Many of you are miserable people! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Many of you are miserable people!

We need Joe to step up and do exactly what we saw Gardner and Clark do to us. When we build any separation, he needs to be that guy who can hit a shot to create the space we need to close out games or the guy to break through when we are sitting at 4-5 pts behind.
Assuming he's going to play 36-38 mins a game. If he doesnt, we'll lose, because he doesnt do much else.

he literally has to score. And can.

I don't agree with that.

We have improved a great deal. We have played solid teams straight up over the past few weeks.

We are still very young.

The season is not over - I'm sticking with the boys.

We’re likely to lose Joe and Jesse (at least!) so I’m not sure we can use youth as an excuse

Starting Lineups:
Fr / Sr / Fr/ Fr/ Sr *(most of the year was Fr/Sr/Fr/So/Sr)
vs
Fr / Fr / So / Jr / Jr

Who's the young team here?

We're the 1st team
Purdue, #1 team in the country, is second

Yikes. I didn’t know that about Purdue.

I mean we live in a world with not only the NBA but now also the Portal and NIL. Every year going forward we’re havento be playing for NOW.

Yikes. I didn’t know that about Purdue.

I mean we live in a world with not only the NBA but now also the Portal and NIL. Every year going forward we’re havento be playing for NOW.
Of course, which is why the "we're young" narrative was driven on purpose from day 1. It was a built in excuse. Hoping that fans wouldnt realize MOST good teams are either just as young or are older portal built teams. Success!

Yes, but not the enraged ("YOU HAVE NO EYE FOR FASHION") Frank voice. More matter-of-factly. "In Queens there's a lot of mosquitoes. Gnats too, if I'm not mistaken."
I was thinking

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

The youth excuse is just that an excuse for bad coaching and bad game plans. Other teams win with youth. With the transfer portal you better be able to teach and coach younger kids.

Starting Lineups:
Fr / Sr / Fr/ Fr/ Sr *(most of the year was Fr/Sr/Fr/So/Sr)
vs
Fr / Fr / So / Jr / Jr

Who's the young team here?

We're the 1st team
Purdue, #1 team in the country, is second
That is eye opening. Then again, Painter is a great coach. Runs beautiful offense.

I’m pissed we lost.. It sucks!… But I don’t blame JB or his staff or the players.. It’s a young team learning… Please see that and stop trolling or being a dumbass or ignorant or whatever .. Miserable negative people suck and there’s many on here …JB will retire soon .. Supprt the program, Coach and players.. They are making strides and competing
Such an old, tired take. Some people go over the line, sure. But there’s a difference between being negative and REALISTIC. This team isn’t good, that’s a fact. It’s okay to say it.

Of course, which is why the "we're young" narrative was driven on purpose from day 1. It was a built in excuse. Hoping that fans wouldnt realize MOST good teams are either just as young or are older portal built teams. Success!
But has JB used the “we’re young” excuse? I haven’t heard him talk about that much or use it as an excuse.

Assuming he's going to play 36-38 mins a game. If he doesnt, we'll lose, because he doesnt do much else.

he literally has to score. And can.

Doesn’t do much else. Ok.

Someplace on here someone posted we were the 2nd youngest team in the ACC.

What do you mean by built-in excuse?That JB purposely compiled a young roster so he could use that as an excuse as to why we’re not good enough to be a tourney team? You’re saying he wants to fail?

I think he’s been failing at roster construction, has a hard time evaluating what you need to win in college basketball today, and is averse to aggressively mining the portal. But i don’t get what you mean here. I believe he thought he could win with this roster.

Last edited:
Such an old, tired take. Some people go over the line, sure. But there’s a difference between being negative and REALISTIC. This team isn’t good, that’s a fact. It’s okay to say it.
Too many here say the team is Bad and that is a negative take .. The team is not Bad .. Bad is Gtown or Louisville… Syracuse is mediocre lately , but my argument is they compete and they are getting closer to Good but not great … This is a better team than last year or for that matter the year before that went to sweet 16

Doesn’t do much else. Ok.
What else does he do? Let's debate this honestly instead of your typical "LOL" response.

I'll agree that he's a good backup ball handler, but at times gets sloppy

He's not good on D. He's just not. Facts back that up, but he does try.

He's a good in PNR with Jesse, but we don't run it much this year.

When he's hitting shots, he's a good SG. When he's not, he's not a positive on the floor vs other options.

I'm not sure why that's a controversial take. He's been hitting shots most the year, so he has been a positive.

Someplace on here someone posted we were the 2nd youngest team in the ACC.

Starters? Or what's the context? Would need to see that proven to accept that statement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom