"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

Are they just walking around NYC by themselves? lol Where's Otto?

Honestly, whatever. Guess we have to deal with these. I think the easy fix, to win some more people over, would be to just get rid of the stripes everywhere and the awful stretched numbers.

I think it's more disrespectful to make a fake emblem using upside down and backwards 4's and say it's symbolic of the 10th Mountain Division.

They look cool though. :noidea:
It is not a fake emblem, they were not trying to copy. It has a military connotation and connects the history of 44, thereby giving a cursory nod to our recent relationship to Fort Drum, without making a claim that SU is somehow part of the 10th. As you say it also looks decent, cool. Further indicates a spirit of willing to go into football battles giving their all, symbolism.

It is not a fake emblem, they were not trying to copy. It has a military connotation and connects the history of 44, thereby giving a cursory nod to our recent relationship to Fort Drum, without making a claim that SU is somehow part of the 10th. As you say it also looks decent, cool. Further indicates a spirit of willing to go into football battles giving their all, symbolism.

I am an architecture graduate- we used to make all sorts of bullshit conceptual connections to nature, form, history, etc. You could say I'm somewhat of an expert in conceptual bullshitism. It looks cool, but come on now with the military connections. The team spent a week at Fort Drum playing paintball and pushing around tires.

I am an architecture graduate- we used to make all sorts of bullshit conceptual connections to nature, form, history, etc. You could say I'm somewhat of an expert in conceptual bullshitism. It looks cool, but come on now with the military connections. The team spent a week at Fort Drum playing paintball and pushing around tires.
You may not agree, and you may be an expert on bullshit(your words), but that is what they were going for and it does look cool.

You may not agree, and you may be an expert on bullshit(your words), but that is what they were going for and it does look cool.

I agree it looks cool.

I'm surprised they didn't say the axes were a nod to the Saltine Warrior. That would have made more sense.

some feedback i have heard from the players is pretty much along the lines as the rest of us. Love the white and gray, hate the blue

Good thing, as was said by both Shafer and Park at the event the kids can mix and match the uniforms to their liking

I agree it looks cool.

I'm surprised they didn't say the axes were a nod to the Saltine Warrior. That would have made more sense.

The great thing about symbolism is you can have whatever interpretation that floats your boat, so if you think the saltine warrior is being nodded to, that could be so, but I personally doubt that that was the intent, I could be wrong.

have the dates of the LSU games been revealed?When are we going to LSU?

nevermind found of cuse.com.

Home 9/26/15

AWAY 9/9/17

have the dates of the LSU games been revealed?When are we going to LSU?

We may not, it appears half the fan base is going to stop being fans because they werent personally consulted on the uniforms, so we are just shutting down the program post 2015

The great thing about symbolism is you can have whatever interpretation that floats your boat, so if you think the saltine warrior is being nodded to, that could be so, but I personally doubt that that was the intent, I could be wrong.

I think with our friends down the road suing the Redskins we decided to shy away from that

If the "major" announcement is that they are opening an SU store in the mall, then I will be very disappointed. And i wont be alone. Thats not even on the low end of major.
BlXblVkCAAIWjdC.jpg

That helmet, Orange Jersey with the white pants. That might be slick, but I don't think it's one of the options that is on the SU site.

That helmet, Orange Jersey with the white pants. That might be slick, but I don't think it's one of the options that is on the SU site.

shafer said they could mix and match all unis so id hope orange won as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom