LYDON | Syracusefan.com

LYDON

realorange

Living Legend
I love the kids game he is capable of playing. BUT!

1-He's driving me crazy with the often mentioned fake that no defensive man takes serious.

2-He must have set a new record today for open 3 pointers he passed up.

He needs to get to take and/or make more opportunities.

Get tough Tyler!

I love the kids game he is capable of playing. BUT!

1-He's driving me crazy with the often mentioned fake that no defensive man takes serious.

2-He must have set a new record today for open 3 pointers he passed up.

He needs to get to take and/or make more opportunities.

Get tough Tyler!

1) Pump fakes work if your driving is respected. He has no handle and no real mid-range game.

2) I stopped counting at 7 wide open three's he passed up.

3) He gets rebounds right under the basket and his first instinct is to kick it out, instead of cramming it.

4) His matador defense at the back end of the press is so weak.

I like Tyler a lot but he needs to play a lot better. The stat line doesn't tell the whole story.

I wish the guy worked on his physique this offseason. He needed to add some muscle. He will likely go pro too. Not sure how he's much more than a G-league guy for a few years before he winds up overseas. I don't see a successful NBA player.

1) Pump fakes work if your driving is respect. He has no handle and no real mid-range game.

2) I stopped counting at 7 wide open three's he passed up.

3) He gets rebounds right under the basket and his first instinct is to kick it out, instead of cramming it.

4) His matador defense at the back end of the press is so weak.

I like Tyler a lot but he needs to play a lot better. The stat line doesn't tell the whole story.

I wish the guy worked on his physique this offseason. He needed to add some muscle. He will likely go pro too. Not sure how he's much more than a G-league guy for a few years before he winds up overseas. I don't see a successful NBA player.
He's the only guy that plays hard. And he plays every minute of every game. Leads to a lot of his issues. We have guys that have no basic fundamentals and spend our time critiquing Lydon.

He's the only guy that plays hard. And he plays every minute of every game. Leads to a lot of his issues. We have guys that have no basic fundamentals and spend our time critiquing Lydon.
To say "he's the only guy that plays hard" is absurd.

Lydon is our first-round draft pick. Of course he's going to be critiqued, especially when he underachieves.

He's the best player on the team this year if that counts for anything in the discussion.
He has the most talent on the team...idk about best player. He is playing like a good overall player not the best player on the court. Every win has had a guy that has played amazing to get a win...gillon, white and battle. There hasn't been a win recently where he just took over.

To say "he's the only guy that plays hard" is absurd.

Lydon is our first-round draft pick. Of course he's going to be critiqued, especially when he underachieves.
He's the only guy playing hard every minute he's in there. And JB is playing him too many minutes. What did JB have to say about him again today?

He's the only guy playing hard every minute he's in there. And JB is playing him too many minutes. What did JB have to say about him again today?
No he's not.

And I don't think too many minutes is the issue.

Huh? He's projected top 25 and is very likely to enter the draft.

Hopefully eventually NBA teams will learn their lesson about stealing Cuse players early, and it will grind to a hault. ;)

Um, no. Isn't that why everyone is so frustrated? Because this is the last we will see of him in a Syracuse uniform.

If he leaves I am done with ball, it would be a joke if he left after this season.

Huh? He's projected top 25 and is very likely to enter the draft.

His stock keeps drafting, there was a time when he was in the lottery discussion, if he leaves to become a late first round pick, its a joke.

If he leaves I am done with ball, it would be a joke if he left after this season.
I thought the same when Greene left. Then when Flynn left. And especially after Ennis and Grant left. Then once again when Malachi left. It's just the way the system is.

I wish there was an auto-reply option to use for every time someone questions why I guy would leave early for the NBA when it appears he is not ready.

It would go something like this:
"NBA teams draft based on potential, and not necessarily looking for a 'ready-now' player."

Lydon is a 6-8 forward, with tremendous footwork and can stroke it from outside. He's not ready for the NBA yet but he does have the potential to be great at the next level.

He gone.

I wish there was an auto-reply option to use for every time someone questions why I guy would leave early for the NBA when it appears he is not ready.

It would go something like this:
"NBA teams draft based on potential, and not necessarily looking for a 'ready-now' player."

Lydon is a 6-8 forward, with tremendous footwork and can stroke it from outside. He's not ready for the NBA yet but he does have the potential to be great at the next level.

He gone.

His stock is dropping by the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom