Lydon on Draft Express | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon on Draft Express

FWIW, draft express has Battle going 26th right now in the 2018 draft.

Still makes me laugh that anyone thinks he isn't a lock for the 1st round. Better chance of him going in the lottery, hell even top 10, than the 2nd round. Teams aren't letting someone with his size, and shooting ability stick around long.
watching some cuse awards show last night for top male SU athlete and tyler lydon didn't make the cut.
justyn knight a track guy won and Atrey and lax guys salcido and mariano were nominated but no lydon.
dajuan coleman won the courage award but wasn't there. devo accepted on behalf.

watching some cuse awards show last night for top male SU athlete and tyler lydon didn't make the cut.
justyn knight a track guy won and Atrey and lax guys salcido and mariano were nominated but no lydon.
dajuan coleman won the courage award but wasn't there. devo accepted on behalf.

Justyn Knight has had a DOMINANT year running this year. Pretty much a no-brainer for this award.

Justyn Knight smashes Syracuse 5k record

Demolished his own school record while running the fastest 5k IN THE WORLD THIS YEAR.

Unless Rico led us to another Final Four, and won the Wooden Award, he wasn't beating out Justyn.

Justyn Knight has had a DOMINANT year running this year. Pretty much a no-brainer for this award.

Justyn Knight smashes Syracuse 5k record

Demolished his own school record while running the fastest 5k IN THE WORLD THIS YEAR.

Unless Rico led us to another Final Four, and won the Wooden Award, he wasn't beating out Justyn.

Yeah I agree with you on that. I think T Bone may have been suggesting that the no nomination is what Lydon was boned on.

Lots of chatter on the twittersphere the past couple days of the Hornets taking a serious look at Lydon with the 11th pick. That'll sure make some people's head explode here.

I'll bet my best friend's aunt's adopted dog and toss in 500$ that doesn't happen !!

Not gonna argue anymore. I have been paying plenty of attention, and it's pretty damn obvious. Yes, doubtful he's going top 10, but better chance of that than the 0% chance he goes in the 2nd round. We will see soon enough, so you can do your little 'I'm happy for him, but it still doesn't mean he was ready' post.

Thanks for the video, Cusesky. He's looking like he's putting in the work to get ready for the league. Hope he ends up in a good spot. Really think Portland would be great.

I've been around long enough to see SU guys who we thought were first round locks fall to the second round. Here's a list. How many of these guys did fans think would make the first round?

Sherman Douglas
Lawrence Moten
Jason Hart
Demetris Nichols
Jerami Grant
Rakeem Christmas
Mike Gbinije
Kris Joseph
Andy Rautins

I've been around long enough to see SU guys who we thought were first round locks fall to the second round. Here's a list. How many of these guys did fans think would make the first round?

Sherman Douglas
Lawrence Moten
Jason Hart
Demetris Nichols
Jerami Grant
Rakeem Christmas
Mike Gbinije
Kris Joseph
Andy Rautins

In what world did anyone think Rautins, Joseph, Gbinije, Christmas and Nichols were first round picks? They were all rated lower than Lydon at this point. Douglass and Moten I can answer for because it was before my time and most people here didn't understand why Jerami left for 2nd round money. It's not a good comparison.

Sherman Douglas
Lawrence Moten
Jason Hart
Demetris Nichols
Jerami Grant
Rakeem Christmas
Mike Gbinije
Kris Joseph
Andy Rautins

Not any who understood much about basketball, the NBA, or the draft. Basically anyone who paid attention.

Andy Rautins?!?!?! LOL!!!!!!!!

I think T Bone may have been suggesting that the no nomination is what Lydon was boned on.
Boned? Why? He averaged 13 ppg for one of the worst teams in the last 40 years of the program. Should they start nominating based on pro potential?

Sherman Douglas
Lawrence Moten
Jason Hart
Demetris Nichols
Jerami Grant
Rakeem Christmas
Mike Gbinije
Kris Joseph
Andy Rautins

Not sure many people thought any of those were locks, but hey, what do I know. We will find out soon. Oh, and Lydon is an absolute 1st round lock.

Popcorn

Lots of chatter on the twittersphere the past couple days of the Hornets taking a serious look at Lydon with the 11th pick. That'll sure make some people's head explode here.

I live in Charlotte, and follow the Hornets pretty closely. I can totally see them picking him but not at 11th. If they chose him they will trade down to get two picks.

But he totally fits the kind of pick they'd make (think Zeller, and Frank Kaminsky)... both contribute but neither would start or contribute much on another team.

I wish for a better landing spot for Lydon.

It would be wonderful if it happened. I'm not holding my breath, but I would love for the kid to make the first round.

Not sure many people thought any of those were locks, but hey, what do I know. We will find out soon. Oh, and Lydon is an absolute 1st round lock.

Popcorn

Well, that's fair. Most were not locks for the first round. My point was how many great players slide - I mean, Douglas was the all-time NCAA assist leader and played on high profile teams his whole career. Moten was the all-time leading scorer in Big East history, and was the equal of Kerry Kittles, in my book. Jerami Grant was a freakish talent. Guys like C.J. Fair and James Southerland were like Kris Joseph and Demetis Nichols (an elite shooter, by any measure). How did none of those guys get a sniff? That's what I'm talking about. We, like most fan bases, over estimate our players.

Well, that's fair. Most were not locks for the first round. My point was how many great players slide - I mean, Douglas was the all-time NCAA assist leader and played on high profile teams his whole career. Moten was the all-time leading scorer in Big East history, and was the equal of Kerry Kittles, in my book. Jerami Grant was a freakish talent. Guys like C.J. Fair and James Southerland were like Kris Joseph and Demetis Nichols (an elite shooter, by any measure). How did none of those guys get a sniff? That's what I'm talking about. We, like most fan bases, over estimate our players.

For the most part, we do. But, those are all players that didn't leave early. Except Grant, who is doing just fine. So, we had a different type of outlook on those guys. The NBA didn't see it the way some may have.

Now that we have so many leaving early, our fan base is underestimating players to feel justified. People want players to stay for their entertainment, and the success of SU. Not because it's in the best interest of the player.

Lydon is making the right choice, and I'll be sticking with him being a 1st round lock. Anyone can disagree with that, and think he should have stayed. To each their own. I'm happy he will be going in round 1, and gave us two years of entertainment.

Think TT and Tyus both go top 18 next year, tyus going top 6.

Explain to me what Thompson does at an NBA level besides a mid-range jumper? Why's he going to go top 18 when he's a less athletic version of Lydon with less range. All this Thompson 1st round talk is completely bizarre to me. They both will have to be stretch 4s in the NBA and one of them shoots 40% and the other 18% from the college 3 pt line. I will honestly make a bet right now of anything that you possibly want that neither of them go within 5 picks of 6/18.

I'll bet my best friend's aunt's adopted dog and toss in 500$ that doesn't happen !!
You need to remember that MJ thought he could bring Kwame Brown to a higher level. He may be looking at things totally different than most. But then again, Charlotte shows that.

I think he will be a lottery pick next year.

I don't. I don't think we are going to be nearly good enough for him to be drafted that high. In my opinion, for all the talk about their scouting prowess, NBA teams are swayed by team success, especially tournament runs. That's why some of our guys may have been overrated when they were drafted. However, if this team is a .500 team next year and doesn't make the NCAA tournament again, I can almost guarantee to you that nobody makes the first round, even Battle. How many teams among the 350 or so in the NCAA have a scorer who will match Battle's numbers next year?

Just look at Andrew White. There are literally dozens of guys out there, outside of the spotlight, who are every bit as good as him. He was the best player on our team last year, and there was never any discussion of him being drafted. Compare that to Wes Johnson. Were they really so much different as players? Both were very good shooters who couldn't beat a man off the dribble. In fact, White might have been better off the dribble than Wes.

Individual success comes from team success, and we're not going to be very good next year.

I live in Charlotte, and follow the Hornets pretty closely. I can totally see them picking him but not at 11th. If they chose him they will trade down to get two picks.

But he totally fits the kind of pick they'd make (think Zeller, and Frank Kaminsky)... both contribute but neither would start or contribute much on another team.

I wish for a better landing spot for Lydon.

The article I had read talked about them dumping Zeller, but good point.

I look at TT has having far more NBA game than Tyler. TT can score on bigs, and so far has shown much better shooting in the small sample. Im not sure Tyler is all that more athletic but he does seem to play with a bit higher motor. TT gets to the basket from 15 ft out with the dribble, lydon maybe a better passer and shows better range.

The article I had read talked about them dumping Zeller, but good point.

I think they are open to trading Zeller. But I also think that Marvin Williams has too big a contract to move, and is a similar player. I think they'd have to move at least one of Zeller and Williams to consider trading down for Lydon. There's also rumor that has Jordan making a big push for Blake Griffin and using Nike to lure him. That would also make Lydon less likely.

I want Lydon to go in the first round, but hope he lands with a better team than Charlotte.

I don't. I don't think we are going to be nearly good enough for him to be drafted that high. In my opinion, for all the talk about their scouting prowess, NBA teams are swayed by team success, especially tournament runs. That's why some of our guys may have been overrated when they were drafted. However, if this team is a .500 team next year and doesn't make the NCAA tournament again, I can almost guarantee to you that nobody makes the first round, even Battle. How many teams among the 350 or so in the NCAA have a scorer who will match Battle's numbers next year?

Just look at Andrew White. There are literally dozens of guys out there, outside of the spotlight, who are every bit as good as him. He was the best player on our team last year, and there was never any discussion of him being drafted. Compare that to Wes Johnson. Were they really so much different as players? Both were very good shooters who couldn't beat a man off the dribble. In fact, White might have been better off the dribble than Wes.

Individual success comes from team success, and we're not going to be very good next year.
Battle's talent, measurables and age will make him a hot commodity as an NBA 2 in next year's draft. I can easily see him going in the lottery, regardless of how far SU goes next season.

Andrew White and Wes Johnson are in different stratospheres in terms of athleticism.

Explain to me what Thompson does at an NBA level besides a mid-range jumper? Why's he going to go top 18 when he's a less athletic version of Lydon with less range. All this Thompson 1st round talk is completely bizarre to me. They both will have to be stretch 4s in the NBA and one of them shoots 40% and the other 18% from the college 3 pt line. I will honestly make a bet right now of anything that you possibly want that neither of them go within 5 picks of 6/18.

Can I get in on this? I think Battle will be top 11. TT, I tend to agree with you, but he could easily blow up, and be in the top 23. Potential, my man. The longer you stay, the more weaknesses they see. He's tall, long, and can shoot. If he hits some threes this year then he could easily go 1st round as a stretch 4. Which he has the potential to be. If he works hard, and plays some D. I think he goes more of the Rak route myself, but you never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom