Many of you are miserable people! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Many of you are miserable people!

This game could have been won and we wouldn't have needed an offensive approach with under a minute left if we did better than shoot 11 - 18 from the line and 3- 15 from the 3. We could have taken advantage of their poor second half shooting the 3. For the game they were 9 - 21.

If Girard could be a consistently double figure player instead of going from 28 at GT to 7 last night. If he had shot close to his his average 16.6 no problem with #6.
Had double figures vs UVA Pt 1, Pitt, UNC and Miami. Yeah we need an above average performance from our lead scorer to beat great teams, but imo we have other major issues.

2013 will have been over 10 years ago. That team won 30
games and does not belong in this conversation.
The downward trend began in 2014-2015 and has continued to 2022-2023. 10 years will be 2023-2024. That would be 9 years on the bubble or out. 2018-2019 we were solidly in as an 8 seed vs. Baylor, the Frank suspension game.

Last edited:
I have that framed panoramic of the Dome from the 2014 Duke game in my office right next to where I sit. I get sad looking at it now and might have to take it down. I’m clinging to some scraps from a season we lost in the 2nd round and fell apart? And knowing that we might never have a game like that again is just depressing.
Amazing. Really thought that was just the beginning. First year in the ACC and we should’ve beat Duke twice and if not for a tough stretch at the end and a “fluky” Virginia team, would’ve won the league. We beat UNC easily and were clearly a better program than them at the time.

Thought it was going to be us and Duke battling it out for years, they’d move the ACC tourney to the Garden, etc.

Even when we went to the Final 4 while recovering from sanctions in ‘16, I thought we’d get things revved right back up to 2009-14 levels, after 2 down seasons - one that ended in the final 4.

2018-19 was where I realized it was over.

If one of those guys weren’t on the roster I don’t know how we have any wins.

I didn't even notice them on the court during the last game and we almost won. Saw Jesse get pushed around and JG3 run away from the ball in crunch time. Other than that didn't notice them all.

I support the program through thick and thin. What you interpret to be "miserable" is actually a confluence of multiple emotions achieved by the action (or inaction) of the athletics program. This wasn't sudden- we've been watching a brush fire turn into an inferno while the people in control stood by with fire hoses in-hand doing nothing. Everybody saw this coming. We pay good money to go to these games, and for what? To watch us lose "buy" games to Bryant and Colgate? We have every right to be miserable and angry toward Boeheim and Wildhack based on the ineptitude and destruction of a once-proud basketball program.
Weve become The Hotel Syracuse.

Lol... quite a bit actually for an average Joe. Still waiting on that expertise of yours to emerge. Just a heads up but there is loads of bball knowledge here... on top of that we've had folks with ample experiencing coaching and they tend to actually post actual analysis vs generalizations.
Banjams posts like he just got a modified job this winter and is all amped up thinking he’s the next John Wooden because his fast kid can get a steal and make a layup and his tall kid can stand by the basket and get a few putbacks a game.

We would recover from Joe. Not Jesse
I don’t know about that, we have both and we still stink in a bad ACC and the most open NCAA ever.

Meh, almost everybody thought we were going to lose by 20. That we had no chance. That we wouldn’t be competitive.

No, I’m not excited about moral victories. I’m just not going to pretend like this result is an indictment of the program and further proof that JB needs to go. We played one of the best teams in the country and we played well. It’s another missed opportunity, I get it. We can’t be that bad if we keep finding ourselves in this position, though.
Meh, we play them close sometimes. And sometimes we lose by 20. Same with Duke. Same with UNC.

But we basically always lose.

Banjams posts like he just got a modified job this winter and is all amped up thinking he’s the next John Wooden because his fast kid can get a steal and make a layup and his tall kid can stand by the basket and get a few putbacks a game.

Lol. The funny part is pretty much any person that tells you the thing/job they do at the time of giving their opinion on a relevant matter, you can fully expect they won't be very good at it. That kind of knowledge is shown not told.

Yeah sure, it’s the fans’ complaints that have made this a national story, not the exalted coach’s own douchery.

Hot Dog Man GIF

Amazing. Really thought that was just the beginning. First year in the ACC and we should’ve beat Duke twice and if not for a tough stretch at the end and a “fluky” Virginia team, would’ve won the league. We beat UNC easily and were clearly a better program than them at the time.

Thought it was going to be us and Duke battling it out for years, they’d move the ACC tourney to the Garden, etc.

Even when we went to the Final 4 while recovering from sanctions in ‘16, I thought we’d get things revved right back up to 2009-14 levels, after 2 down seasons - one that ended in the final 4.

2018-19 was where I realized it was over.

Agreed on 18-19. Coming off the Sweet 16 with the core of that team coming back I really thought things clicked and we were going to back to normal. That UConn/ND 1-2 punch at MSG and Yankee Stadium were gut punches.

I don't agree with that.

We have improved a great deal. We have played solid teams straight up over the past few weeks.

We are still very young.

The season is not over - I'm sticking with the boys.
We played VT straight up?

I don't agree with that.

We have improved a great deal. We have played solid teams straight up over the past few weeks.

We are still very young.

The season is not over - I'm sticking with the boys.
I think with Brown starting and the quick hook for Bell now in the playbook, we could def go on a good run vs the non top 4-5 teams

I think with Brown starting and the quick hook for Bell now in the playbook, we could def go on a good run vs the non top 4-5 teams

We need Joe to step up and do exactly what we saw Gardner and Clark do to us. When we build any separation, he needs to be that guy who can hit a shot to create the space we need to close out games or the guy to break through when we are sitting at 4-5 pts behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom