Lydon on Draft Express | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon on Draft Express

Can I get in on this? I think Battle will be top 11. TT, I tend to agree with you, but he could easily blow up, and be in the top 23. Potential, my man. The longer you stay, the more weaknesses they see. He's tall, long, and can shoot. If he hits some threes this year then he could easily go 1st round as a stretch 4. Which he has the potential to be. If he works hard, and plays some D. I think he goes more of the Rak route myself, but you never know.

Whatever ya want man. 50 bucks on either of those or both. I'm willing to take advantage of your Cuse blinders. I'd be interested in taking advantage of your Lydon confidence as well as he is by no means a lock for the 1st round, though I do believe he should end up somewhere in the 20s. No one in the 20s is a lock, anything can happen. Teams look to draft and stash and do all kinds of weird stuff in that late 1st range.

Whatever ya want man. 50 bucks on either of those or both. I'm willing to take advantage of your Cuse blinders. I'd be interested in taking advantage of your Lydon confidence as well as he is by no means a lock for the 1st round, though I do believe he should end up somewhere in the 20s. No one in the 20s is a lock, anything can happen. Teams look to draft and stash and do all kinds of weird stuff in that late 1st range.

Well, I'm way more confident in the Lydon one if you wanna do that. Anything could happen this upcoming year, but I know Lydon is a 1st rounder if you wanna donate money to me.

The whole draft, and stash thing is a 2nd round thing. Especially this year. But, I'll gladly bet anyone that Lydon goes round 1.

exactly. in no way boned. lydon had a subpar season. he played mostly out of position and missed all conference. not sure how his performance this year projects him as a 1st round pick. we'll see.
what was a little surprising was the number of transfers in the syracuse finalists. (i'll admit i don't know much about the winner or the soccer dude ) but amba, Atrey, and mariano all were transfers.

Well, he won't be going to the Lakers with their late 1st round pick imo...
Got to see Lakers working out Xavier Mayes, Dwayne Bacon, and Tyler Dorsey this week... Seem to be looking for a shooting guard with their 2nd 1st round pick...
Only way Tyler doesn't go to Utah @ 30th at the latest, is if another white player like TJ Leaf is available...

Can I get in on this? I think Battle will be top 11. TT, I tend to agree with you, but he could easily blow up, and be in the top 23. Potential, my man. The longer you stay, the more weaknesses they see. He's tall, long, and can shoot. If he hits some threes this year then he could easily go 1st round as a stretch 4. Which he has the potential to be. If he works hard, and plays some D. I think he goes more of the Rak route myself, but you never know.
If he expands his game to perimeter range, improves his quickness on d and can work in transition he's gone. These arent unreasonable goals. Hes very talented in the post, underachieves rebounding and has all the size. These are goals he could very well reach by next feb/march.

I've been around long enough to see SU guys who we thought were first round locks fall to the second round. Here's a list. How many of these guys did fans think would make the first round?

Sherman Douglas
Lawrence Moten
Jason Hart
Demetris Nichols
Jerami Grant
Rakeem Christmas
Mike Gbinije
Kris Joseph
Andy Rautins

For me, Sherm and Nichols only. Nichols would have been, but for the false blood test.

I really don't see TT as much of a pro prospect, unless he becomes a 3 point shooter or unless his "measurables" are exceptional. They love that kind of stuff, regardless of if the guy actually uses it to his advantage on the court or not.

He can shoot, and has some nice footwork, can use either hand.

But he's pretty slow and not explosive, not a shotblocker(or any kind of defender). I think the relative lack of athleticism and horrid defense limit him as a pro prospect at this point.

I've been around long enough to see SU guys who we thought were first round locks fall to the second round. Here's a list. How many of these guys did fans think would make the first round?

Sherman Douglas
Lawrence Moten
Jason Hart
Demetris Nichols
Jerami Grant
Rakeem Christmas
Mike Gbinije
Kris Joseph
Andy Rautins

Grant and Shwrm are the only guys I would have pegged as first round talents.

For me, Sherm and Nichols only. Nichols would have been, but for the false blood test.

You and two3zone don't think Grant was a first round talent?

You and two3zone don't think Grant was a first round talent?

There was zero talk of him being a first rounder the year he came out due to his inability to shoot. More and more this board undervalues that skill more than anything else. I don't get it.

And he got an extensive interview with 22, 27.

He's a 100 percent lock for the 1st round, yet some don't see it. Mad at a kid for getting paid to play ball, instead of helping Syracuse for another year. Possibly ruining his stock, getting injured, and losing a year of pay. I don't get it.

He's a 100 percent lock for the 1st round, yet some don't see it. Mad at a kid for getting paid to play ball, instead of helping Syracuse for another year. Possibly ruining his stock, getting injured, and losing a year of pay. I don't get it.

Look what happened to Andy Rautins

I look at TT has having far more NBA game than Tyler. TT can score on bigs, and so far has shown much better shooting in the small sample. Im not sure Tyler is all that more athletic but he does seem to play with a bit higher motor. TT gets to the basket from 15 ft out with the dribble, lydon maybe a better passer and shows better range.

In what world is TT a better shooter than Lydon?

There was zero talk of him being a first rounder the year he came out due to his inability to shoot. More and more this board undervalues that skill more than anything else. I don't get it.

90% of this board is stuck in the early 2000s when the NBA was garbage and think it's the same. It's very easy to tell who follows the NBA close and who doesn't. The Thompson first round talk next year is one of the craziest things I've seen on here. They see somewhat tall mid range jump shot and they somehow think he's going to the NBA. Even Battle has a LOT of work to do to be a first round pick.

90% of this board is stuck in the early 2000s when the NBA was garbage and think it's the same. It's very easy to tell who follows the NBA close and who doesn't. The Thompson first round talk next year is one of the craziest things I've seen on here. They see somewhat tall mid range jump shot and they somehow think he's going to the NBA. Even Battle has a LOT of work to do to be a first round pick.

Agree on Thompson. I think Battle has all the tools, and he was starting to really put it together at the end of the season.

If he has a healthy year next year and progresses like expected, I think he'll make a nice pro prospect. He's got nice size and athleticism, and showed flashes of being a guy that can shoot the 3, has a midrange game, and can get to the basket and finish(didn't see much of that early, but it was coming around nicely late in the year), has a decent handle, would seem to have the tools to defend too.

Agree on Thompson. I think Battle has all the tools, and he was starting to really put it together at the end of the season.

If he has a healthy year next year and progresses like expected, I think he'll make a nice pro prospect. He's got nice size and athleticism, and showed flashes of being a guy that can shoot the 3, has a midrange game, and can get to the basket and finish(didn't see much of that early, but it was coming around nicely late in the year), has a decent handle, would seem to have the tools to defend too.

I agree 100% with Battle. The only issue I see with him is this year he is going to have much more defense on him than last. He is more athletic and skilled than Fair was but going from third option to the main option can change ones game quite a bit.

Speaking of the early 2000's, 13 years ago the average score of the ECF that Detroit won over Indiana on their way to beating the Lakers was 75-72 in 6 games. Man the league was garbage back then.

I agree 100% with Battle. The only issue I see with him is this year he is going to have much more defense on him than last. He is more athletic and skilled than Fair was but going from third option to the main option can change ones game quite a bit.

Yup. Fair and Kris Joseph were both good players who looked better when they were a secondary option in my opinion.

Though Battle as a freshman showed a more developed offensive game than either of those guys. But we will definitely need some of the newcomers to be ready to contribute right away offensively.

I honestly think Lydon's shooting prowess is a bit overrated. He has a beautiful looking stroke, no doubt, and his numbers look pretty good on paper, and I'm sure he absolutely tears it up in shooting drills.

But I think you need to factor in that that 39.5% on 3s is on only WIDE OPEN shots. I mean, Lydon never ever ever shot the ball unless there was no one within 5-10 feet of him. Contrast that with Andrew White, who shot a higher percentage when many, many of those looks were contested. If you gave White the same exact same set of 3 point shots that Lydon took, I'd venture he'd have easily hit more than 50% of them, if not closer to 60%. I just really worry about Lydon's ability to get a perimeter shot off in the NBA, given his hesitance to do so in ACC play.

I honestly think Lydon's shooting prowess is a bit overrated. He has a beautiful looking stroke, no doubt, and his numbers look pretty good on paper, and I'm sure he absolutely tears it up in shooting drills.

But I think you need to factor in that that 39.5% on 3s is on only WIDE OPEN shots. I mean, Lydon never ever ever shot the ball unless there was no one within 5-10 feet of him. Contrast that with Andrew White, who shot a higher percentage when many, many of those looks were contested. If you gave White the same exact same set of 3 point shots that Lydon took, I'd venture he'd have easily hit more than 50% of them, if not closer to 60%. I just really worry about Lydon's ability to get a perimeter shot off in the NBA, given his hesitance to do so in ACC play.

That's a fair assessment, but I also think he's a better shooter than he showed last year. Something just didn't seem right with him down the stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom