Marek will NOT play in Italy (and other observations from Rothstein) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marek will NOT play in Italy (and other observations from Rothstein)

If this is the starting 5, we will have some major fire power off the bench. Girard, QG, Braswell, Edwards, Goodine all off the bench!? My goodness... I can already see the Braswell is getting Boeheimed and QG is going to transfer or go pro early because of PT posts. Can't wait.

My prediction, not that I know anything about anything. Dolezaj or Sidibe comes of the bench and QG slides into the starting lineup at the 4. I don't see JB trusting Sidibe to start the 5 all year and centers historically don't do great as freshmen because they struggle to backstop the zone.

But what is their BODY LANGUAGE like?

On the positive side - Boeheim said that everybody will play in every game during this. So while players will develop chemistry and some things can become more clear as far as roles go - if everybody is playing, it’s not like you’re playing any of these like a real game and going with your best 7. You’re not really nailing roles down if everybody is playing.

If there’s one player who individually could afford to miss these games, I’d say it’s Marek. His absence opens up even more PT for QG, Edwards, Braswell, and JBA in these games and we will need at least two of those guys to contribute this season IMO.

When are these italy games? Don't think it's an issue if he isn't there.

I like that he thinks Sid will start...i assume he must moving well (at least for now)

I hope I am wrong, but I am starting to get the feeling Marek never reaches his potential here. He looked like the best "basketball player" on the court at times as a frosh, but didn't seem to improve much of any last year. Now he has another setback with his finger.

Hope he figures it out, but I am starting to lose hope a little...

Eating in Italy alone should be good for 5 lbs. :p

I don't think so. Remember it is still Europe. I was in Rome in 2012 and had to order two entrees at every restaurant to even make up 75% of the portion size I'm used to in Texas. And I'm only 66% the size of these dudes.

Marek is going to be the least of our problems. Guys who do the grunt stuff - defend and facilitate always mesh easily. I also think he improved quite a bit last year - seemed more confident on his jumper, excellent passer. I also know I'm in the minority but staying on campus hasn't proven that you will bulk up, etc. As for his potential - he's never going to reach it playing the 5 which he again will be doing this year IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom