Marcus Smart Officially | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Smart Officially

Jeff Orr has gone to all but two of TT games last year. Home and away. You don't want to screw with him if your flying to Lubbock. He's an air traffic controller.
Previous years OK St. players have said they NEVER went to Lubbock that they didn't hear racial taunts from the stands.

You know that all of the Big12 teams now will be doing big Orr heads when Okie St plays against them.

I wish Smart had shattered the guy's jaw.

Too many people feel it is their right to say whatever they want to whomever they want.

I see it all the time. And it doesn't just happen at pro or college sporting events. I see it at high school and at even younger ages.

And you can bet that that fat, out of shape POS wouldn't have the guts to say boo if he saw Smart on the street.

I can't begin to disagree with you more. No matter what this guy said, Smart should of walked away. There is no room for violence against fans at any level. He cannot lose his composure like that...I suppose that CJ should of clocked the Minn player that clocked him in Maui too??????

As for the fan, let Texas Tech deal with him. It's their job, not Marcus Smart's.

I wish Smart had shattered the guy's jaw.

Too many people feel it is their right to say whatever they want to whomever they want.

I see it all the time. And it doesn't just happen at pro or college sporting events. I see it at high school and at even younger ages.

And you can bet that that fat, out of shape POS wouldn't have the guts to say boo if he saw Smart on the street.
Just because these guys are athletes performing doesn't give people the right ot say whatever they want to them. You're right, if this was at a bar, no way this dude opens his mouth to Smart. But since it was at a sporting event, people think the athlete's cant step to them if they open their mouth, so it gives them free reign to say whatever they want. Smart was wrong to react, but people like that "fan" have to learn that you can't just open your mouth and say whatever you want. Whatever you say to an athlete while he is on the court better be the same thing you'd say to him in public, or else you're just a coward and shouldn't open your mouth.

I can't begin to disagree with you more. No matter what this guy said, Smart should of walked away. There is no room for violence against fans at any level. He cannot lose his composure like that...I suppose that CJ should of clocked the Minn player that clocked him in Maui too??????

As for the fan, let Texas Tech deal with him. It's their job, not Marcus Smart's.

That fan is also a man. Another human. Just because you're a fan doesn't excuse you from acting like an idiot.

That fan is also a man. Another human. Just because you're a fan doesn't excuse you from acting like an idiot.

No it doesn't. He's most assuredly an idiot. But it's up to Texas Tech to deal with him.

This would be a great time to show zero tolerance for racist taunts. This guy deserves a permanent ban. If I were a visiting coach or A.D., I would say "if this guy stays, we go," and forfeit the game if necessary. It is going to take something like that before the culture changes. The NCAA isn't going to do anything about it until something affects the dollars.

This would be a great time to show zero tolerance for racist taunts. This guy deserves a permanent ban. If I were a visiting coach or A.D., I would say "if this guy stays, we go," and forfeit the game if necessary. It is going to take something like that before the culture changes. The NCAA isn't going to do anything about it until something affects the dollars.

That would be completely idiotic considering we don't even have proof of what this guy said.

Personally, I'm on the side that regardless of what Jeff Orr said, Smart has to keep his head. He isn't the first guy to be taunted, and it's only going to get worse for him now since fans now know they can get in his head. All he has to do is shrug it off for 6 seconds and then he never sees this guy again. It was just stupid on Marcus's part even if Orr is in the wrong too.

I can't begin to disagree with you more. No matter what this guy said, Smart should of walked away.

I suppose that CJ should of clocked the Minn player that clocked him in Maui too?????

I don't care if u disagree with me. We'll agree to disagree but the CJ Fair analogy is not a good one.

That would be completely idiotic considering we don't even have proof of what this guy said.

Personally, I'm on the side that regardless of what Jeff Orr said, Smart has to keep his head. He isn't the first guy to be taunted, and it's only going to get worse for him now since fans now know they can get in his head. All he has to do is shrug it off for 6 seconds and then he never sees this guy again. It was just stupid on Marcus's part even if Orr is in the wrong too.

Under the assumption that this guy said "Go back to Africa," and nothing else, (and yes, it has to be verified), the guy should be banned from the arena. Should we be teaching 18-22 year olds that they should endure racial taunts, or should we be holding 50 year old fans to a semblance of common decency? The answer seems obvious to me.

Under the assumption that this guy said "Go back to Africa," and nothing else, (and yes, it has to be verified), the guy should be banned from the arena. Should we be teaching 18-22 year olds that they should endure racial taunts, or should we be holding 50 year old fans to a semblance of common decency? The answer seems obvious to me.

At the end of the day, unless a significant number of people in his section agree that he said that, there's no proof that he did anything wrong. The only thing we have proof of is that Smart lost his head and pushed a fan and could have easily injured him. It's easy to say that we should punish people that taunt, but doing so opens up a whole new can of worms where fans can just claim that a fan of the other team said something bad and have a couple of his buddies back him up and suddenly they just got a perfectly fine fan banned from the arena. We will never be able to control what paying customers say during the course of a game.

amen. no debate necessary...

3 things could have happened there:

1. *most likely* fan calls him N bomb - gives him literally no excuse to go into crowd to shove. It insults every black athlete before him from Jordan to Malone in Utah to Ali to Ernie Davis/Jim Brown to Jackie Robinson to UTEP. smart is suspended 2-5 games
2. *least likely* fan threatens to murder smart and his family - smart is vindicated and doesnt deserve suspension
3. anything else said - smart suspended for season, drafted in 2nd round and banished to Europe for 2 years
Those guys that you mentioned suffers their taunts in silence so young men today would not have to. If the guy said it, a shove is too light a punishment.
If the guy said it, TTech should ban him from CAMPUS and ask all opponents to ban him from their away games.
Let's also have the guy go into a black bar and spout that shite, instead of being surrounded by all his good ol boys, the coward.

It's probably nothing, but a Texas Tech fan (who, based on his other tweets, is an a-hole), seems to be implying that Orr called Smart the P-word, not the N-word.

And Orr is still insistent that what he said was not racial at all according to Seth Davis (but obviously, you could simply argue that he wouldn't admit it if he was, which is fair).

It's probably nothing, but a Texas Tech fan (who, based on his other tweets, is an a-hole), seems to be implying that Orr called Smart the P-word, not the N-word.

And Orr is still insistent that what he said was not racial at all according to Seth Davis (but obviously, you could simply argue that he wouldn't admit it if he was, which is fair).

what would the P-word be? Punk? P*ssy? P*nis? Pr*ck?

If all he did was call him a p*ssy, then a lot of people look like clowns for all the racial statements.

Also, if all it takes to get Smart to fly off the handle is being called a p*ssy, then whoa...

However, we still don't know. He said/He said.

If all he did was call him a p*ssy, then a lot of people look like clowns for all the racial statements.

Also, if all it takes to get Smart to fly off the handle is being called a p*ssy, then whoa...

However, we still don't know. He said/He said.

I'm not sure being a p*ssy is really a bad thing. I mean I wouldn't want to be one but I like them.

I'm not sure being a p*ssy is really a bad thing. I mean I wouldn't want to be one but I like them.
Its something where if another player on the court says that to you, you'll react but if a fan says that, who cares.

Its something where if another player on the court says that to you, you'll react but if a fan says that, who cares.

Exactly.

But again, I'm taking this kid's tweets with a huge grain of salt lol.

If that's really what was said I have no understanding of why he got so upset. Like I said in another thread its going to be a he said she said thing.