Mario Cristobal to Miami | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Mario Cristobal to Miami

Wait I thought The U was back when they hired the son of the former mayor of Miami..

I thought they were on the upswing with Diaz, to be honest. Van Dyke is the real deal and they just need to tighten up the defense, which is supposed to be Diaz's strength.
Yup. They got a QB. They didn't give him a chance. They'll probably win 10 next year because Van Dyke and a lot of the young kids Diaz got in and Cristobal will get the credit.

Tomcat you hoping they can salvage this mess I'm not sure if you're serious or not. They can burn to the ground as far as I'm concerned.
I have no love for Miami. They have been an outlaw sleazy program for decades.

But they really aren't even in our conference. We play them once every 7 years.

And a strong UM is needed for the ACC to get the respect (and money) we need.

Yup. They got a QB. They didn't give him a chance. They'll probably win 10 next year because Van Dyke and a lot of the young kids Diaz got in and Cristobal will get the credit.

I don't even know about that. Cristobal will bring his own system and some kids might leave. It will take a while for the new offense and defense to gel. Just a bizarre decision to make. They were on the cusp of a breakthrough. Could be that it all works out for them but there's an added element of risk now with the coaching change.

I don't even know about that. Cristobal will bring his own system and some kids might leave. It will take a while for the new offense and defense to gel. Just a bizarre decision to make. They were on the cusp of a breakthrough. Could be that it all works out for them but there's an added element of risk now with the coaching change.
That's true.

Which is why it's nuts not to give Diaz another year. He seems to have the pieces in place.

Cristobal might be able to recruit, but from watching his teams play he’s not going to out coach anyone. Recruiting has not been the issue at Miami. Its funny that with all the resources Oregon has they don’t keep coaches very long.

Good for the ACC.

We desperately need someone other than Clemson to become a national power.

Cristobal to Miami is the jolt this conference needs.
All I know is Cristobal best recruit his tail off cuz once the game starts he can't find a clue.

Apparently the U's hospital system made $400,000,000 in profit and they've decided to put some of that money into athletics. That's a rumor on Twitter.

Apparently the U's hospital system made $400,000,000 in profit and they've decided to put some of that money into athletics. That's a rumor on Twitter.
So Covid is going to enrich Miami athletics what a joke.

Cristobal might be able to recruit, but from watching his teams play he’s not going to out coach anyone. Recruiting has not been the issue at Miami. Its funny that with all the resources Oregon has they don’t keep coaches very long.
Most schools cannot. It is a sign of the times. Oregon went from 2 coaches in 32 years (18 years of Brooks and 14 years of Bellotti) to 5 coaches in the last 14 years (Kelly 4, Helfrich 4, Taggart 1, Cristobal 4, new HC).

Most schools cannot. It is a sign of the times. Oregon went from 2 coaches in 32 years (18 years of Brooks and 14 years of Bellotti) to 5 coaches in the last 14 years (Kelly 4, Helfrich 4, Taggart 1, Cristobal 4, new HC).

And they're a school with a ton of money and are a big name in the sport.

Just an Old guy opinion, but I cant stand the Turnover chain, turn over necklace , turnover wagon, turnover wafflemaker or whatever.

I’m a young(er) guy and I don’t love it either. I also hate all these coach role models that bolt on their teams/players lying the whole way and don’t even coach their bowl game.

Yeah right. He'll have plenty of time. haha

If he doesn't show tangible progress after the second year then his seat will start to get warm. This cutthroat biz works both ways. You can hop to the next big job with the big $$$ or your butt gets thrown overboard once they lose patience and nobody else wants you. It just amazes me that Cristobal is in such strong demand despite his entirely mediocre track record.

weird Scenario for sure for Diaz but if you get over $8m to get fired, I literally do not feel bad one bit. These coaches are on another planet right now with buyouts

OL Doug Marrone---?????

I think he was still in Buffalo in 2015.

But you can see why it's appealing for guys like him, Bill O'Brien to take a position on that particular college staff. It's a great re-entry plan.

I think he was still in Buffalo in 2015.

But you can see why it's appealing for guys like him, Bill O'Brien to take a position on that particular college staff. It's a great re-entry plan.
It's a launching pad for top coaching jobs over the last years. Sark was there before Texas.

Eugene, Oregon is in a beautiful area, but it is not near football recruiting areas and it is almost 2 hours from Portland. It is a lot easier geographically to recruit at Miami. And, Oregon’s football attendance is not great as they averaged 53.6k in 2019 although that is about equal to their stadium capacity. Without the Nike money, what is their competitive edge?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom