"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

I have to say after reading all 19 pages of criticism of the new uniforms, I am slowly changing my mind. The close up pictures look interesting & if we get orange jerseys and pants in the mix, I can live with it. Heck, maybe even like them if we win!

This is a pretty cool shirt
-
thumb.aspx
Where did you find this?

I actually like them, very Oregon-Ish and after all someone said we want to be the Oregon of the East Coast. I think they look pretty Slick, Think white pants, blue shirts, white helmet, or Orange White Orange, both combo's would be pretty badass. Blue Grey Blue, I don't think after the first few games we will see the solids all together much. Maybe 1-2 times a year.

CuseOnly said:
I actually like them, very Oregon-Ish and after all someone said we want to be the Oregon of the East Coast. I think they look pretty Slick, Think white pants, blue shirts, white helmet, or Orange White Orange, both combo's would be pretty badass. Blue Grey Blue, I don't think after the first few games we will see the solids all together much. Maybe 1-2 times a year.

Orange white orange, orange blue orange and then the one off, orange gray orange. Nothing else says Syracuse.

I want to know what the recruits that we want for next year not the ones who have to wear them because they already signed.

They are looking for other schools as we speak.

I was hoping for a Game of Thrones type uni with orange on it if it were up to me but these are fine.

Love the LSU home and home. What recruit would not want to visit there and this gives the staff a lot of time to sell it as well.

Sudano said:
I want to know what the recruits that we want for next year not the ones who have to wear them because they already signed.

Last years class saw some of the uni's before they signed.

The fact they spent all this time promoting the freaking jerseys and had the PC in Syracuse and the 2 models in NYC to promote the jerseys and decided to show the crap they showed rather Orange tops for a team called the freaking Orange just shows how dumb whatever marketing firm our AD has hired.
I don't care if their are Orange tops the fact we have seen Grey, Blue, and White and NOT an Orange top modeled is dumb. For the record, I do like the White combination of helmet, top, and pants, but saving the Orange top as if its some surprise is beyond stupid. I would rather wear the Grey top than the Blue top. These uniforms are a 4 out of 10 my opinion. They don't ooze Syracuse Football, but if recruits like them good. Nike has failed again with the lack of Orange AFTER THEY MADE Syracuse DROP ORANGEMEN DOWN TO ORANGE for BRANDING PURPOSES.

As soon as I saw these uniforms on Monday I knew this was going to be a fun thread.

Fact of the matter is the players love them, the recruits love them, and they take us into the modern age in football along with the IPF.

I kind of got the impression that the orange gear would used to motivate the players. Either a reward or for big games. Reading the tea leaves a bit... Thoughts?

I kind of got the impression that the orange gear would used to motivate the players. Either a reward or for big games. Reading the tea leaves a bit... Thoughts?
wait a second

we don't have orange because recruits like orange too much, it'll be a orange colored carrot we dangle?

aye yi farking yi

Millhouse said:
wait a second we don't have orange because recruits like orange too much, it'll be a orange colored carrot we dangle? aye yi farking yi

I was honestly asking if people got that impression from the comments, presser, and twitteratti yesterday too.

My take is that the current players and recruits like orange just fine. I think the school and Nike are not pushing for tons of orange. I don't know the reason for this. My guess is that the bright orange we use - can look garish when used as the main color.

I was honestly asking if people got that impression from the comments, presser, and twitteratti yesterday too.

My take is that the current players and recruits like orange just fine. I think the school and Nike are not pushing for tons of orange. I don't know the reason for this. My guess is that the bright orange we use - can look garish when used as the main color.
i don't think Nike is worried about things looking garish

wait a second

we don't have orange because recruits like orange too much, it'll be a orange colored carrot we dangle?

aye yi farking yi

We only wore orange tops like 5 times in the last 25 years...and 1-2 of those times they were hideous and we got our arses kicked. The Orange jersey has never really been part of the uniform but a carrot dangled for big games...most of which we lost while wearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom