"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

How many new uniforms have we had in the last 10 years? Like 7? I can't even keep track. We had new ones last year! About 3 different times! I guess I don't see why it's presented as such a big deal this time.

I haven't liked a Cuse uniform since 2004, but at this point I'm over it and don't care. I'm glad the players like them.

Those who are upset though...what were we clinging to?

Last edited:
How many new uniforms have we had in the last 10 years? Like 7? I can't even keep track. We had new ones last year! About 3 different times! I guess I don't see why it's presented as such a big deal this time.

I haven't liked a Cuse uniform since 2004, but at this point I'm over it and don't care. I'm glad the players like them.

Those who are upset though...what were we clinging to?

You think this was a bad look?

9159172-large.jpg

HeaterCuse22 said:
So Im sorry you wanted them to actually use the military insignia? Do you have any idea how disrespectful that is?
Okay, so I think something got lost in translation here. I don't want it to look like anything, but the media and SU (during the announcement from what I gathered) said that insignia was done specifically as an homage with their ties to the 10th Mountain Division. There's no homage to the 10th Mountain Division, and you're telling me I'm being disrespectful. Seriously What? SU said there was one, I said it isn't and I'm being disrespectful. I think I'm done with this board for a while, you people are going f*cking crazy.

A Clockwork Orange said:
Okay, so I think something got lost in translation here. I don't want it to look like anything, but the media and SU (during the announcement from what I gathered) said that insignia was done specifically as an homage with their ties to the 10th Mountain Division. There's no homage to the 10th Mountain Division, and you're telling me I'm being disrespectful. Seriously What? SU said there was one, I said it isn't and I'm being disrespectful. I think I'm done with this board for a while, you people are going f*cking crazy.
He did say 10th mtn as well as 174th. The insignia was meant to pay respect to the local military divisions and also tie into the the TIME THEY SPEND with fort drum. I think it's been taken a little to literal. I think the media (go figure) made it more about being a copy of the 10th's insignia.

Guess what happens when you cross swords? It looks like an X. What does that stand for?

They took that idea and worked it with the 44, of course it was inspired by that.

What is there to get angry about?

Orange white orange, orange blue orange and then the one off, orange gray orange. Nothing else says Syracuse.
White-orange-white, blue-orange-blue, and orange-orange-orange would also say Syracuse.

I do like the thought of orange-gray-orange.

White-orange-white, blue-orange-blue, and orange-orange-orange would also say Syracuse.

I do like the thought of orange-gray-orange.
orange-gray-orange is what i was looking to see as well.

on those guys walking around NYC...did that make espn?? sny?? msg?? anything??

or was it just a couple of twitter photos??

a great idea that turned into a FAIL as well. couldve had the 2 guys with all the Orange walking around NYC or on the ESB Observation Deck...making sportscenter. now THAT is getting in the public eye.

How about having those 2 guys on the set of GMA, Today Show, etc instead of walking around NYC at 4:00 on a Wednesday afternoon? At least the SUAD Marketing crew got a nice NYC trip out of the deal.

It bothers me that a potential huge PR thing was botched by half-assery when there was 14 months to plan a huge unveiling.

As a former player, I LIKE the new uniforms. Cuse needed to change up something and if Ohio State, ND, Michigan can do so with all their tradition...so can the Orange.

Orangejet said:
As a former player, I LIKE the new uniforms. Cuse needed to change up something and if Ohio State, ND, Michigan can do so with all their tradition...so can the Orange.

Those schools kept their colors for their main uni's even if they changed the style.

Those schools use their official colors as their primary colors in their uniforms. And their nicknames aren't even a color.

newhouse geeks are the worst.

want to be clear and concise? leave out "At the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, I learned to write broadcast copy in a clear, concise manner, so here's my simple point:" and just get to the clear concise simple point already, you doofus

"If a quality athlete is drawn to the university simply because we wear "hip," Oregon-style, low-brow, low-class, hard-to-read uniforms, we don't want him!"

Nope, totally don't want Oregon-style athletes.

"If a quality athlete is drawn to the university simply because we wear "hip," Oregon-style, low-brow, low-class, hard-to-read uniforms, we don't want him!"

Nope, totally don't want Oregon-style athletes.
ha i didn't make it that far

BlhlhWXCQAAh21w.png:large

I think a bunch of SU's potential combos can look good- just wish the release would have been done better. Trust me I want HCSS to succeed, which is why I want the SUAD to get their act together on a number of things.

But where is the critical tip of the cap to the Space Needle on those?

BlhlhWXCQAAh21w.png:large

I think a bunch of SU's potential combos can look good- just wish the release would have been done better. Trust me I want HCSS to succeed, which is why I want the SUAD to get their act together on a number of things.

why did they go with such an obvious W on the collar

they have no subtlety out there.

#59's pants are the color of piss after you've just drunk three ventis at Starbucks. So there's that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom