Many of you are much smarter than I am, so I have a question. | Syracusefan.com

Many of you are much smarter than I am, so I have a question.

Longtimesu

Scout Team
Why does JB wanna a 24 second clock to speed up the game when his team has been comfortable playing sloooooooooooooooow ball?

I’ve been watching our players running down the court, calling for the ball after a missed shot by the opponent, and SU set’s up in half court. I would think that if you’re missing jumpers, take the fast break points.

Well giving the opponent 11 less seconds to find a shot against the zone would be nice.

Reactions: cto
I think it has more to do with the fact that we don't play slow ball, but our opponents do. Syracuse doesn't typically wait until the final seconds of the shot clock to develop a play, but our opponents quite frequently wait until the last ten seconds to look for a shot. A 24 second shot clock would benefit Syracuse possibly more than any other team in college basketball.

look how many more shot clock violations SU opponents would have had with even a 30 sec clock. And with that thought, has anybody seen any stat on who lead the nation like that. Or lead the nation on avg time to get shots of against? UVA was a leader in points allowed but much of that was how long they took on offense.

So that our defense can force more three and outs. That way when we score in the 50's, we'll win by holding our opponents to the 40's. I hate this argument that we have no power to speed up the pace of the game. Other teams use defensive strategy to speed up their opponents and force turnovers. We don't do it because JB chooses not to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom