Mario Cristobal to Miami | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Mario Cristobal to Miami

Eugene, Oregon is in a beautiful area, but it is not near football recruiting areas and it is almost 2 hours from Portland. It is a lot easier geographically to recruit at Miami. And, Oregon’s football attendance is not great as they averaged 53.6k in 2019 although that is about equal to their stadium capacity. Without the Nike money, what is their competitive edge?
Probably true but there is a lot more competition for talent down in south florida than there is on the west coast.

One other factor in Cristobal's move--West Coast recruiting just got much tougher with Riley moving to USC.

Of course, Florida recruiting will be no cup of tea with Napier (who is said to be a monster) arriving at UF.

I would also pump the brakes a bit on a new stadium in Coral Gables, despite the wishes and plans of the billionaire-du-jour. There is not a lot of land available in that town, and the NIMBY factor should not be discounted.

One other factor in Cristobal's move--West Coast recruiting just got much tougher with Riley moving to USC.

Of course, Florida recruiting will be no cup of tea with Napier (who is said to be a monster) arriving at UF.

I would also pump the brakes a bit on a new stadium in Coral Gables, despite the wishes and plans of the billionaire-du-jour. There is not a lot of land available in that town, and the NIMBY factor should not be discounted.

Yeah Cristobal will have to prove himself far far sooner than one piece of turn ever gets turned on that stadium. I bet they are 4 seasons out on that thing if it ever happens but is what they need for sure

Yeah Cristobal will have to prove himself far far sooner than one piece of turn ever gets turned on that stadium. I bet they are 4 seasons out on that thing if it ever happens but is what they need for sure

Isn't Miami trying to build an MLS stadium? They should just share that, make it like 38K.

Isn't Miami trying to build an MLS stadium? They should just share that, make it like 38K.

I think that idea has been going on forever. Per the google, they are at their closest point to approval yet, and it's for a 25k stadium. But it's 15 miles closer to campus.

It is almost impossible for Miami to not be a major power in college football.

Yet the people that run that place seem to find a way to screw things up year after year by making Miami more than a Suntan U academically.

{snip}
FIFY

Yea , David Beckham has found he doesn’t have too much pull when it comes to manipulating things in Dade County

The only thing missing at U Miami was the administration's will to be a major power again.
After their several scandals they internally destroyed themselves. Looks like they're going to be back big soon.
I love reading about these big programs personnel shifts ... while we're a perennial doormat.

The only thing missing at U Miami was the administration's will to be a major power again.
After their several scandals they internally destroyed themselves. Looks like they're going to be back big soon.
I love reading about these big programs personnel shifts ... while we're a perennial doormat.
They may or may not be back. It depends upon how well Cristobal can coach. He has shown only mediocre results so far.

They do have a quarterback, though.

I wonder what relationship, if any, there is between Radakovich and Cristobal. I doubt there has been much coordination among the affected parties over the past few weeks. If the new coach under-performs after 2 or 3 years, will the AD have his back?

Miami asserting its place in the pecking order.
I'm glad cause besides us playing, but what's good for the ACC IS GOOD 4 US.
ACC has alot of potential, especially top heavy and Imo could be right there with the Big10 in terms of performance, $$$$$ comes later

Without the Nike money, what is their competitive edge?
Hahaha, that's funny. What else do they need?
Have you seen what the Nike money has built for their athletics department?

Radakovich has already stated that Miami needs a better tv deal or they may shop around. I think he’s going to quickly find out that Miami is a different world than Clemson. The University isn’t a cash cow for athletics. They do have a graduate of Miami wiling to pay for a new stadium closer to campus. Must be nice.

Radakovich has already stated that Miami needs a better tv deal or they may shop around. I think he’s going to quickly find out that Miami is a different world than Clemson. The University isn’t a cash cow for athletics. They do have a graduate of Miami wiling to pay for a new stadium closer to campus. Must be nice.
The ACC TV deal would be better if Miami didn't stink since joining the ACC. Look in the mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom