Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

Its sports.

The kid decided he’d go to the highest bidder who gave him the most ideal “promised” playing time.

At the end of the day not one of us fans are obligated to like him. He’s paid to do the things he does. Professionals accept the criticism as part of the job (within reason of course).

Again, I wish him health. Health and two winless seasons.
It’s not just the highest bidder (and do we have any actual evidence of that?), it’s playing for one of the most successful programs over the last 30 years. No one would fault you for taking a better job at a more prestigious company with far better odds of future success.

It’s professional sports now. This is what players deal with when they leave.
I had no problem with Joe or Jessie leaving. They put in their 4 years and a new world order gave them the opportunity for a new life experience. Good on them and thanks for their contributions.
Justin Taylor - Best of luck to you. In 2 years JT will the kind of player we would be targeting in the portal today. I'm assuming that loophole is closing.
Judah is pursuing his career and I wish him luck. .
Peter Carey and Mounir Hima - I hope you get the playing time you are seeking.
Quadir Copeland - He wanted the keys, he wasn't going to get them due to his inconsistency. Would have been nice to have him coming off the bench. Exciting doesn't begin to describe him. A little too exciting to be your #1 PG though.
Maliq Brown - Like Quadir it would have been nice to have him coming off the bench and would have given SU a very strong bench. His role at Duke will likely be similar to what his SU role would have been; backup at both the power forward and center. If he'd rather do that at Duke than SU then he's a Dukie and the only Dukie to ever be cheered in the Dome had to switch sports and come home to do it. He will deserve whatever the student section can come up with.
splitter-lonely.gif

The only player leaving that would have started next season is Judah. We still have to replace him but am confident HCAA will.

It’s not just the highest bidder (and do we have any actual evidence of that?), it’s playing for one of the most successful programs over the last 30 years. No one would fault you for taking a better job at a more prestigious company with far better odds of future success.

Doesn’t mean your customers or coworkers are obligated to like/respect it

What if that larger prestigious company has been trying its darndest to put the smaller company you used to work for out of business? Would your coworkers at the old job think highly of you if you went from fighting that company, to turning around and helping them bankrupt your old place of work for a bump in pay? No they would not.

Screw Maliq Brown. Dead to me. People are trying to explain away a cuse guy transferring to Duke. What a freaking joke.

What if that larger prestigious company has been trying its darndest to put the smaller company you used to work for out of business? Would your coworkers at the old job think highly of you if you went from fighting that company, to turning around and helping them bankrupt your old place of work for a bump in pay? No they would not.

Screw Maliq Brown. Dead to me. People are trying to explain away a cuse guy transferring to Duke. What a freaking joke.
It’s not just a bump in pay.

I just don’t get fired up by this. These kids are showing exactly the amount of respect for their former institutions as they were shown. He busted his butt for us this year and was promptly told he wouldn’t be able to start next year. He made his choice, I’ll respect it, just like I will for the kids who bailed and chose SU.

It’s not just a bump in pay.

I just don’t get fired up by this. These kids are showing exactly the amount of respect for their former institutions as they were shown. He busted his butt for us this year and was promptly told he wouldn’t be able to start next year. He made his choice, I’ll respect it, just like I will for the kids who bailed and chose SU.
Oh nooo I might have to fight for my starting spot next year like everyone else does better go to our biggest rival! And now who is making assumptions? Needed more evidence when someone said that he was going to the highest bidder but fully believe that we told him he WOULD not start next year. No competition with Freeman or anything like that. What is your evidence?? Gonna need some more evidence that we aren't dealing with a DukeFaninVT as well

How cruel of us not to automatically give Maliq guaranteed starting spot and major minutes over the #6 recruit in the nation. We really are the bad guys. Totally fine he is going to Duke when you keep that in mind!

Oh nooo I might have to fight for my starting spot next year like everyone else does better go to our biggest rival! And now who is making assumptions? Needed more evidence when someone said that he was going to the highest bidder but fully believe that we told him he WOULD not start next year. No competition with Freeman or anything like that. What is your evidence?? Gonna need some more evidence that we aren't dealing with a DukeFaninVT as well
At least we know they’ll be playing in the tournament next year.

Yeah, so spot on. Likely, the same folk over these past several years trying to explain how sanctions were the main reason for our fall from grace, et al. ;)

Will you be intentionally be cheering for Maliq Brown at Duke, because you think his decision makes sense to you?

Will you be intentionally be cheering for Maliq Brown at Duke, because you think his decision makes sense to you?
I don’t cheer for anyone these days. I got too much going on. I’ll be happy for him, however, if he has success. He plays the game the right way.

Maliq Brown - Like Quadir it would have been nice to have him coming off the bench and would have given SU a very strong bench. His role at Duke will likely be similar to what his SU role would have been; backup at both the power forward and center. If he'd rather do that at Duke than SU then he's a Dukie and the only Dukie to ever be cheered in the Dome had to switch sports and come home to do it. He will deserve whatever the student section can come up with.
If enough people on here keep saying this maybe it'll become true!

Doesn’t mean your customers or coworkers are obligated to like/respect it
Pretty big difference between not liking/respecting it and spending money and time to go to your jilted coworker’s new job to ridicule them, no?

Pretty big difference between not liking/respecting it and spending money and time to go to your jilted coworker’s new job to ridicule them, no?
Maliq Brown’s not the reason I went to Cuse games when he played for us, and he wont be the reason I attend now that he’s on Duke

I imagine with Gillis coming in, he's going to start at the 3 with Flagg at the 4 or vice versa? Elite shooters like that typically start (aka Bell), especially since Duke will need the outside shooting with next year's team. I feel like this pushes Maloq to the bench...?
Coach JAB would agree.

Brown isn't better than Bell at the3

He isn't better than Freeman at the 4

He isn't better than Lampkin at the 5.

He is an excellent 15 minute a game situational substitute. He might have gotten the ceremonial start but he simply isn't better than Bell, Freeman, or Lampkin. Its why he left and as JB just said all his friends left.
He has a better opportunity to start for Duke and he will get a degree from Duke, be closer to home, and possibly get paid more money. This is why I think he left.

I just hope people don't boo Maliq when Duke comes to town next season. I'd like to think we're above that, and he handled everything that was thrown at him last season better than anyone expected.
he absolutely deserves to get booed.. this is sports. Syracuse put the time in with this kid when he was a no name recruit. Syracuse gave him a chance. Syracuse played a huge part in his development. He said he was coming back. Loyalty. Then he transfers to Duke? cmon man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom