Malachi signs with agent | Syracusefan.com

Malachi signs with agent

well wish him the best for that elusive "second contract", and hope he's a good fit wherever he goes. Some of our guys have had some tough luck on that.

74343-Tombstone-well-bye-gif-hji0.gif

wonder why GMs are certain -- certain with no body of evidence -- he can guard NBA 2-guards. Guess we will find out. Good luck to the young man

Because his arms are longer than his legs. Big wingspan.

I think I saw he launched all the way up to 13 on Chad Ford's latest big board after the combine. If that ends up holding true then real happy for him.

Got us a final four with a memorable 10 minute stretch and hopefully is another lotto pick to help us with our recruiting pitch going forward.

Good luck Mali. I didn't think he was a first rounder, but I am not an NBA scout, and I trust his sources better than mine. If he is likely to be a first, and is willing to work hard on his game, this is the right choice IMO.

NBA Teams have had good success with people leaving in the past year... just looking at players picked outside of the top 8:
Stanley Johnson
Devin Booker
Myles Turner
Justice Winslow

NBA coaching staffs don't neglect first rounders. In fact many assistants are willing to spend as much time as possible with you. After all, its in the best interests of the GM that the draft picks turns out. If you get a kid who is fairly mature, willing to put the work in on bis body (even with limited minutes), the NBA will take care of you.

wonder why GMs are certain -- certain with no body of evidence -- he can guard NBA 2-guards. Guess we will find out. Good luck to the young man

My guess is they just look at his measurements from the combine and testing in the various agility drills then try to project it out by comparing it to past draft prospects with similar measurable's.

I forgot where I read it but it's pretty interesting how some of these teams have the analytic presence play a role in scouting. They punch in guys size, stats, testing, and sometimes in the more advanced offices personality tests and the algorithm spits out all the players in the database with similar profiles and it helps give a neighborhood of who they could become.

im4cuse said:

Because his arms are longer than his legs. Big wingspan.

I thought playing good defense had more to do with moving your feet, positioning, etc. Wingspan has nothing to do with playing good man to man D, especially at the guard position. I guess his wingspan will come in handy when he's still in reach to grab a quicker guard that blows by him in order to foul. :bang:

Lets be honest, no one can say for certain that he made the right decision.

That doesn't mean it was the wrong decision. You weigh several factors... none of which should include what butt hurt Syracuse fan will think.

Sure you weigh several factors, doesn't mean it was the right decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom