Lydon | Syracusefan.com

Lydon

SWFLCUSE

All Conference
In the four tournament games Lydon has posted a stat line of 10.75 PPG, 6 RPG, and 4.5 BLOCKS PER GAME!!

Think about that for a moment, has a freshman ever been such a defensive force in a tournament run before? For someone "whose not big enough to man the middle" he has done an absolute amazing job at coming up with timely blocks and rebounds on the defensive end. He's been just as important on offense late with those huge threes tonight and that tip in vs Zaga last round.

The prospect of a trio of Frank, Tyler, and Mali all making some sort of sophomore leap next year is tantalizing, we very well could be looking at back to back final fours, but lets take care of our business in this one first!

LETS GO ORANGE!!!SUball

Last edited:
I'm just wondering how the legend of the shoeless three point shot will grow over time??!!

There were so many fantastic aspects in that play.

• Lydon angrily kicking the shoe.
  • G picking it up OFF THE BOUNCE to toss it aside
  • Lydon draining the three
  • CBS running a graphic of his shooting with the shoe on and with the shoe off

We need a vine or something.

Just to put this in a little more perspective, Lydon's 18 blocks are now fourth most all time in a single tournament by a freshman:

Those first 3 turned out pretty good at the NBA level. Bodes well for Lydons future.

Also I'll be shocked if he doesn't end up 2nd all time at the conclusion of this tournament.

The graphic was the best part. That's such quick work by the truck on something they've clearly never done before.

Just hilarious

I literally laughed out loud even though we were down by like 10 when they put it up. You got to love the sense of humor in whoever came up with that idea.
Same here. I thought it was going to be our highlight of the night at the time...

Same here. I thought it was going to be our highlight of the night at the time...
It sure looked like it would be for awhile, but now it gets weaved into the magical run that we are on. I cant wait till I am a father and I can sit down with my son and tell him the story of the one-shoed shooter that helped Syracuse get to the final four!

And just think, if only he added 15-20 lbs of muscle he might actually be good.

In the four tournament games Lydon has posted a stat line of 10.75 PPG, 6 RPG, and 4.5 BLOCKS PER GAME!!

Think about that for a moment, has a freshman ever been such a defensive force in a tournament run before? For someone "whose not big enough to man the middle" he has done an absolute amazing job at coming up with timely blocks and rebounds on the defensive end. He's been just as important on offense late with those huge threes tonight and that tip in vs Zaga last round.

The prospect of a trio of Frank, Tyler, and Mali all making some sort of sophomore leap next year is tantalizing, we very well could be looking at back to back final fours, but lets take care of our business in this one first!

LETS GO ORANGE!!!SUball

The NBA scouts that left at halftime got a different idea about Mal than the ones who showed up late after the half.

Unfrotunately, NBA drafts on ceiling, not floor, not even on mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom