Mali tells team he's gone | Syracusefan.com

Mali tells team he's gone

The reality is as follows

number one he really wanted to go but want to make sure it was the right choice !!

number two all the feedback he received had been very positive and he may end up being closer to the back end of lottery then the second round which is crazy

The reality is as follows

number one he really wanted to go but want to make sure it was the right choice !!

number two all the feedback he received had been very positive and he may end up being closer to the back end of lottery then the second round which is crazy
yep, with the feedback he apparently got, and the reports coming from the combine about him - it's a no brainer for him to stay in. now just hope he goes to a team that's a good fit and is well run

yep, with the feedback he apparently got, and the reports coming from the combine about him - it's a no brainer for him to stay in. now just hope he goes to a team that's a good fit and is well run
Well with his age it's a no-brainer many other athletes in his range of late lottery to first round of potential early second round it's not a no-brainer to leave but for Malachi we all know this is where he's at

Well with his age it's a no-brainer many other athletes in his range of late lottery to first round of potential early second round it's not a no-brainer to leave but for Malachi we all know this is where he's at
well yes, but it's become clear that he will not slip into the 2nd round - which is the assurance he was looking for to stay in, and he got. at worst he's a 20-something pick and he could slip into back end of lottery

Thanks Mali

You had an amazing as 8 minutes as I can remember with a spot to the Final 4 on the line, and you did it against the best defender in the country and he was a senior. You redefined ONIONS as we know it.

Good luck and crush em!!

Good luck to him . Having said that, did anyone watching our team this year think, boy Mali, he is a first round pick?

Good luck to him . Having said that, did anyone watching our team this year think, boy Mali, he is a first round pick?

No, but in the era where the 3 pointer dominates, he has the potential to be a knock down shooter. His size for a 2 makes him valuable to teams who switch on every play. I thought teams would be skeptical of his inconsistency, but apparently they are willing to let him develop.

No, but in the era where the 3 pointer dominates, he has the potential to be a knock down shooter. His size for a 2 makes him valuable to teams who switch on every play. I thought teams would be skeptical of his inconsistency, but apparently they are willing to let him develop.
I just don't see him as a knock down shooter.

Be grateful for his contributions this past year. Another Orange into the 1st round of the NBA draft. That reflects well on the program and bodes well for getting more One and dones. And the bottom line is that's the complexion of NCAA basketball in this era. So... if ya can't beat 'em , join em.

Congrats Mali... thank you for all you did and for our final 4 run in which you were a part of.

see ya

650x366

best of luck and make the world proud

Good luck Mali. Focus on your quickness, handle, and shooting consistency and you have a great chance to stick around for multiple years in the most competitive league in the world. Congrats!

Yes and the following is pretty much why for me.
but in the era where the 3 pointer dominates, he has the potential to be a knock down shooter. His size for a 2 makes him valuable to teams who switch on every play.
Also, that he is fearless in his mentality to score. His driving has improved enough during his early years in high school that he can at least draw contact or get a decent look in the lane - which can give him space on the perimeter.

Yes and the following is pretty much why for me.

Also, that he is fearless in his mentality to score. His driving has improved enough during his early years in high school that he can at least draw contact or get a decent look in the lane - which can give him space on the perimeter.

Yup, from the middle of conference play on, I started to see him as someone that if I were an NBA GM I could see as a valuable contributor to my team in the near future. I think that anyone that doesn't think that he's a knockdown shooter is out of their mind. He takes and makes tough shots consistently--it's not like he was shooting mostly spot ups off of kick outs, he consistently shook his defender with a 1-2 dribble move and canned a three with perfect form, square to the basket. He's finishes strong around the basket and has an uncanny knack for getting fouled with herky-jerk moves. I know that this is sounds extreme, but I really think that he could be a homeless man's version of James Harden without the phenomenal passing--a bit of liability on D even when he tries, but a good creator on offense who can get his shot off without great athleticism and gets a ton of foul shots.

Thanks for the memories Mal! We all will be left with a taste of what could have been, but that's only because you were so good, so soon for us!

Yup, from the middle of conference play on, I started to see him as someone that if I were an NBA GM I could see as a valuable contributor to my team in the near future. I think that anyone that doesn't think that he's a knockdown shooter is out of their mind. He takes and makes tough shots consistently--it's not like he was shooting mostly spot ups off of kick outs, he consistently shook his defender with a 1-2 dribble move and canned a three with perfect form, square to the basket. He's finishes strong around the basket and has an uncanny knack for getting fouled with herky-jerk moves. I know that this is sounds extreme, but I really think that he could be a homeless man's version of James Harden without the phenomenal passing--a bit of liability on D even when he tries, but a good creator on offense who can get his shot off without great athleticism and gets a ton of foul shots.

Thanks for the memories Mal! We all will be left with a taste of what could have been, but that's only because you were so good, so soon for us!
He's gonna have to learn to push off really hard on every play if he wants to come close to Harden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom