Major Announcement coming out of L'ville: 2013 Title Vacated | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Major Announcement coming out of L'ville: 2013 Title Vacated

Do we get the Big East tourney title now? Can we have our victory parade?
The Orange are the final BE champs.
Most important: that horrible second half collapse in the BE final is null and void!

But Louisville did this to themselves.
And then compounded all their problems by hiring a G-town law grad to handle their appeal.
How foolish.

They got off easy anyway. No scholarships lost, no recruiting restrictions.
This article said they did but did say how many -
NCAA upholds that L'ville must vacate '13 title

The Cardinals also were placed on NCAA probation for four years, which includes scholarship reductions and recruiting restrictions, a $5,000 fine and the forfeiture of any money received through conference revenue sharing from the 2012-15 NCAA tournaments. That sum could be as much as $15 million, according to published reports. The Cardinals had already self-imposed a postseason ban for the 2015-16 season.

Stripping away wins is b.s. QUOTE]
Agree with that.
And the "acting" Louisville administration's response today is so unbelievably arrogant.
No reference to what they did.
Just talking up the program and their great accomplishments.

They should get hit with more sanctions just for today's "performance."

This is what happens when you give your recruits large bills instead of singles. Always remember to tip the girls fellas.....

ville2.jpg

For using ineligible players. That’s funny. Unc used ineligible players for 20 years.
Agree. Not even being funny here, but the "reason" UNC got off so easily was because the classes were offered to everyone. If Louisville offered these strip shows to all students at no charge, would it be any different? I get that its different (morals, ethics, financial, etc), don't need to explain it to me lol. Just venting on how the NCAA picks and chooses what they want.

Last edited:
Agree. Not even being funny here, but the "reason" UNC got off so easily was because the classes were offered to everyone. If Louisville offered these strip shows to all students at no charge, would it be every different? I get that its different (morals, ethics, financial, etc), don't need to explain it to me lol. Just venting on how the NCAA picks and chooses what they want.

Their admissions office would be going through applications forever!

I don't get it. Where are the specifics on scholarships docked and recruiting restrictions? I don't recall that being announced initially.

They have zero commits for 2018. They lose Mahmoud and Snider at least. It's going to get bad quickly there.
They have zero recruits because nobody knows who the coach will be.

I'm sure they'll be back up and running once they add a big name coach, or successful mid-major coach. They weren't dinged a ton of scholarships (4 over 4 years of probation), so unless the Pitino/Adidas fiasco adds something that will actually hurt them, I can see them being ok in a year or two.

From the NCAA website: Legislative Services Database - LSDBi
Involved Penalties:

Television: 0 yrs
Reduction in Financial Aid: No
Postseason: 0 yrs
Recruiting: No
Probation: 4 yrs
Show Cause Penalty: Yes

Vacation of Record: Yes

Edit: The link in the post below does say there were scholarship reductions. Interesting.

I don't get it. Where are the specifics on scholarships docked and recruiting restrictions? I don't recall that being announced initially.
Here:
  • A reduction in men’s basketball scholarships by two during the 2016-17 year (self-imposed by the university). Additionally, the university must reduce men’s basketball scholarships by four over the probation period. The university may take the reductions during any year of that period.
  • A prohibition of men’s basketball coaching travel during the April 2016 recruiting period, which resulted in a reduction of men’s basketball recruiting opportunities by 30 (self-imposed by the university).
  • A reduction of recruiting travel during the July 2016 recruiting period by six days (self-imposed by the university).
  • A reduction in the number of men’s basketball official visits to a total of 10 during the 2015-16 year. Additionally, the university will have no more than a total of 16 visits during the 2016-17 and 2017-18 years (self-imposed by the university).

They have zero recruits because nobody knows who the coach will be.

I'm sure they'll be back up and running once they add a big name coach, or successful mid-major coach. They weren't dinged a ton of scholarships (4 over 4 years of probation), so unless the Pitino/Adidas fiasco adds something that will actually hurt them, I can see them being ok in a year or two.

That's part of the reason. There's also virtually nobody left in the top 100 for next year and they still have the FBI hanging over their head.