Mali...back or not poll | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Mali...back or not poll

It really is getting annoying. The tough part about Mali is it's like he had his mind made up from the jump. I wouldn't care one bit if he was guaranteed a first round pick and went pro but it's like dude dropped the mic after flashing the 3 point goggles in our tourney run.

We either need to recruit better one and done's or go the Nova/UVA route and just recruit all four year guys.

There's nothing about Mal's profile that screams one and done. We keep getting these fringe guys, and they are ok for a year, but our teams have been rather average because we can't get them to stay longer than a year.

We either need to recruit better one and done's or go the Nova/UVA route and just recruit all four year guys.

There's nothing about Mal's profile that screams one and done. We keep getting these fringe guys, and they are ok for a year, but our teams have been rather average because we can't get them to stay longer than a year.

I thought his haircut was outstanding and displayed a certain level of moxie which I think fills one of the NBA requirements.

We need to get guys who don't only care about the Nba, like the kid from Cal.

I'd rather have a freshmen take us to the Final Four than not.

I think Malachi will be remember for these two highlights:

And this I will remember more because he broke Malcolm Brogdon ankles:

https://vine.co/v/ijbq3Mt3bY0

Ennis leaving bothered me for some reason. I don't care if Malachi leaves.

We need to get guys who don't only care about the Nba, like the kid from Cal.
If only JB and the staff had better crystal balls this could be so easy.

We keep getting these fringe guys, and they are ok for a year, but our teams have been rather average because we can't get them to stay longer than a year.

That's the part that bugs me the most. I can deal with being average every now and then, but it's become par for the course ever since we had that great 34-3 team. I can tolerate college basketball being watered down and having high roster turnover on an annual basis - but only if we're the creme de le creme. Otherwise it forces me to accept how awful college hoops has become. And it's quite depressing.

The recruiting effort and team staffing part of CBB has got to be an absolutely nightmare for the coaching staff. I just can't imagine!

That's the part that bugs me the most. I can deal with being average every now and then, but it's become par for the course ever since we had that great 34-3 team. I can tolerate college basketball being watered down and having high roster turnover on an annual basis - but only if we're the creme de le creme. Otherwise it forces me to accept how awful college hoops has become. And it's quite depressing.

I feel this way too. But players leaving is out of our control as much as I hate it sometimes.

Yeah, two Final 4 runs and an Elite 8 run in the last five years really screams average to me. I'm pretty depressed, too.

Yeah, two Final 4 runs and an Elite 8 run in the last five years really screams average to me. I'm pretty depressed, too.

If Jamie Dixon had one of those runs he would still be at Pitt.

Its not easy, I agree, but its about type of kid you recruit. Look at the kid from Cal, he is a lock top ten pick, and hes coming back to school Grayson Allen is probably a top 20 pick, and hes coming back. Malachi might not even be a first round pick, and it looks like he has no interest in coming back.

except our top recruits bolt after year 1

"I can't wait to step on the floor and I have 'Syracuse' across my chest. I think a lot of people might think we might be a little down, just like they thought this past year. I always love proving people wrong. That's what always drove me, so I can't wait to do that next year."

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2016/5...ketball-tyus-battle-kid-mamba-moyer-spotlight

If you don't get fan-drunk from this article there is something wrong with you!

Well we've made two final fours since then and won 30 games the year after we won 34, so it's not that bad.

"I can't wait to step on the floor and I have 'Syracuse' across my chest. I think a lot of people might think we might be a little down, just like they thought this past year. I always love proving people wrong. That's what always drove me, so I can't wait to do that next year."

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2016/5...ketball-tyus-battle-kid-mamba-moyer-spotlight
I do think there is a legit chance that TB is more impactful as a frosh than Mal was... a Battle/Gillon backcourt is an intriguing one for sure

I'd rather have a freshmen take us to the Final Four than not.

I think Malachi will be remember for these two highlights:

And this I will remember more because he broke Malcolm Brogdon ankles:

https://vine.co/v/ijbq3Mt3bY0

Ennis leaving bothered me for some reason. I don't care if Malachi leaves.

I guess I'm the exact opposite. Ennis was a borderline All American. He was in the first round all year. He should have left.

If Malachi leaves, we got one inconsistent season from him. Ennis was our best player. Mal might have been the fourth best player last year.

I do think there is a legit chance that TB is more impactful as a frosh than Mal was... a Battle/Gillon backcourt is an intriguing one for sure

The article had me completely fan-drunk! It's going to take a few days for me to recover. Listen to Tyus's answers, the kid is a brainiac on top of it all!! Holy crap!

I guess I'm the exact opposite. Ennis was a borderline All American. He was in the first round all year. He should have left.

If Malachi leaves, we got one inconsistent season from him. Ennis was our best player. Mal might have been the fourth best player last year.

Most people didn't see Ennis getting drafted 17th, most projections had him as a borderline first round pick. I thought Mal was at least our 3rd best player, if not 2nd best.

I see your point. Okay, I may slightly give in on my Ennis issue because Kaleb was such a bust so it seemed much worse than it actually was.

Most people didn't see Ennis getting drafted 17th, most projections had him as a borderline first round pick. I thought Mal was at least our 3rd best player, if not 2nd best.

I get what you are saying, but the stats don't necessarily back that up.

Mali is pulling a Jon Snow... planting off-season whispers that he gone... he gone for good. Juli is the red woman in more ways than one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom