Many of you are miserable people! | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Many of you are miserable people!

I’m pissed we lost.. It sucks!… But I don’t blame JB or his staff or the players.. It’s a young team learning… Please see that and stop trolling or being a dumbass or ignorant or whatever .. Miserable negative people suck and there’s many on here …JB will retire soon .. Supprt the program, Coach and players.. They are making strides and competing
Just because Somebody disagrees with what he did or because he did act like a jerkoff and this is becoming way too common Does not mean that they support the program any less , I know I don't. But A change needs to be made this off season not the next or the one after that .
Isn't that the point of this whole site is to discuss topics that happen during the game and people are surprised when the coach topic comes up. yeah OK

What do you mean by built-in excuse?That JB purposely compiled a young roster so he could use that as an excuse as to why we’re not good enough to be a tourney team? You’re saying he wants to fail?

I think he’s been failing at roster construction, has a hard time evaluating what you need to win on college basketball today, and is averse to aggressively mining the portal. But i don’t get what you mean here. I believe he thought he could win with this roster.
No, I don't think he wants to fail at all.
I believe he thought they would win.
As he did with his sons, by the way.

I'm suggesting when he says stuff like this:

That's the excuse. He KNEW that there would be times there year he would have to depend on his freshman, yet he acts amazed when he did and we should all just accept the ups and down of playing this many freshman.

Agreed 100% on the roster construction.

Oh I absolutely blame the staff. If it wasn’t clear the first time that theres no offensive approach with under a minute left in close games… how many more times do we need to bang our heads against this wall? Our half court o is non existent.
Yes this has definitely become a big Problem not just this season but has been there for the pas 3, 4, 5 seasons , so there is definitely a right for people to have a gripe here

Guys guys guys…the team is young…we just need one more year to build and gel. Plus lock down a couple stud croots and next year will be our year!

From “Posts of the Last 10 Years”
Really? We lose our top scorer and our top rebounder next year. No one on the roster is a starting center and there are no recruits coming in. Of the returning players, Mintz has a great future. Every other player has a lot to prove to even be considered an average D1 player.

First, when you have two seniors in your starting lineup, and a sophomore there for most of the season, and a senior 3rd guard, you’re not that young.

Second, to the extent that we are “young”, it’s entirely by choice. JB could have brought in a couple of vets via the portal, like he did with Jimmy Jr and Swider, but he chose not to. So that’s on him. Many of us wish he had been more aggressive in the portal, particularly for Forwards.

Third, no one better be surprised when the experience these freshman are getting doesn’t entirely pay off for us next season. Because a couple of them are going to leave. That’s just the way it is.

Really? We lose our top scorer and our top rebounder next year. No one on the roster is a starting center and there are no recruits coming in. Of the returning players, Mintz has a great future. Every other player has a lot to prove to even be considered an average D1 player.
And is not out of the realm that we could lose not only our head coach but a couple assistants To head coach jobs. Hope administration knows what they are doing……

???

I mean we really aren’t that “young.”
And to the extent we ARE young…we’re liable to lose quite a bit of production from this year to the next, putting us in the exact same place (or worse…)

Too many here say the team is Bad and that is a negative take .. The team is not Bad .. Bad is Gtown or Louisville… Syracuse is mediocre lately , but my argument is they compete and they are getting closer to Good but not great … This is a better team than last year or for that matter the year before that went to sweet 16
As someone else said: we’re 13-10. That’s bad. We do indeed stink. We’re still Syracuse basketball even if we’re not even close to what we once were. 13-10 STINKS!!!! We cannot normalize this and say we’re getting better when we have TEN losses by February.

You didn’t get it? That depresses me.

Too many here say the team is Bad and that is a negative take .. The team is not Bad .. Bad is Gtown or Louisville… Syracuse is mediocre lately , but my argument is they compete and they are getting closer to Good but not great … This is a better team than last year or for that matter the year before that went to sweet 16
This team is not a better team than the sweet 16 team. Cmon.

You know but the scary thing now is that with this transfer portal pretty much looking ahead is meaningless to a certain extent because we could have half the team or all but one, whatever transfer.
it's just very very chaotic and personally me I'm not a fan of it but it's here so what are you gonna do

You know what I mean I don't think we could even use the freshman excuse as much anymore because of the transfer portal I mean probably half of the schools are close to that are dealing with new players roster changes that You know the team is totally different so that is pretty much almost these kids almost all of our guys have played in big time high school basketball return to mains whatever so I mean this freshman thing is not as big as a deal with that either.
It looks to me that coach is cracking under the pressure and I'm sure a lot of people are seeing the same thing and he is not happy about it . He is used to being worshipped and now hes acting and pouting like a little kid because somebody asked him a question about Benny Williams are you kidding me

Just because Somebody disagrees with what he did or because he did act like a jerkoff and this is becoming way too common Does not mean that they support the program any less , I know I don't. But A change needs to be made this off season not the next or the one after that .
Isn't that the point of this whole site is to discuss topics that happen during the game and people are surprised when the coach topic comes up. yeah OK
I have one more problem with what he said that this team is making strides how??? yes they have competed all year but over and over and over they Fail 2 get over the hump which is beating one of these teams either in the lead and they choke or they just keep it close but can't get the win and this has been happening continuously throughout the year so I don't understand where these strides are . My guess is I'm you're just surprised by some of the freshmen's play saw my butt I think when games are close like this over and over and over and you have a young team that emphasizes this and the coach Who is probably the most important part of this team because hes been there before they haven't and we still continue to fail with the capitalized so that falls squarely on Jim boehiem's shoulders in my opinion

Starting Lineups:
Fr / Sr / Fr/ Fr/ Sr *(most of the year was Fr/Sr/Fr/So/Sr)
vs
Fr / Fr / So / Jr / Jr

Who's the young team here?

We're the 1st team
Purdue, #1 team in the country, is second
Can we allow for nuance? I mean, at all?

Just because Purdue is having success starting two freshmen, doesn’t mean every team should be doing the same. Smith and Loyer are the only true freshmen on that team who play. And they’re playing alongside the best player in the country.

We’re relying heavily on four freshmen, plus another newcomer in Hima. Copeland to a lesser extent. And Williams remains a work in progress. He wasn’t game ready when he stepped foot on campus and still isn’t, unlike Smith and Loyer.

Plus, we all know by now that the zone takes time to learn. Yes, that’s a flaw in JB’s system. Doesn’t make it any less of a valid reason for why we struggled out of the gate and are still figuring things out.

If we started the year with a lineup of Mintz, Girard, Edwards, Brown, and Swider, we’d be pretty damn good. Yes, that’s on JB for not trying to retain Swider and for the overall construction of the roster. No question.

Bottom line, we’ve had young teams (or teams that relied on young players) in the past that were like Purdue (2003 and 2014) and young teams that struggled like this one (1997, 2002, 2007). This isn’t black and white. It rarely is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom