted massively - even from point blank. I hope he can overcome that, especially if the pros test his ability to shoot under pressure or after an adjustment of some kind.

pretty good talk on XM today about the state of the NBA draft.. teams after the first 5-10 drafting on potential instead of getting kids that would help them.. even teams like philly drafting for years at the high end but not really getting any help from it..

many think teams should go back to drafting who can play now and not hope they find someone who can play later since much of the time the ones that do pan out end up doing so on the 2nd contract and often with another team

I think people forget what happens so often in the NBA draft where teams at the bottom of the draft will draft a "draft and stash" Euro player that they know won't be coming to the NBA for a few years instead of an American player that they don;t think will help them this year anyhow. Portland for example...there is no way Portland uses their 3rd 1st round pick for anything other than a draft and stash because they are not bringing in 3 rookies onto that roster. Top 15 for Lydon would shock me as much as Waiters at #4 shocked me...but since that actually happened who knows. Richardson was a better NBA prospect to me with an actual position and role defined. Tall and can shoot doesn't scream lottery to me.

The International pool isn't that deep this year. A few pop up not on the radar, but this is a weaker draft.

That said, Portland could take one of the 3-4 1st round capable foreigners with one pick, and stash them. Sure. It doesn't mean Lydon has no shot to be picked there. Just saying. Not that I'm saying he goes there either, but he isn't falling past Utah is all I know.

Also, usually the 2nd round is when teams draft, and stash. Especially with a weak pool this year. They can just sign the College kids not drafted.

Oh, and I'd say you're selling him a bit short on just tall, and can shoot. To each their own though.

I could totally see the knicks taking him

Worked out for the Bulls today. They pick 16. So far he's worked out for 16, 17 and 23.

Toronto at 23.

NBA loves potential and athleticism from US players. If Lydon were European he would go Top 10.

NBA loves potential and athleticism from US players. If Lydon were European he would go Top 10.

It's pronounced Lee-dohn. He's French.

images

Last edited:
Lol. Didn't you say he would struggle at the combine and when he had a good combine you said the combine didn't mean anything?

I don't believe I said anything about the combine, but I am not a big believer in the combine in both bball and football.

Worked out for the Bulls today. They pick 16. So far he's worked out for 16, 17 and 23.

The Bulls are another good spot for him. Regardless, he shall continue the streak and I hope he lands in a good spot. Milwaukee is another possibility. Toronto. Doubt he gets past 25. Would love to see him drop to the Magic selfishly, but want him to go as high as possible. I think he will be snagged a bit after the lottery before 20.

The best part is that we will all eventually know the answer when the draft happens

First round for the program. And the picture on that wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom